Connect with us

Crime

35-year-old man found dead in bush with Sniper bottle

Published

Tell my mum I failed, Nigerian man

Operatives of the Lagos State Police Command, on Saturday, recovered the corpse of a yet-to-be identified man in the Adio bus stop area of Ijanikin.

The victim, said to be about 35 years old, was alleged to have committed suicide by taking a deadly insecticide, Sniper.

The bottle of the insecticide was found by his lifeless body by homicide detectives led by the Divisional Police Officer of the Ijanikin Police Station during a visit to the scene of the incident.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, said in a statement on Sunday that the corpse was recovered from the bush and deposited in the Mainland General Hospital, Yaba, for autopsy.

MORE READING!  Man robs farmer of 50 gallons of palm oil, others, sets victim's house ablaze

Elkana said,

“On Saturday, August 3, 2019, around 9.30am, information received by the Ijanikin Police Station revealed that one unidentified man, about 35 years old, was lying dead in a bush beside the bridge at Adio bus stop, Ijanikin, Lagos.

“A team of homicide detectives led by the DPO, Ijanikin Police Station, visited the scene. On close observation, one plastic bottle of Sniper, suspected to have been taken by the deceased, was found by his side. Photographs were taken and the corpse was removed and deposited in the Mainland General Hospital, Yaba, Lagos, for autopsy. Investigation is ongoing.”

In a similar development, the corpse of one Samuel Adebekun was also found in his Toyota Camry car with number plate BEN 231 CB around the Obalende area of the state.

MORE READING!  Housewife, 18, allegedly stabbed husband to avoid defilement

Elkana said the corpse was discovered following a distress call by passers-by, who saw Adebekun lying unconscious in the vehicle.

He stated that when the doors of the car were forced open, the 61-year-old was discovered to have died, adding that when contacted, the deceased’s family said Adebekun had been ill.

Elkana said,

“On Sunday, July 28, 2019, around 5.30pm, the Onikan Police Station received a distress call from Obalende Road that a man locked himself in a gold Toyota Camry with number plate BEN 231 CB.

“Immediately, the scene was visited, the door was forced open and it was discovered that the man had died. The family of the deceased was quickly contacted via his phone. The name of the deceased was revealed by the family as Samuel Adebekun, 61, and that he had been sick; so, no foul play was suspected. The corpse and the vehicle have been released to the family on request.”

Crime

Cemetery workers caught stealing heads from five newly buried corpses in Ondo

Published

on

Four cemetery workers have been arrested in Akure, the Ondo State capital, for allegedly decapitating five fresh corpses in Ondo.

WuzupNigeria reports that the four suspects – Adewale Abiodun, 40; Akinola Sunday, 69 and Oluwadare Idowu, 67 and Olomofe, 45 – were caught with the heads.

It was gathered that the four were caught red-handed cutting the head of a corpse by family members of the deceased.

MORE READING!  Housewife, 18, allegedly stabbed husband to avoid defilement

The family members were said to have returned to the cemetery to make arrangements on how to concrete the grave hours after the burial was concluded.

On meeting the culprits, they alerted the state Special Anti-Robbery Squad [SARS] who arrested them.

The SARS operatives discovered that the suspects already had fresh four severed heads and a female human head.

“As they were trying to exhume the corpse, some family members of the deceased came back to the cemetery with some bricklayers to cement the grave and caught them in the act,” an eyewitness said.

“lt was when we caught them in the act which led to their beating that we discovered that they were in possession of a female human head and four other fresh severed heads.

“We immediately contacted men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) who came to pick them up.”

 

MORE READING!  Soldier, others allegedly kill 'Yahoo Boy' after robbing him of N800,000

 

Continue Reading

Crime

Teacher who sexually assaulted pupils begs judge for castration, gets 12 years jail term

Published

on

A former Pensacola teacher who pleaded guilty last year to an array of sex offenses involving students begged the judge on Wednesday to consider castration rather than sentence him to prison.

Mark Lua, 32, made the unusual request to Circuit Court Judge Thomas Dannheisser at his sentencing hearing Wednesday morning.

“My actions were despicable to say the least,” Lua said.

