Connect with us

Bride-to-be swallows engagement ring while sleeping, says she was dreaming [Photos]

Facebook photo of Jenna Evans


Bride-to-be swallows engagement ring while sleeping, says she was dreaming [Photos]

A Californian woman, identified as Jenna Evans, swallowed her engagement ring in her sleep, thinking she was dreaming.

The bride to be narrated the bizarre incident on her Facebook page and said her fiance and her mom did not believe her thinking only kids swallow rings and not adults.

In her lengthy post, Evans showed x-ray results of the engagement ring in her stomach.

READ ALSO: Video: Majek Fashek is alive, let’s not wish him dead, says Manager

Facebook photo of Jenna Evans

She, however, said that after successful surgery, the doctors retrieved it and gave it to her husband to be, Bobby Howell.

READ ALSO: Fingering is biblical, says life coach Solomon Buchi

Read her story:

“So, in case you missed it, I swallowed my engagement ring in my sleep on Tuesday night. I actually remember doing it, but I thought I was dreaming, so I went back to sleep. On Wednesday morning, I realized my ring was not on my hand and had to wake Bob Howell up and tell him that I swallowed my engagement ring.

I don’t think he believed me right away. We laughed pretty hard for about an hour and a half, called my mom, laughed until we were crying, googled ‘do other adults swallow rings” because kids do it all the time, o wake Bob Howell

I went to urgent care where I struggled to explain why I was there, because I was laughing/crying so hard. The doctor ordered an Xray and seemed pretty shocked when she walked back in with a second doctor and showed me that sure enough, my ring was right there in my stomach!

They called a gastroenterologist and decided it would be best NOT to let nature take its course. (Thank God) Before I left, she recommended seeing a sleep specialist as well.

Bobby took me to the GI doctor where I got to tell a whole new group of doctors and nurses that yes, I swallowed my engagement ring. At this point, I could definitely feel it in my guts, it was starting to really hurt and make us nervous. They decided an upper endoscopy was just the thing and said don’t worry its not big deal, but please sign this release form just in case you die.

Then I cried a lot because I would be SO MAD if I died. I waited a long time for that damn engagement ring and I WILL marry Bobby Howell DAMNIT.

So they push the sleepy drugs, and right as I started to feel that wave of warm and fuzzy sleep I said to the doctors, Bobby would LOVE this.

Everything went great, they found my ring just beyond my stomach in my intestines, retrieved it and gave it to Bobby, not me. 🙄

Apparently I don’t do great with anaesthesia because I came out of it hysterically crying and was totally inconsolable. They got me out of there as quickly as possible and gave us a list of what I could eat (soup, crackers, light sandwich, yoghurt etc.)

So I demanded that Bobby take me to In n Out and Chickfila. He loves me, so he drove me through In n Out and got me a double-double, mustard fried with cheese fries and a chocolate shake but put his foot down and said no to Chickfila. I probably cried as I stuffed cheese fries in my mouth. I asked for my ring, he said no. Thank God I had that chocolate shake.”

Bobby finally gave my ring back this morning – I promised not to swallow it again, we’re still getting married and all is right in the world.

MORE READING!  Blind man regains sight, divorces wife for being ugly

…Ring is lovingly made by Simone Jewelry Designs in Houston, Tx. Jewels so lovely, you could eat them. But don’t – trust me on this,” she added.


Click to comment

More in Gossip

Most Read

Just In

To Top