Connect with us

Coronavirus

American Rapper, Scarface, recounts his terrifying ordeal with coronavirus after testing positive

Published

American Rapper, Scarface, recounts his terrifying ordeal with coronavirus after testing positive

American rapper, Brad Terrence Jordan, better known by his stage name Scarface, who recently tested positive for coronavirus has shared his nightmare with the virus that is currently killing and keeping people hospitalised all over the world.

In a Livestream with his bandmate Willie D on March 26, Scarface revealed that he had been sick for weeks, in-and-out of treatments but officially got his results on Wednesday night.

The Houston native disclosed that the respiratory issues associated with coronavirus was brutal for him because he also has asthma.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Majek Fashek is dead

He said he could barely breathe and that it “felt like there was an elephant sitting on his chest.”

Scarface said;

This whole three weeks has been an ordeal. It’s the craziest sh*t I’ve ever seen in my life. I’ve been to the point where I felt like I was gonna die.

I threw up so much until it was like hot sauce, your gases and acids in your stomach is hot, I had no food in my stomach, it was just coming up like bile,’ he recalled. ‘I couldn’t breathe.

READ ALSO: Coronavirus: We are short-staffed- Anambra NMA

It started off with pneumonia in both of my lungs, three or four days later my kidneys fail, three or four days after they tell me I can’t move, I’m quarantined. They tell me I can’t go and see my kids.

The rapper urged people to take the pandemic seriously, saying “I don’t see how nobody can even want to play them games, I don’t want to have fun that bad, where it could take my life.”

He further revealed that he is still in quarantine at his house, but believes he has finally recovered from the virus. With the end in sight after such an excruciating experience, he joked “I’m finna go fucking live now, man! Like skydiving and shit, I’m gonna go do that. We’ll go on a safari trip.”

Coronavirus

Covid-19: Libya reports 12 new cases, toll now 168

Published

on

Covid-19: Libya reports 12 new cases, toll now 168

The National Centre for Disease Control of Libya has reported 12 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the caseload in the country to 168, with 52 recoveries and five deaths.

In a statement late Monday, the centre said it received a total of 658 suspected cases, 646 of whom tested negative and 12 positives.

MORE READING!  See lovely photo of Buhari’s last born

All the new infections are in southern Libya, the centre said.

The southern city of Sabha recorded nearly half of the total number of COVID-19 cases in the North African country in less than a week after the announcement of the first case in the city.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Final year students may write exams in July; bars, clubs and gym remain closed

The UN-backed government in the capital Tripoli recently decided to ban the entry into and exit from Sabha and imposed a 24-hour curfew for seven days starting from May 28, in order to fight the pandemic.

MORE READING!  Oyo records 10 new COVID-19 cases, total now 292

The Libyan authorities have taken a series of protective measures against the virus, including closing the country’s borders, mosques and schools, banning public gatherings and imposing curfews.

 

 

 

 

NAN

Continue Reading

General

Reopening of churches: We await further details, says CAN

Published

on

Coronavirus: Catholic church in Lagos suspends sprinkling of water, handshakes at mass over virus

The Special Assistant on Media and Communication to the Christian Association of Nigeria [CAN] President, Adebayo Oladeji, said the association was awaiting further details on the reopening of churches.

This comes as the Federal Government relaxes restrictions on churches and mosques as coronavirus[COVID-19] pandemic rages.

Oladeji said the Church is ready for the reopening and willing to follow the NCDC guidelines.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Majek Fashek is dead

He said,

“We want to get the details before we will react fully. But in the interim, it is a welcome development. It is our prayer that God will surely deliver Nigeria from the pandemic in Jesus Name.

“If Christians and Muslims return to their worship places to pray for victory over COVID-19, God will surely answer us. The closure of the worship places is not acceptable to God. We thank God for opening the eyes of our government to the reality.

“The Church is ready for the reopening and willing to follow the NCDC guidelines and while waiting for them. We have already directed all churches to keep to the hygienic regulations whenever they meet and to pray for the victory over COVID-19. The new development is as a result of our meeting with the religious leaders.”

Continue Reading

Nigeria Update

COVID-19: Final year students may write exams in July; bars, clubs and gym remain closed

Published

on

The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 on Monday said final year students in its tertiary institutions may write their examination in July as the Federal Government begins the second phase of the gradual easing of restrictions placed on Nigerians over the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Chairman of the task force and Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr Boss Mustapha, who disclosed this at the PTF press briefing in Abuja, said the reopening of churches and mosques would be based on guidelines issued by the task force and protocols agreed on by states.

MORE READING!  Forbes reportedly declare Kylie Jenner 'non billionaire' see why

But the Coordinator of the PTF, Dr Sani Aliyu, noted that while markets would be opened and artisans could run their business, street hawking was prohibited.

Schools remain closed, final year students to prepare for exams

He added,

“All schools to remain closed until further evaluation. The Federal Ministry of Education is instructed to work with schools to start the process of preparing students that require exiting exams, to allow them to take exams early in the next phase of the lifting of the lockdown. But for the moment, schools are to remain closed.

“I have already mentioned places of worship. Restricted opening will apply subject to the guidelines issued by the PTF as well as the protocols agreed by respective state governments, working with religious leaders.

“Recreational parks and communal sports to remain closed until further evaluation.

He said for funerals, the task force was limiting the crowd to 20 people including family, with physical distancing adhered to, as well as hand washing.

MORE READING!  Oyo records 10 new COVID-19 cases, total now 292

 

Continue Reading




Trending