Connect with us

Metro

Man, 71, raped me 10 times, gave me charm to steal for him, 13-year-old alleged victim reveals

Published

After Ashiru Sule, 71, denied raping a 13-year-old girl and using her to steal, the victim (name withheld), gives an account of what transpired between her and the aged man.

Recall that Ashiru Sule, a seventy-one-year-old grandfather, who was nabbed after allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl and using her to steal in Gombe State, denied raping the girl in question, saying that she lied against him as he had nothing but have a business relationship with her.

The 13-year-girl shares her side of the story, insisting that  Ashiru raped her on numerous occasions and used charms on her…

How old are you?

I’m 13 years old.

MORE READING!  Covid-19 vaccine will stop people from entering heaven, Kanye West

You alleged that you were raped by a 71-year-old man, how did it happen?

Baba (A respectful form of address for an older man) here raped me several times; I can remember 10 times that he raped. He started doing it when I was staying with my grandmother.

How long have you known him?

I’ve known him for more than two years. He lives in my area, close to Galdimari quarters in Gombe, but he started behaving strangely towards me when we met in the big market.

How?

I noticed that each time I went to buy maize, he would give me N1,000 worth of maize and also mix something inside a bottle for me to drink. He also gave me a locally made charm known in Hausa as ‘laya’ to bury in the house.

MORE READING!  Child dies, six rescued as three-storey building collapses in Lagos [Photos]

What did he say the charm was meant for?

He said it would make me invisible and that I would not be caught if I stole. This was because he made me start stealing maize for him to sell. He made me start looking for where to steal for him. Sometimes, he would take me on his motorcycle and whenever there was an opportunity to steal, I would do so. After selling the maize, he would keep the money.

MORE READING!  Ogun Govt commences works on flood-prone areas

How many containers of maize did you steal for him?

I successfully stole 146 containers that I took to him.

How did you manage to carry the stolen maize?

I used a tricycle to transport it to him.

Are you a pupil?

Yes, I am. I attend a school in the barracks.

What do you hope to become in the future?

When I grow up, I want to become a policewoman. I want to help sanitise society.

What do you want the police to do to him?

I want nothing but justice to be done, to teach others a lesson.

Metro

Again, another building partially collapses in Lagos (Photos)

Published

on

Another building has partially collapsed in the Ikotun area of Lagos State on Saturday, July 11.

This coming barely 24 hours after a three storey-building collapsed in Lagos Island, killing three persons and leaving many others injured.

This was contained in a statement released by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency LASEMA.

MORE READING!  Nigeria records 664 new Covid-19 cases, total now 31,987

According to the statement, the one-storey building with nine shops and 15 rooms collapsed from the back of the building. Thankfully no life was lost or anyone injured in the incident.

The Director-General of the Lagos State Emergency Response Agency (LASEMA) disclosed that the building was found to be conspicuously distressed as many cracks were observed on the walls, pillars, and decking.

MORE READING!  20-year-old student allegedly raped and murdered in Ilorin

He said all the occupants have been evacuated while the building has been cordoned off.

See Photos below;

Continue Reading

Metro

50-year-old man arrested alongside neighbour for allegedly having s3x with daughter

Published

on

A 50-year old man has been arrested after his 15-year old stepdaughter exposed him that he had been secretly sleeping with her as well as their 30-year-old neighbour, since 2019 in Lagos.

According to P.M.EXPRESS, the incident happened at Ibitoye Street, Ajegunle area of Lagos, where they reside.

It was gathered that both the stepfather identified as, Paul Nnadi, and their neighbour, Ayobamidele, were sleeping with the victim without each of them knowing until they were arrested over the dastardly act.

MORE READING!  Death of black teenager in US juvenile facility sparks outrage

The matter eventually leaked when Ayobamidele was caught in the act by the stepfather, Paul and he raised alarm. The victim then opened up and implicated her stepfather accusing him as the one who started the sexual abuse before Ayobamidele joined.

This shocked their neighbours including his wife, who reported to the Police and the suspects were arrested. They were later transferred to the Gender Section of the Command for interrogation.

MORE READING!  Borno: Two soldiers, 17 terrorists killed in Boko Haram ambush

During the investigation, the suspects admitted but insisted that they did not force her into it and that was why she did not reveal before it got exposed.
The Police found them culpable and then charged them before Ogba Magistrates Court for defilement which attracts several years of imprisonment if they are found guilty.

However, the Court did not take his plea after the prosecutor, Mr Christopher John, asked the Court to remand the suspects pending the outcome of the DPP’s advice.

MORE READING!  Popular Nigerian rapper Weird MC celebrates 50th birthday

The Presiding Magistrate, Mr P.E. Nwaka, ordered their remand in Correctional centre without an option of bail and directed the prosecutor to duplicate the file and send to the DPP for advice.

The matter was adjourned till 10th August 2020, while the suspects will remain in custody pending the outcome of the DPP’s advice which will determine if the matter will be transferred to the High Court or not.

Continue Reading

Metro

Gunmen attack two Kaduna villages, kill 20

Published

on

No fewer than 20 people have been reportedly killed by gunmen following an attack on Chibuak and Kigudu II communities in Kauru Local Government Area of Kaduna state.

The two villages were said to have been attacked consecutively on Thursday and Friday at midnight while some of the villagers were said to be missing.

In the attacks which took place Thursday and through to Friday midnight, scores of villagers in the two communities were said to be missing.

Again, the gunmen were said to have launched another attack on Kigudu ll when villagers were preparing for a mass burial for the deaths on Saturday but were repelled by security operatives.

MORE READING!  Policeman detained for killing okadaman over face mask

Although the police in the state were yet to confirm the attacks, a Parish Priest of Damakasuwa Outstation, Reverend Father Aaron Tanko, confirmed the incidents, saying 20 people were killed while several other villagers, were missing.

Aaron, who overseers the two communities, said at Chibuak village, nine people were killed while 11 were killed in Kigudu II.

He said,

“The attacks took place on Thursday and Friday at midnight. Chibuak was attacked on Thursday and nine people were killed. They attacked Kigudu II on Friday night and killed 11 people.

“Some people are still missing so I cannot conclusively say this is the casualty figure. Some of those killed are my parishioners others are Protestants.

“We were preparing for the mass burial for our Parishioners this morning (Saturday) in Kigudu II but we could not do it when the herdsmen came attacking us again.

“But they were repelled by the security personnel. Nobody was killed or injured.

“We couldn’t even conduct proper mass burial, we just offered simple prayers and they were buried.

“There are villages where people cannot even go to their farms for fear of being killed by herdsmen.

“We appealed to government to addressed these incessant attacks on our communities and killings by herdsmen.”

When contacted as of the time of filing this report, the Kaduna State Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige said he was yet to received details on the attacks.

MORE READING!  Why Okocha never won Ballon d'Or - Habib Beye

Jalige said,

“I will try and get in touch with our men there and get more details and then get back you.”

Continue Reading




Trending