Connect with us

General

2019 UTME: Over 1.3 million candidates have accessed results so far – JAMB

Published

JAMB

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says over 1.3 million candidates have so far accessed their results using the result checker (code), 55019.

The board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this in an interview on Wednesday in Lagos.

Benjamin was speaking against the backdrop of claims in some quarters that majority of candidates who participated at the board’s 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) had yet to access their results through the said code.

He also described as untrue, claims by some mischief makers that the N50 charges incurred through the code was going to the board’s purse.

“I want to refute all these claims as there is no truth in them.

“First and foremost, by our records, over 1.3 candidates who sat for this examination have accessed their results using the code for checking the results, which remains ‘55019’.

“Again, let me also state in clear terms that the N50 charged in the process of checking these results does not go to JAMB’s purse but to the various service providers,” Benjamin said.

According to the spokesman, the clarification became necessary in view of what he described as ‘wicked and malicious rumors’ by some persons that the board is charging a fee for checking of results.

MORE READING!  Lyon president says French League’s halt to Ligue 1 was “stupid’’

Giving a breakdown of the total number of results checked by candidates through the various network providers, Benjamin noted that MTN had the highest, with a total of 888,598, followed by Glo, with a total of 190,923.

He said that coming third was Airtel, with a total of 104, 970 candidates who have so far accessed their result using the network.

MORE READING!   Canadian nurse tests positive for coronavirus eight times in 50 days

Benjamin said that before now, Airtel had some technical hitches, but thankfully, all such challenges had been addressed.

Speaking further, he noted that a total of 62,170 candidates had also accessed their results using the 9mobile service provider.

The spokesman said the board appreciated the concern of those candidates who had challenges accessing their results and expressed the board’s sincere apologies to the development.

MORE READING!  Joe Biden's #YouAintBlack comment reveals deeply rooted, pernicious racism - Nigerian rapper

He noted that the board was partnering with the network providers in ensuring quality service in an attempt to forestall such occurrences in its subsequent examinations.

Benjamin said that already, plans were already in place to forward the results to candidates’ profiles for viewing and printing.

Results for 2019 UTME were released on Saturday, May 11.

Over 1.8 million candidates registered for the examination.

NAN

General

Evangelist lambastes Adeboye for dressing like a gangster

Published

on

A Nigerian Evangelist Victor Edet has called out Pastor Adeboye’s son, Leke, for ‘dressing like a gangster’ in a new photo that surfaced on social media.

On Facebook, Evangelist Edet via his post wondered what the church was turning into and asked that Leke be seriously cautioned and called to order.

Sharing a photo of Leke, Mr Edet wrote;

“I was shocked and shut of word’s after seeing this picture, how can a Pastor be wearing a face cap this way? God of mercy, what is the church turning into? Leke Adeboye should be cautioned seriously and he should be called to order. You can’t be a Pastor and be dressing like a gangster.”

See photo of ‘gangster’ Leke below:

MORE READING!   Canadian nurse tests positive for coronavirus eight times in 50 days

 

Continue Reading

General

Ganduje releases 294 inmates to mark Eid celebrations

Published

on

Ganduje releases 294 inmates to mark Eid celebrations

Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje has granted freedom to 294 inmates of correctional centres in the state, a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Abba Anwar, said on Sunday.

It said that Ganduje witnessed the release of the inmates from the correctional centre at Goron Dutse on Sunday, and quoted him as declaring that the gesture was in the spirit of Eid-El Fitr.

MORE READING!   Canadian nurse tests positive for coronavirus eight times in 50 days

“The governor also said that the gesture was to complement the Federal Government’s efforts to further reduce congestion in the nation’s correctional centres.

“Ganduje also recalled that President Muhammadu Buhar‎i had directed governors to decongest correctional centres to help observe COVID-19’s social distancing protocol.

“It is based on that directive that in the last two months the state has released 603 inmates. The goal is to decongest Correctional Centres. We hope that they will be of good character henceforth,” the statement said.

It said that the governor also gave each of the freed inmates N5,000 as transport fare to their destinations.

MORE READING!  Burundi’s ruling party candidate, Evariste Ndayishimiye, wins presidential election

The statement quoted the Comptroller of Prisons, Abdullahi Magaji, as commending Ganduje for donating 30 hectares of land to the Federal Government for the construction of a modern Correctional Centre.

Magaji also advised the freed inmates to be of good character and stay off crimes to avoid going back to prison.

MORE READING!  Eid-el-Fitr: AMAC boss calls for prayers to end COVID-19

The statement indicated that the governor was accompanied to the centre by his deputy, Nasiru Gawuna, and the Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero.

Continue Reading

General

Ooni celebrates Aregbesola at 63, describes him as epitome of loyalty

Published

on

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, has congratulated the Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola on his 63rd birthday, describing him as an epitome of loyalty.

This is contained in a statement by his Director of Media &Public Affairs, Comrade Moses Olafare on Monday in Ile-Ife.

Ooni said that Aregbesola is worthy of celebrations, saying that he started with student’s right activism over 40 years ago.

“As a proponent of democratic rule, you in the 90s participated in the several pro-June 12 struggles, which led to the enthronement of civil rule in 1999.

“You have since 1999 lived for the people through your sterling public service performances, first as Commissioner For Works and Infrastructure in Lagos state from 1999 to 2006.

“Followed by your emergence as Governor of Osun from 2010 to 2018 and your current position as Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in charge of Interior.

“Through which you oversee very sensitive sections of Nigeria’s internal security like Immigration, Civil Defense, Fire service, Correctional service among other responsibilities.

“RAUF, you are indeed a great descendant of Oduduwa and a Nigerian patriot with incorruptible Pan Africanism for which you are always worthy to be celebrated.

“You are an Omoluwabi per excellence, a down-to-earth grassroots politician with incredibly huge followership, a great promoter of our cultural values and heritage, an icon of people oriented public service and an epitome of loyalty,” Ooni said.

The royal father, who doubles as Council of Obas and Co-chairman of National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria(NCTRN), prayed for good health and longevity for Aregbesola who is the immediate past governor of Osun.

“My dear Ogbeni, may the Almighty Olodumare keep, upholding your entire household as you gloriously clock 63 today.

“We also pray the rest of your journey on this earth shall be characterized by sound health, meaningful long life and immeasurable prosperity,” Ooni prayed.

(NAN)

MORE READING!  Man buys Lamborghini Urus, three 2020 Porsches for his children, mother on same day (video)
Continue Reading




Trending