“I do believe that punishment is necessary, and I am requesting chemical castration not only as a punishment but as an act of solidarity to show how sorry I am for everything. If your honour is so inclined, I am even willing to undergo physical castration if that way I can stay home and raise my daughter.”

Dannheisser did not respond to Lua’s request and instead sentenced him to 12 years in state prison, followed by 15 years of probation.

MORE READING!  Man robs farmer of 50 gallons of palm oil, others, sets victim's house ablaze

Lua, a former English teacher at Booker T. Washington High School, accepted a plea bargain in October 2019, pleading guilty to charges of promoting a sexual performance by a child, unlawful sexual activity with minors and two counts of unlawful sexual activity with minors.

“He seemed to seek out girls that came from unstable or troubled homes,” Assistant State Attorney Erin Ambrose said in court Wednesday.

“He manipulated them, and he betrayed them because he was a teacher.”

Lua was arrested three separate times last year after allegations arose that he coerced a student into sending him an inappropriate video, that he had sex with an underage student and that he had sexually assaulted an 18-year-old former student.

The allegations against him resulted in five criminal cases based on the claims of four victims.

“Part of the plea bargain was that he would plead down to the most serious charge related to each victim,” Ambrose told the News Journal.

“Two of the five cases are being dismissed based on evidentiary issues and (one of the victim’s) specific request that the cases not go forward.”

Lua’s first arrest was Jan. 17, 2019, after a school resource officer received a tip that Lua was having inappropriate communications with minors. Lua later admitted to using a fictitious Instagram account to solicit juveniles for sex.

MORE READING!  Lagos court jails fraudster via virtual proceedings

He was arrested for a second time on Jan. 30, 2019, after a juvenile student told authorities that he had sex with her at his home. His third arrest was Feb. 6, 2019, after an adult former student of Lua’s accused him of sexually assaulting her.

At Wednesday’s sentencing hearing, Lua told the court he suffered from a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis that has caused numerous painful, tumorous growths on his skin since the age of 14. Lua said he was suffering from frequent panic attacks around the time of his crimes because of fears and concerns about the disease.

MORE READING!  11 days after marriage, 18-year-old wife kills husband over sex in Bauchi

“If I’m with my family or when I might sit down and read a book, I think about the tumors, and I think ‘Oh my God, this might be my last day on earth,” he said.

However, Ambrose dismissed that idea in court.

“This condition did not seem to debilitate him while he was trolling the halls, looking for students to have sex with,” the prosecutor said.

Continue Reading

Crime

Man snatches car at gunpoint in Ebonyi, gets nabbed in Adamawa

Published

on

The Police has apprehended a car thief who stole a car at Ebonyi and took it to Adamawa to sell.

A member of a car snatching syndicate who stole a car at gunpoint in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State and took it to Adamawa State to sell has been arrested by men of the Adamawa State Police Command, the command disclosed on Sunday.

The 38-year-old man, Muhammed Sani, according to a statement by the police command’s Public Relations Officer, Sulaimon Nguroje, snatched a Toyota Corolla from the owner, Mr M.S. Adams, in Ebonyi State while pointing a gun at him and after snatching the car, he headed to Adamawa State to sell the car.

MORE READING!  Man robs farmer of 50 gallons of palm oil, others, sets victim's house ablaze

According to the statement,

“the feat was recorded following intelligence report by the command’s intelligence bureau leading to the arrest of the suspect at about 6:30pm on May 21, 2020 and the recovery of a Toyota Corolla 2004 model and 44 sets of new T-shirts, shoes and set of trousers.

“On the 21/5/2020 at about 6:30pm following intelligence report, police operatives attached to the command’s Intelligent Bureau arrested one Muhammed Sani, 38 years and recovered one snatched Toyota Corolla, 2004 Model with 44 sets of new T-shirts, shoes and set of trousers.

“Suspect was caught after robbing one Mr. Adams M S of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State and headed for Adamawa to dispose it.

“Immediately the report got to police, investigation commenced and that led to the arrest of the man and recovery of the Toyota Corolla and other valuables.

“Consequently, the Commissioner of Police Olugbenga Adeyanju, while warning members of the public to desist from buying cars and other valuables from roadside vendors, equally assured that the command under his watch will continue to make Adamawa State unbearable to the criminal elements until they repent or relocate from the state.”

Continue Reading




Trending