Connect with us

Entertainment

Alibaba gives warning ahead of his New Year concert, says all comedians are to wear a tuxedo

Published

Ali Baba

Ace comedian, Alibaba, says comedians who will be performing at his New Year concert must dress in a tuxedo.

In a post on Instagram on Monday, the 54-year-old also advised non-performing comedians to wear a tuxedo, adding that it would be the dress code for the concert.

“All comedians who will be attending are advised to wear a tuxedo. That is the dress code for #January1stconcert2020. It’s our day and we are going to look our best. And if you are performing, it’s non-negotiable. Better contact your tailor,” he said.

Alibaba’s January 1st Concert, which will be held at Eko Hotel and Suites Expo Hall in Lagos, will feature ace comedians, AY Makun, Okey Bakassi, Tee A, Seyi Law among others.

MORE READING!  Davido reacts to Abdulkareem's praise, calls him a pu&&y and a copycat

Billed to perform at the concert are musicians such as Shina Peters, D’banj, Zlatan Ibile, Burna Boy among others.

See his ‘warning’ post on Instagram below:

Entertainment

Warner Music strikes a chord as shares pop on Nasdaq debut

Published

on

Warner Music Group Corp’s WMG.O stock popped 8% on its Nasdaq debut on Wednesday, after the world’s third-largest recording label sold shares in its $1.9-billion initial public offering towards the higher end of its target.

The deal, the biggest U.S. listing so far in 2020, marks a further sign of recovery for the U.S. IPO market, which was hampered in March by plunging stock prices caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We concluded that there was sufficient market momentum. Without ever trying to time the market this looked like a good time to go,” Warner Chief Executive Stephen Cooper said in an interview.

The company increased the offering to 77 million class A shares at $25 per share, valuing it at $12.75 billion. It had initially proposed to sell 70 million shares at a target range of $23-$26 per share.

MORE READING!  Majek Fashek was an epitome of love - Adewale Ayuba

The stock opened at $27 and extended gains in early trading to $28.75.

Unusually for an IPO, the entire offering was made up of existing investors selling stock. Billionaire Len Blavatnik’s Access Industries owns the vast majority of Warner, having bought the company in 2011 for $3.3 billion.

The IPO equips Warner, which has been acquisitive in recent years, with public stock to potentially make further acquisitions, Cooper said.

READ ALSO: Banana Island: Davido shows off beautiful interiors of his mansion (video)

Warner, home to artists including Cardi B, Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars, postponed the IPO pricing by a day to mark #BlackOutTuesday, a social media event to show support for racial justice.

MORE READING!  Alleged rape: Lady who accused D'banj reveals herself, shares Whatsapp screenshots as proof

Warner has seen a 12% jump in its recorded music streaming revenue for April, fueled by new releases including Grammy-winning artist Dua Lipa’s latest album, “Future Nostalgia.”

The music industry is seen as more resilient to weakness in the broader economy, though Warner has cautioned the outbreak has hurt physical revenue streams and delayed the release of new recordings, movies and television programs.

With in-person meetings impossible due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Warner is the latest company to complete its IPO through a virtual roadshow, the process by which management meets with potential investors in an IPO to rustle up interest.

MORE READING!  Take your post down you clout chaser, Talent manager accuses D'banj of being a rapist

Virtual roadshows and the lack of time spent travelling to different cities mean companies have been able to complete their IPOs in as little as four days and with no weekend bridging the time at which it outlines a targeted price and the final price. This shorter roadshow has served as a hedge against volatile financial markets.

Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs are among the underwriters for the IPO.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reuters

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Alleged rape: Lady who accused D’banj reveals herself, shares Whatsapp screenshots as proof

Published

on

Recall that earlier today Dbanj was accused by a talent manager for defiling his friend in a hotel.

The Nigerian lady, Seyi, who accused Dbanj of rape via her friend’s Instagram account, has now revealed herself and shared the story on Twitter.

Seyi also shared a Whatsapp conversation from 2019 talking about the incident with a friend.

According to her, she so livid and mad seeing a rapist being an advocate for rape.

