Connect with us

General

Bobrisky is a national disaster, an embarrassment to Nigeria – Runsewe

Published

Chief Olusegun Runsewe, Director-General, National Council for Arts and Culture (NCAC), on Saturday said that the Nigerian crossdresser, Idris Okuneye, popularly known as Bobrisky, posed a serious hazard to Nigerian youths.

Runsewe said in Lagos that if Bobrisky’s activities were not promptly curtailed, the resultant effect would be worse than Ebola outbreak.

He urged that Bobrisky’s activities should be curtailed to jealously guard the youths against imitating him.

MORE READING!  I'm in love with plenty women, I can't seem to choose one, Don Jazzy reveals

He urged Nigerian youths to stop imitating him, by remaining responsible and good ambassadors of the nation.

”Bobrisky is a national disaster, an embarrassment to the country, engaging in cultural corruption as a cross-dresser and we have to start to curtail his activities before it gets out of hand

”We will not allow Bobrisky to destroy the future of our youths and the unborn Nigerians,” he said.

Runsewe said that when the cross-dresser’s birthday was altered by the police recently, it was revealed that he had been training some Nigerian youths to tow the same line with him in the Lekki area of Lagos.

MORE READING!  Here's the best pen*s size to make a woman orgasm - Survey

He said immediately the cross dresser’s party was altered, a good number of the boys he was training left him so that was an achievement.

According to him, Bobrisky’s activities negates the culture and tradition of the nation and he could be excused to go to other climes where such culture of being a cross-gender would be tolerated.

MORE READING!  5G can drive our economic growth, social inclusion- FG

Runsewe urged parents to guide their wards not to emulate Bobrisky but take after responsible celebrities in the society. (NAN)
P

General

Power sector probe: Senate Committee to present report soon-Suswam

Published

on

Sen. Gabriel Suswam, Chairman, Senate Committee on Power has said the committee will soon present its findings on the probe of  N1.8 trillion Federal Government’s interventions in the sector.

The committee, which concluded its three- day investigative public hearing recently, is probing the government’s interventions in the sector since the privatisation of the sector from 2012 to date.

Suswam, Chairman Senate Committee on Power who spoke with the Newsmen in Abuja at the weekend said that the intention of the investigative public hearing was not to apportion blame but was “to sit on the table and identify what the issues are.

MORE READING!  RCCG Pastor, Bakare, caught trying to sleep with married woman in her husband's house [Video]

“Government is spending so much; there are no results commensurate with the expenditure.

“Why is that we cannot align the value chain in the power sector and make sure that from generation to transmission to distribution, there is a line which follows a particular line so that it can be assessed.

“Why are we unable to do that. So that is the essence and we have come up with very revealing facts because every person was factual.

“Because people know that we are not calling him to say look, you’ve embezzled money; no, we are calling you to come here and tell us why so much money has been expended and there is no result commensurate with that money.

” We called the DisCos, you said you will take over this and make it efficient. What is the problem?

“We call the GenCos you said you are generating 13, 000 megawatts why can’t we get 13,000 megawatts and transmission, why are you unable to wield 13, 000 megawatts.

“So we now have identified along the value chain what the issues are and we are putting it in our report and because every person now agrees that we are not aligned, there is no alignment.

“And so once we align, it will be easy,” Suswam said

Continue Reading

General

Banditry: Army donates rice, cooking oil to victims in Zamfara

Published

on

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai made the donation through the Army Chief of Transformation and Innovation, Maj.-Gen. Emmanuel Njoku.

Buratai said that the gesture was to complement the efforts of the federal and state governments.

“This will complement the palliatives being extended to the Nigerian populace by the federal and state governments during this COVID-19 pandemic as well as portray the army in a positive light,’’ he said.

MORE READING!  5G can drive our economic growth, social inclusion- FG

He also said the gesture was part of the army’s cooperate social responsibility and urged the residents to continue to give credible information to flush out criminals from their areas.

Responding, the Emir of Kaura Namoda, Alhaji Sanusi Asha, thanked the army for the gesture.

The Newsmen reports that the army is giving palliatives to the poor and vulnerable simultaneously in the 36 states and Federal Capital Territory as part of activities marking its 2020 Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL).

MORE READING!  Nigeria records new cases of coronavirus,total now
Continue Reading

General

Police arrests 35 primary, secondary school students at s3x party in Kenya

Published

on

No fewer than 35 primary pupils and secondary school students in Kenya have been arrested on Friday by the Police at what appeared to be a sex party after some of the teenagers were found drunk and naked.

While six others escaped, 20 girls and 15 boys aged between 13 and 17 were arrested in a drunken state.

According to local reports, used condoms were also found in the 2-bedroom apartment in the raid led by Arujo Location Chief Robert Lango, Homa Bay Township Assistant Chief Duncan Odhiambo and his Arujo Sub-location counterpart Jackton Olielo.

MORE READING!  5G can drive our economic growth, social inclusion- FG

Lango said a parent rented the house for her two daughters, but neighbours raised the alarm after hearing loud music. The owner of the apartment, Patrick Ayieko was also arrested.

He said;

“We found used condoms which we believe the children used to engage in sex. Six managed to escape when we arrived.

“Some of the minors were dressing up when we got to the house. They had turned the house into a brothel.

“I mobilised my team and went to the house. We locked the door and called police officers who came in a vehicle and arrested the children. The owner of the house, Patrick Ayieko was also arrested  for allowing children to conduct immoral activities within his compound.”

They were all taken to Homa Bay Police Station but were later released because of lack of space.

MORE READING!  Professor sacked for saying 'slavery was not genocide'

Homa Bay Sub County Police Commander Sammy Koskey who also confirmed the incident said that they have summoned the parents and guardians of the children to report to the police station on Monday, July 6.

Continue Reading




Trending