With barely 24 hours to the 2017 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCA), no doubt anticipation would be high in several quarters.
Can last year’s big winners repeat the feat again? Which veteran would be honoured with the life long award this year? Who would be the next Kemi Lala Akindoju to clinch the Trailblazer award this year? Which movie will out do Stephanie Linus’ Dry as the best overall movie? Will Ariyike Oladipo’s Daddy’s Girls retain the Best Television Series award? Will Funke Akindele still clinch the best Actress category? Definitely energetic Daniel Kanayo Daniel will be looking to keep his Best actor award but will be possible?
In a little less than 24 hours, the questions will be answered. Meanwhile the charming duo of Minnie Dlamini and IK Osakioduwa have retained their spots as hosts so let the magic begin.
Most importantly, fans and fashionistas are watching out for stars who will dominate the red carpet with their styles this year like the last.
To know exactly what we are looking forward to, here are some of the most beautiful gowns from last years event.
1. Emerald studs on green and the beautiful shoulders of Stephanie Linus
2. Showing some fresh back skin, Genevieve Nnaji’s dress was a huge inspiration for bridesmaids throughout 2016
3. If angels wear yellow dresses, they’d all look like Lilian Esoro in that yellow gown that emphasised her beautiful face.
4. Mercy Aigbe looked stunning in her studded white mermaid gown
5. And Rita Dominic slayed in her green gown