Connect with us

Coronavirus

COVID-19: Badagry LG creates isolation centre

Published

The Chairman, Badagry Local Government in Lagos State, Mr Olusegun Onilude, says the council has created an Emergency Isolation Centre located at St. Thomas Primary School, Badagry, for Coronavirus cases.

Mr Sewedo Samuel, Media Aide to the Chairman, said in a statement on Tuesday that the centre would be headed by the Chief Medical Director of the council who would be addressed as Technical Director.

Onilude said that the people of Badagry were expected to report themselves to the centre if they had the symptoms or had had physical contact with anyone confirmed positive of COVID-19.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: 270 Dangote company Indian employees depart Nigeria [Photos]

He urged the people not to be afraid of the condition of the centre as efforts were currently ongoing to make it home away from home.

The chairman said the council would adopt the use of a town criers in disseminating information to people without internet access.

“First on the priority is the adoption of ancient long means of communication; use of a Town Crier which will take effect from today March, 24.

“The Town Crier is saddled with the responsibility of informing the general public, most especially those without internet access, with preventive measures, social distancing, isolation for those who have symptoms and doling out emergency numbers to reach.

“The Town Crier has been mobilised to work with immediate effect,” he said.

Onilude said that he had set up a Taskforce to enforce the Executive Order of Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on limiting social gathering to a maximum of 20 people and to keep a reasonable distance of one metre.

MORE READING!  Plateau's COVID-19 index case battling stiigma after her identity was leaked

He said the taskforce would be headed by the Vice Chairman of the council, Mr Andrew Akotomeh.

According to the chairman, he will be in charge until the pandemic has been declared under containment by the World Health Organisation (WHO)and the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

Also, Mr Kamorudeen Ajape, Secretary to the council, encouraged the people to wash their hands regularly with soap, drink water at intervals, keep their social distance and eat as healthy as they can.

MORE READING!  Nigerian woman put up for sale in Lebanon refuses to return home

(NAN)

General

Covid-19: Bayelsa records third death

Published

on

Covid-19: Bayelsa records third death

The Bayelsa Task Force on COVID-19 has recorded the third death as the Covid-19 pandemic continues to ravage the world.

Chairman of the task force, Dr Inodu Apoku, announced this in a statement on Friday in Yenagoa.

Apoku said that the third death was from the nine new cases recorded by the state.

The National Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC) had on Thursday announced that nine new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in the state.

MORE READING!  70 health workers test positive for coronavirus in Ghana

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Osun relaxes curfew, asks workers to resume

Apoku, also Permanent Secretary, State Ministry of Health said that the nine newly confirmed cases “bring the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 30.

“Four of out of these nine cases are contacts of previously confirmed cases while five are not epidemiologically linked to any of the previously confirmed cases.

“Three of the cases are health care professionals.

“One of these fresh unlinked cases was brought in critically ill and died a few minutes after admission.

“Following the history of the sickness, as was revealed by relatives, samples were collected for COVID-19 testing.

“She died as COVID-19 suspected cases.

“The test result returned positive, and as such, we have another COVID -19 related death making a total of three in the state.

“All remaining eight new cases have since been evacuated for further treatment at our isolation facilities,’’ Apoku said.

According to him, all their contacts are being listed and adequately followed up, including necessary environmental decontamination.

“Samples have and are still being collected from their high-risk contacts while they have all been counselled on self-quarantine.’’

Continue Reading

Nigeria Update

Governor Bello lifts lockdown, insists Kogi is COVID-19 free

Published

on

COVID-19: Bello orders two weeks total lockdown in Kabba/Bunu LGA

The lockdown imposed on Kabba-Bunu Local Government Area of the state over suspected cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19), has been lifted by the Kogi state government.

Governor Yahaya Bello who made the announcement at the Government House in Lokoja on Friday, June 5, said the decision of lifting the lockdown in the local government area was reached after samples which were tested came back negative.

MORE READING!  On the run COVID-19 patients worry FG

The Governor who insisted that Kogi state still remains a COVID-19-free state urged residents of the state to observe protocols of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to curb the spread of the disease.

This is coming days after the NCDC announced that two Coronavirus cases were confirmed in the state. Dino Melaye also confirmed this by revealing that he knows one of the patients.

MORE READING!  Nigerian woman put up for sale in Lebanon refuses to return home
Continue Reading

General

Three doctors test positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa

Published

on

The Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) said that three doctors have tested positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa State.

Dr Bulus Umaru, NMA Chairman, announced this on Friday in Lafia.

He said,

“three gynaecologists and two auxiliary staff have contracted the coronavirus in the course of their work of dealing with patients.

“The doctors are now on admission at an isolation centre at the Federal Medical Centre and are responding to treatment.”

He urged the NMA members and other health workers to observe personal and environmental hygiene and guard against contracting the disease.

MORE READING!  Man to die for killing his 62-year-old father with iron rod in Lagos

Umaru advised health workers in the state to be properly kitted with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) whenever on duty attending to patients.

“You may not know which patients have the virus, hence the need for proper protection to avoid being infected,” he said.

He also appealed to the Nasarawa State Government to pay hazard allowances to health workers battling the Coronavirus pandemic to ensure industrial harmony at this critical time.

MORE READING!  Man arrested for serially raping his two daughters for six years

Umaru urged the state government to also introduce insurance schemes for health workers.

Continue Reading




Trending