Connect with us

Sports

Barcelona star Arda Turan sentenced to jail over nightclub fight

Published

Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan, who is currently on loan with Turkish club Basaksehir, has been sentenced to two years and eight months in jail for firing a gun to cause fear and panic, illegal possession of weapons and intentional injury.

However, the court deferred the implementation of the verdict, which means Turan will not go to prison unless he commits a crime in the next five years.

MORE READING!  Ukrainian match postponed after footballers test positive for coronavirus

Turan was involved in a fight with Turkish singer Berkay Sahin in an Istanbul nightclub late last year, leaving the singer with a broken nose. Turan later arrived at the hospital with a gun which he fired at the ground, causing panic.

Basaksehir said they had fined the 31-year-old 2.5 million Turkish lira ($432,548) over the incident.

MORE READING!  Russia to allow some spectators in stadiums when top flight matches resume

He joined Barcelona from Atletico Madrid for 34 million euros in 2015, winning four trophies, making 55 appearances and scoring 15 goals for the Catalan club.

Turan has played for Turkey 100 times and scored 17 goals for his country.

Sports

Ronaldo snubs C. Ronaldo names Messi as number one

Published

on

Brazil football legend, Delima Ronaldo in a recent statement has snubbed Portugal international, Cristiano Ronaldo as he lists the top five football players he loves watching.

Ronaldo named Argentine star Lionel Messi as his number one while adding that he loves to watch the likes of Mohamed Sallah, Kylian Mbappe, Eden Hazard and Neymar.

“Messi, of course, he is number one, it is a talent that we will take 20 or 30 years to see something similar.

“I also like Salah, Hazard, Neymar, that I love watching him play, of course Mbappe,” Ronaldo Delima explained according to AS.

The debate between Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo will continue to go on even after they retire from football.

MORE READING!  Football: La Liga season to resume on June 11

The two players have won many titles in their careers, however, the World Cup is the only trophy any of them is yet to win.

Continue Reading

Sports

Tyson may die in the ring against Fury- Dillian Whyte warns WBC president

Published

on

Tyson may die in the ring against Fury- Dillian Whyte warns WBC president

WBC President, Mauricio Sulaiman has warned British professional boxer, Dillian Whyte that former heavyweight champion, Mike Tyson, may die in the ring.

Sulaiman had publicly backed Tyson’s proposed comeback and even said he would support the 53-year-old making a run for British fighter, Tyson Fury’s heavyweight title belt.

Tyson has been posting training videos recently, with reports suggesting the American could return to the ring in a series of exhibition fights in Australia.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: I tested positive after the premier league suspension, Brendan Rogers, reveals

READ ALSO: Ighalo to remain in Man Utd till 2021

But according to Whyte, it is silly for Sulaiman to be encouraging Tyson to challenge the reigning heavyweight champion, Fury.

“It’s silly. If they cannot sanction a fight with me for three years, why the hell are they going to sanction a fight with a 53-year-old man and a 31-year-old man?

“It makes no sense. That is silly. Mauricio and I are cool, but it is a very silly thing to say.

“He should not be encouraging it.

“What if he comes back and dies in the ring? What is going to happen then?

“We have already got enough darkness and enough mud thrown on the sport as it is, we do not need anymore,” Whyte told talkSPORT.

Continue Reading

Sports

Ighalo to remain in Man Utd till 2021

Published

on

Odion Ighalo

Nigerian international, Odion Ighalo has secured a move to stay at Manchester United till next year.

Odion Ighalo has “agreed” a loan extension with Manchester United until end of January 2021 with the transfer awaiting FA approval.

The agreement with his parent club Shanghai Shenhua officially expired on Sunday night, and it appeared as though United had failed in a bid to keep the striker at the club.

MORE READING!  Tennis’ world number 11 undergoes surgery on both ankles

But according to The Telegraph, both sides have now come to an agreement for the 30-year-old to stay in Manchester until the new year.

The deal is said to be awaiting confirmation with FA for registration.

It is claimed Ighalo will then discuss a new contract with Shanghai Shenhua once he returns in 2021.

The news comes after his agent Atta Aneke confirmed talks were in place for the ex-Watford man to remain at Old Trafford.

MORE READING!  Ukrainian match postponed after footballers test positive for coronavirus

Aneke told Nettavisen:

“We are nearing an agreement with Manchester United on an extended loan.

“The agreement will mean that Ighalo will remain with them until January 2021.”

Ighalo swapped the Chinese Super League for the Premier League in a shock deadline day loan deal back in January.

And it is understood Ighalo took a 40 per cent pay-cut on his £300,000-a-week wages in China to make his dream switch happen.

MORE READING!  Russia to allow some spectators in stadiums when top flight matches resume

He scored four goals in eight games before the season was suspended amid the coronavirus pandemic – leaving his loan contract to the run-up.

The Nigerian made a personal plea to Shanghai Shenhua to let him finish the season at Old Trafford, before returning to China, and it appears his wishes have been met.

Sun UK.

Continue Reading




Trending