READ ALSO: Comedian Oluwadolarz responds to rape allegations

Read her story and see the Whatsapp conversation below…

“I was invited for an all-white party at Eko Atlantic(splash off)which was an all night party on the 30th of December 2018, by franklin Dbanj ex-manager at that time and I went with my friend then named Laide.

When I got to the party I met a girl at the party named Oyin,who was with a guy who happens to be Dbanj’s friend. she asked who I came with I told her the person I came with already left.

When I was leaving oyin and I exchanged number and she asked where I was lodged I told her Glee hotel in VI, and she said it was the same hotel she was lodged and I asked her if she could drop me off she said that wasn’t a problem.

On getting to the hotel, Oyin called me when I got to my room. and told me dbanj saw me at the party and he wanted to be with me for the night and I was offered a sum of money but i bluntly refused because I wasn’t interested.

So I slept off within 5/6am and pls note (I’m a naked sleeper) and woke up and found Dbanj in my room already, and I asked him what he was doing in my room he didn’t say a word and *asked if I was a baby* and started fingering me,

I went ahead to threaten him that I was going to shout he said if i shout I’ll leave the hotel naked, Dbanj raped me.

when he left and I got to see he came in with an extra key (card) and I later found out that Dbanj lodged all his staffs in the hotel..Then I called my supposed friend Oyin who I saw at the party if she planned with Dbanj she said No.

She came downstairs to meet me where I was crying. She asked us to go upstairs to meet her guy who was Dbanj’s friend. when I got there the guy was disappointed and begged me to keep quiet and promised me Dbanj will call me and apologize.

And he gave my friend 100dollars to give me to take medication.

I’m so livid and mad seeing a rapist being an advocate for rape. This is my story and I know there are lots of girls who can’t come out to say their story. Don’t be ashamed to say your story it took me 2 years to write my Rape story #wearetired.”

 

MORE READING!  If #all lives matter why are colored people killed for just being black, American singer, Billie Eilish slams movement

See screenshots of the Whatsapp messages;

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Losing my baby was really traumatic, OAP Toolz reveals

Published

on

Losing my baby was really traumatic, OAP Toolz reveals

Popular OAP, Tolulope Oniru-Demuren better known as Toolz has opened up on how she felt when she lost her child.

The mother of one made the revelation on the latest episode of Life Lessons with Betty Irabor on Linda Ikeji TV.

She also spoke about the disbelief and agony she endured as well as her journey to recovery.

Toolz said the hospital here in Nigeria missed a few things and didn’t pick up on the problem in time, so she eventually had to travel to the UK.

Upon getting to the Uk and taking a scan it showed that her baby was too small and may not survive.

“I never once thought that the health of my child would be an issue,” Toolz said.

“I heard a voice saying ‘this isn’t going to work out but you’re going to be OK’.”

“That was horrible, the day that I did the scan and there was just like nothing. When we did the last scan, there was nothing, like, no movement, nothing.”

“Oh my gosh, it was horrible, it was absolutely horrible,” she added.

READ ALSO: Lady whose name was mentioned as a witness by Peruzzi’s rape accuser comes to his defence

She said she was told that she’ll be given some medications and will come back after three days to push the baby out. The medications were given to her on Thursday and she was told to come back on Sunday. However, she went into labour on Saturday.

MORE READING!  'I'm so worried', Funke Akindele reacts to recent rape, killings, of young girls

She recalled preparing breakfast on that fateful Saturday when she felt pain and went to the bathroom.

She said: “From there, the pain went from two to twelve. And I remember screaming… I was in so much pain and that’s when I realized that gosh, I’m in labour.

“I was in labour for about 6 or 7 hours…

“It was very very traumatic. I try not to think about it too much.

“I think one of the worst moments after that… of course, this was in the UK, they had to do like an autopsy, I had to arrange a funeral. It was horrible.

“That whole time, I was just like, ‘Yeah, God, I’m done’. I’m like ‘come and take me, I’m gone’.”

At the final scan, she said she had some sort of “spiritual awakening”.

 

MORE READING!  Davido reacts to Abdulkareem's praise, calls him a pu&&y and a copycat

Watch the interview below;

 

 

 

Continue Reading




Trending