The 2016 Headies award is going down tonight and anticipation has built up with a lot of excitement.
Of course we know Tekno is not getting any Headies this year as he was disqualified for not meeting up with promotional requirements by the organisers. Its no biggie for the 24-year-old as he had even mocked the choice of category he was nominated in in the first place. The question is who will win what?
We have our guesses.
Here are some of the nominees we are tipping for an award at least.
1. Kiss Daniel will very likely clinch at least one headies after been nominated four times in the best R&B/Pop Album, best pop single, best new artiste and best album (solo or group).
2. Wizkid will also clinch something having being nominated four times.
3. It would also be a harvest for Falz d Bhad Guy who got six nominations.
4. Though he may not attend, Olamide should be in for a haul with 10 nominations in all.
5. Darey Art Alade – Pray for me (For the song best recording of the year ) Darey is tipped in this category because of the international appeal. Even though other songs in the category were well done too, Darey has an edge with the Soweto Choir feature.
6.. Oscar Herman-Ackah, Producer of Darey Art Alade’s Pray for me is tipped for the Producer of the year category. We picked him because of the complex works involved in the song.
7. Clarence Peters, who made Falz D Bhad Guy’s Soldier video is tipped for the Best music video category. The video tells a story and it brings out the life in the music.
This do you have contrary views? Lets have it