Connect with us

Coronavirus

Coronavirus: Mbaka cancels Wednesday’s ‘E No Dey Again’ miracle service

Published

The Spiritual Director of The Adoration Ministry Enugu, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, has cancelled the weekly Wednesday ‘E No Dey Again’ miracle service in Enugu to stem the spread of the coronavirus.

Mbaka announced in a statement on Tuesday that the action was in compliance with the government’s social restriction order.

E No Dey Again Programme will not hold tomorrow, March 25,” the statement read.

“This is in adherence to the diocesan regulations and in joining the world to manage COVID-19, coronavirus pandemic.

“On that date, all worshippers are urged to stay safe and continue to pray for God’s intervention in the pandemic.”

The service is usually attended by worshippers from various parts of the country.

MORE READING!  Madagascar re-imposes lockdown amid surge in coronavirus cases

 

Advertisement
Click to comment

General

Covid-19: Edo death toll hits 50

Published

on

The death toll from COVID-19 in Edo State has climbed to 50, with 1,435 people testing positive for the disease.

The state, however, said 840 persons have been discharged from its isolation facilities.

Commissioner for Health Dr Patrick Okundia, who stated these to reporters in Benin City, noted that over 50 per cent of the deaths recorded in the state are within the age category of 60 years and above.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: We didn’t arrest Magu- DSS

He urged residents to be cautious in protecting themselves and their loved ones.

Expressing worry over the alarming rate of community spread of the virus, Okundia said there was a need for residents to take responsibility and support the government’s efforts at containing the pandemic across communities.

According to him,

“Physical distancing, compulsory use of face masks, hand hygiene and other epidemiological safety rules must be strictly followed to prevent further spread of COVID-19 and protect the people, especially the elderly, who are most vulnerable to COVID-19.”

The commissioner explained that the state recorded 52 new confirmed cases with 32 tested at the Irrua Specialist Hospital (ISTH) laboratory, while the remaining 20 cases were confirmed at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) laboratory.

MORE READING!  Africa records over 444,000 cases of COVID-19

Okundia, however, reiterated the need for citizens to present or report themselves through the state COVID-19 toll-free response lines, following any recent travel from high incidence states or contact with confirmed cases.

 

Continue Reading

News

Nigeria records 503 new COVID-19 cases, total now 29, 879

Published

on

Nigeria, on Tuesday, recorded 503 new cases of COVID-19 in 20 states, bring the total confirmed cases to 29,879, with 669 deaths.

Of the new cases reported by the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, Lagos which is the epicenter, leads with a total of 153 cases, followed by Ondo State with 76 confirmed cases.

MORE READING!  Dolapo Badmus advises Nigerians on how to identify scammers

Other states are Edo-54, FCT-41, Enugu-37, Rivers-30, Benue-24,Osun-20, Kaduna-15, Kwara-13, Abia-9, Borno-8, Plateau-6, Taraba-5, Ogun-3, Kano-3, Kebbi-2, Nasarawa-2,  Bayelsa-1 and Gombe-1.

So far Nigeria has discharged a total of 12,108 and had recorded 669 deaths as of July 7.

The NCDC report also revealed that 203 cases were discharged in the last 24 hours in 11 states— Edo, 87; FCT, 33; Lagos, 23; Rivers, 19;  Akwa Ibom, 17; Ebonyi, 12; Kano, 5; Gombe, 3; Ondo, 2; Bauchi, 1 and Ogun, 1.

MORE READING!  We’re ready for cultists planning 7/7 anniversary- Oyo CP

Also, 11 deaths were recorded in the last 24 hours in six states: Oyo -5, Rivers -2 Adamawa 1, Akwa Ibom 1, Bayelsa -1, and Gombe- 1.

503 new cases of COVID19Nigeria;

Lagos-153
Ondo-76
Edo-54
FCT-41
Enugu-37
Rivers-30
Benue-24
Osun-20
Kaduna-15
Kwara-13
Abia-9
Borno-8
Plateau-6
Taraba-5
Ogun-3
Kano-3
Kebbi-2
Nasarawa-2
Bayelsa-1
Gombe-1

MORE READING!  Africa records over 444,000 cases of COVID-19

29,879 confirmed
12,108 discharged
669 deaths

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

Two-year-old girl raped while in hospital’s coronavirus isolation ward

Published

on

girlfriend’s four-year-old twins

A two-year-old girl was allegedly raped while in a Coronavirus isolation ward at a hospital in South Africa.

The alleged incident happened at the Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital in Pretoria.

The toddler’s aunt, who chose to remain anonymous to protect the identity of the child, said that the girl was sexually abused while admitted at the hospital

She said the hospital told to the child’s mother that her daughter needed to be placed on an isolation ward after she developed symptoms of Covid-19. After the mother went home, she was contacted later that evening and told the child was crying and appeared to be in serious pain.

MORE READING!  AfDB: Nigeria, others risk $236.7b losses in GDP

The aunt said that after the child had been picked up from the hospital, she appeared to be struggling to walk.

After the mother closely inspected her child she discovered that there had been ‘penetration’, according to the aunt.

Narrating the ordeal, the aunt told News24:

“The mother and child were referred to the George Mukhari Hospital by the KT Motubatse clinic in Soshanguve on June 15,” told News24.

“The nurses at the clinic said since the child was struggling to breathe, she should be taken to George Mukhari Hospital to be tested for coronavirus.

“The hospital called in the evening and told the mother that the child was crying and in pain. They later called around 11pm and said the child was now sleeping. The hospital staff called again in the morning and told my sister to come and pick up her child because she had been discharged. The hospital said the child had tested negative for Covid-19.

“I saw that there was something wrong with the child. As the mother was changing the nappy, she discovered some white fluid on her private parts.

“She initially thought it was medication as the child had been in hospital. But the following day, that same whitish fluid was still coming out,” the aunt told local media.

The girl was taken back to the hospital where a nurse reportedly confirmed that there was an indication that the child had been raped at the isolation ward.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: FG set to convert eligible hospitals to sample collection sites

Provincial police spokesperson Brigadier Mathapelo Peters told News24 that a rape case has been opened, with the hospital also conducting its own investigation into the incident.

Continue Reading




Trending