Connect with us

News

12-year-old boy stabbed, forced to eat own faeces for defecating inside gutter in Lagos

Published

SARS Ogun

A hoodlum is on the run after stabbing a 12-year-old boy for defecating in front of a house.

The incident happened in Aguda, Surulere area of Lagos State.

The hoodlum, identified as Lass, also forced the boy, known simply as Seyi, to eat a portion of the faeces.

Lass allegedly stabbed the boy in the hand and stomach.

Seyi, an orphan and primary six pupil, hawks yam for his aunt whom he lives with at Ijesha, a neighbouring community.

It was gathered that the boy had gone hawking on October 1, 2019 when he suddenly had the urge to use the toilet.

Unable to find a toilet around the area, he rushed to the front of the house on Joel Oguntade Street and emptied his bowel beside a gutter.

An elderly woman living in the compound reportedly sighted him and raised the alarm, attracting some residents to the scene.

One of the residents was said to have invited Lass and one other hoodlum who assaulted the boy.

A social worker with the Advocate for Children and Vulnerable Persons, Mr Lanre Akala, said the dehumanising treatment meted out to the boy was brought to his attention and he reported the case at the Aguda Police Station.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Enugu govt. decontaminates Ogbete Main Market

He said,

“The boy was hawking yam around Aguda for his aunt. We learnt his parents are dead. On the day the incident happened, he had the urge to use the toilet while he was hawking around 7pm. He excreted around a gutter in front of a house on 10, Joel Oguntade Street, Aguda.

“As he was defecating, an elderly woman came out and held him down. She called some men to beat him. The men then invited some area boys who stabbed him and forced him to eat the faeces. They forced it down his throat and gave him water to drink.

“The case was reported at the Aguda Police Station and three of them, including the woman, were arrested. We will follow through the case. The boy has been treated in a hospital.”

Seyi, a native of Ikale, Ondo State, who admitted what he did was wrong, told our correspondent that he resorted to open defecation because he could no longer hold the excreta.

MORE READING!  Policemen shoot 17-year-old girl dead in Lagos

He stated that one of the residents had flogged him before the hoodlums were invited, adding that the louts threatened to kill him if he refused to eat the faeces.

He said,

“That Tuesday, I sold yam to someone and she asked me to wait and collect the money. As I was waiting for her, I was ‘pressed.’ I asked a man where I could poo but he shunned me. I then rushed to the front of a house and pooed in front of their gutter.

“A woman came and was shouting at me. People came outside and one of them started flogging me. After flogging me, they called two area boys. They (louts) said if I did not eat my shit (faeces), they would kill me. When I did not want to eat it, one of them stabbed me in my stomach and hand and forced me to eat the shit. They then gave me water. I know all of them.”

It was learnt that three suspects had been arrested in connection with the assault but they denied Seyi was fed with his faeces.

MORE READING!  Buhari congratulates Masari at 70

The case has been transferred to the Gender Unit at the Lagos State Police Command headquarters in Ikeja.

“One of the suspects admitted that he flogged the boy but he insisted that nobody forced him to eat his faeces and drink water as the boy claimed. The suspect said he flogged him the way he would punish his own child for engaging in such an act. The suspects are assisting the police to track the hoodlum who reportedly stabbed the boy,” a source told our correspondent.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Bala Elkana, said the Commissioner of Police, Zubairu Muazu, had ordered that thorough investigation be carried out on the case to ensure that the perpetrators were brought to book.

News

JUST IN:Nigeria records 553 new COVID-19 cases, total now 9,855

Published

on

COVID-19 cases in Nigeria increased further on Saturday with 553 cases reported by the country, even as authorities intensify efforts to flatten the curve of the pandemic.

The new cases were confirmed by the specialist agency, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Twitter.

This takes the country’s total infections to 9,855, out of which 2856 have been discharged with 273 losing their lives.

MORE READING!  For drinking his soft drink without permission, man kills his brother in Lagos

Data from the NCDC showed that the cases were spread across 14 states and the FCT, with Lagos accounting for the highest number of infections for the day with 378 cases.

553 new cases of #COVID19;

Lagos-378
FCT-52
Delta-23
Edo-22
Rivers-14
Ogun-13
Kaduna-12
Kano-9
Borno-7
Katsina-6
Jigawa-5
Oyo-5
Yobe-3
Plateau-3
Osun-1

MORE READING!  Sanwo-Olu dedicates first anniversary to frontline health workers in Lagos

9855 cases of #COVID19Nigeria
Discharged: 2856
Deaths: 273

Continue Reading

News

COVID-19: Enugu govt. decontaminates Ogbete Main Market

Published

on

The Enugu State Fire Service has commenced the decontamination and fumigation of Ogbete Main Market, Enugu, against the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Addressing newsmen during the exercise on Saturday, the state’s Chief Fire Officer, Mr. Okwudiri Ohaa, said that the exercise would last until Sunday.

It would be recalled that the state fire service carried out the first phase of the exercise in the market on April 1, shortly after the market was shut down by the state government to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the state.

MORE READING!  Govt can’t risk reopening schools now - education minister

During the first phase of the decontamination of the market, the exercise was monitored by Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and heads of security agencies in the state.

Ohaa said that the state government had been consistent with the exercise to ensure that “the fight against COVID-19 is won in Enugu State”.

He maintained that the decontamination would be a continuous one, saying that “when the market reopens, it will be a weekly event’’.

He advised residents to continue to adhere strictly to all precautionary measures for containment of COVID-19.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: FG suspends evacuation of stranded Nigerians

Ohaa said the guidelines on personal hygiene protocol by World Health Organisation (WHO) and Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), among others, should be adhered to.

Reacting on behalf of the traders in the market, the Chief Security Officer, Mr. Justus Ezebinagu, commended Gov. Ugwuanyi for the initiative to decontaminate the market for the second time.

Ezebinagu gave an assurance that the traders would comply strictly with the government’s precautionary measures as well as the laid-down protocols by WHO and NCDC.

“When we were told that the governor directed the fire service to come and fumigate the market, the traders were happy because this is the second time they are coming to fumigate the market since this pandemic started.

“We thank our amiable governor for coming to our aid. We are happy.

“Even though the market is partially open for now, we believe that our governor is going to do more in our collective interest,’’ he said.

Continue Reading

News

Buhari‘s nephew, Ibrahim Dauda, dies in Daura

Published

on

Ibrahim Dauda, a nephew to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), is dead.

Buhari, in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said Dauda died on Saturday in Daura, Katsina State, following a prolonged illness.

In a condolence message, Buhari was quoted as saying the death had robbed the family and the Daura community of one of its finest gentlemen.

“I am deeply touched and devastated by the passing of yet another family member, a man who had demonstrated amazing kindness and honesty in all his dealings.

“The deceased is survived by a number of children, including Dauda Ibrahim, a Chief Administrative Officer in State House, Abuja,” the President said.

He prayed to God to forgive the soul of the deceased and reward his deeds.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Enugu govt. decontaminates Ogbete Main Market
Continue Reading




Trending