Connect with us

Sports

Arsenal yet to approach Man City for Mikel Arteta, Guardiola says

Published

Guardiola Arteta

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has said no approaches have been made by other clubs for Mikel Arteta and believes his assistant could succeed him as manager if he remains at Manchester City.

Arteta is one of the favourites being tipped to replace Unai Emery as Arsenal head coach and has also been linked with the vacant Everton job.

But ahead of Saturday’s derby game against rivals Manchester United, Guardiola made it clear no offers have been made for Arteta, and that he has not spoken to him about leaving the club.

MORE READING!  Ndidi, Iheanacho market values rise amidst transfer rumours

He added:

“He travelled to Burnley (on Tuesday) and tomorrow he will be close to me again against United. He will be here until the end of the season, I think so.”

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Guardiola elaborated on his “magnificent” relationship with Arteta, which has developed since the pair arrived at City in the summer of 2016.

“I’m not a guy that puts a gun to the heads of my staff or players and says what they have to do,” explained Guardiola. “We are human beings and everyone has dreams and desires.

“Hopefully he can stay this season and the next one – as long as possible in this club. That would be my dream, but Mikel has his own life and I will never say what he has to do.

“I arrived here and we were in touch about working together and the time we have spent together has been magnificent.

“I tried to help him and he has helped me a lot. He knows what I want and what the club wants.

Guardiola also suggested that Arteta should resist any offers that may arrive from other clubs as he would be in line to step up and replace him as City boss, whenever he decides to call time on his spell in Manchester.

MORE READING!  Lampard gets Kante, Willian boost for FA Cup final

READ ALSO: Nigerians attack Rotimi Amaechi in Spain

Asked if Arteta could replace him when he leaves, Guardiola replied:

“Yes definitely. He is able to do that.

“But it depends on him, the club – many things that I cannot decide.”

Sports

Man United unwilling to pay £108m for Sancho

Published

on

 

Manchester United are refusing to pay anywhere near Borussia Dortmund’s £108m asking price for Jadon Sancho after the latest round of talks between the clubs.

Negotiations are ongoing for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s top transfer target, but it’s understood the two sides are miles apart in their valuations of the England international.

MORE READING!  Arsenal to play Liverpool in Community Shield after winning FA Cup

Sancho’s wages are also a sticking point, with United determined not to upset their wage structure for a player so young.

Suggestions that personal terms worth £250,000-a-week had already agreed are believed to be premature.

Continue Reading

Sports

Everton to sign 36-year-old former Chelsea defender, Ivanovic

Published

on

 

Former Chelsea’s favorite Branislav Ivanovic looks to be on the verge of securing a move back to the Premier League.

The veteran Serbian defender has spent the last three years with Russian giants Zenit Saint Petersburg since leaving Stamford Bridge in 2017 but now seems likely to reunite with former Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti by sealing a free transfer to Everton.

MORE READING!  Santi Cazorla reacts as Arsenal defeats Chelsea to win FA Cup

“I will probably continue my career at Everton,” said the 36-year-old, who is also a target for Red Star Belgrade in his homeland.

“I received a good offer from them.

“I will see how things will turn out.”

Continue Reading

Sports

I was surprised Barca sold me – Carles Perez

Published

on

Carles Perez has spoken of his surprise at leaving Barcelona, claiming he “didn’t deserve” to be sold by the LaLiga giants.

The Spaniard joined AS Roma in January but believes he merited further first-team chances at Camp Nou having previously declined multiple offers to depart.

“For me, it was a surprise that they decided to dispense with me,” the 22-year-old told EFE. “I consider that I didn’t deserve that.

MORE READING!  Ize-Iyamu congratulates Osimhen on record deal with Napoli

“Ever since the ‘cadete’ team (around the age of 16), I had offers to leave Barca, some of them from England.

“And even when I was at Barca B, I had offers from LaLiga teams and I always said ‘no’ because I wanted to get to the first team.

“Later, I had opportunities and I think I took advantage of them as much as I could. In fact, I even earned a contract as a player in the first team.”

MORE READING!  Emmanuel Adebayor names 'best coach in history of football' but it's not Wenger
Continue Reading




Trending