The legal team of Oluwatobiloba Daniel Anidugbe, better known as Kiss Daniel has urged the public to ignore the statement released by the singer’s former record label G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd.
The legal team in a statement released on Tuesday also indicated that the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos denied and refused G-Worldwide’s application for an injunction restraining the singer from performing, recording or using the stage name “Kiss Daniel”.
” This application for injunction was surreptitiously and secretly filed without notice to our client but the court saw through the deceit and refused the application,” read the statement signed by T. Oluwaseye Lawal (Esq.) for L & A – Legal Consultants, Kiss Daniel.
Read the statement below.
What G – Worldwide Entertainment Ltd Will Not Tell You.
We are solicitors to Oluwatobiloba Daniel Anidugbe (Kiss Daniel) and our attention has been drawn to the unfortunate publication by G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd. currently circulating on social media in respect of the exit of our client from G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd. It has been said that “A lie unchallenged becomes the truth.” In view of the above, we wish to say as follows on behalf of our client:
1. The Federal High Court sitting in Lagos denied and refused G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd.’s application for injunction restraining our client from performing, recording or using the stage name “Kiss Daniel”.
2. In other words, the court refused to grant any order of injunction to restrain or prevent Kiss Daniel from performing, recording or using the stage name “Kiss Daniel” as requested by G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd.
3. This application for injunction was surreptitiously and secretly filed without notice to our client but the court saw through the deceit and refused the application.
4. Kiss Daniel formally terminated his contract with G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd. via a letter dated 30th of October 2017. The terminating was done in compliance with the provisions of the Recording Contract between the parties and the said contract was even drafted by G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd itself.
5. Our client had earlier filed a law suit against G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd at the Lagos State High Court on 31st of October 2017 and G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd. has already filed its appearance, defence and objection to the said suit.
6. With regard to the name “Kiss Daniel”, our Client was already using the combination of the stage name “Kiss” long before he ever met G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd. The addition of “Daniel” (which is his middle name) was at his instance. It is therefore, laughable and unbelievable that G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd. will purportedly claim to own/dash our client his own middle name.
7. G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd. has never paid for the recording of any of the songs recorded or released by G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd. on behalf of Kiss Daniel throughout the subsistence of their relationship. Pray, what is the fundamental obligation of a Record Label if it will not pay for studio sessions, producers and recording generally?
8. Out of respect for the court and G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd (especially the many years of mutual beneficial relationship they had), our client will continue to restrain himself from engaging G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd in media mudslinging despite the lies, half-truths and provocations.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, we reiterate that the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos did not grant any injunction against our client rather the court refused the application of G-Worldwide Entertainment Ltd. for an injunction to restrain our client from performing, recording or using the stage name Kiss Daniel.