Connect with us

health

COVID-19: Bauchi records two new deaths, discharges 37

Published

The Bauchi State Ministry of Health has announced the deaths of two people due to coronavirus [COVID-19]-related complications.

The ministry also said 37 people were discharged after treatment for the disease.

WuzupNigeria reports that the development was revealed in a statement on Tuesday night.

This brings the total number of deaths in Bauchi State to seven since March 24th when the first index case was recorded in the state.

MORE READING!  COVID 19: FG releases 7,813 inmates to curb virus spread in correctional centres

Meanwhile, 37 more patients who have recovered after testing negative twice for the coronavirus have been discharged.

So far, the total number of discharged patients in the state has risen to 201.

The total number of confirmed cases in the state so far stands at 232.

The statement reads:

“37 discharges have been made with zero cases for two consecutive days in the state but unfortunately we recorded 2 deaths.

“At the moment, only 24 patients are on the hospital’s admission as of today 26th May 2020. The only patient is in severe condition has recovered and is getting better, where the entire case fatality rate stood at 3.0%.”

health

WHO to begin study on origin of COVID-19

Published

on

The World Health Organisation (WHO) says its experts will travel to China to work together with their Chinese counterparts to prepare scientific plans for identifying the zoonotic source of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

WHO, in a statement posted on its website, said the experts would develop the scope and Term of Reference (TOR) for a WHO-led international mission.

“Identifying the origin of emerging viral disease has proven complex in past epidemics in different countries.

“A well-planned series of scientific researches will advance the understanding of animal reservoirs and the route of transmission to humans.

“The process is an evolving endeavor which may lead to further international scientific research and collaboration globally,’’ it said. 

MORE READING!  Man buys N1.5m gold face-mask to save self from contracting coronavirus (Photos)
Continue Reading

health

NAFDAC offers 80 per cent discount to Jigawa entrepreneurs

Published

on

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) in Jigawa state has announced an 80 percent discount for registration of new Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the state.

The agency’s Coordinator in the state, Mr. AbdusSalam Lawan, stated this in an interview with the Newsmen in Dutse on Wednesday.

Lawan said the gesture was part of the palliatives for the MSMEs in line with the Ease of Doing Business, as well as a proactive response to the challenge of COVID-19 pandemic.

MORE READING!  EFCC chairman, Ibrahim Magu detained

He explained that the six-month discount period, with effect from May 15, would end on November 15.

“The discount is a palliative to the MSMEs as part of the Federal Government’s measure to cushion the negative effect of the pandemic on the existing MSMEs and new ones as well as facilitate the growth of the sector.

MORE READING!  Nigeria records 503 new COVID-19 cases, total now 29, 879

The coordinator further called on non registered MSMEs in the state to take advantage of the discount to register their products with ease.

According to him, the discount will not be extended beyond the stipulated six-month period, hence the need for all new MSMEs to register.

“I want to use this medium to call on all small scale business owners to utilize this golden opportunity to get their products registered at a cheaper rate.

MORE READING!  Former LASIMRA boss, Odekunle dies of Covid-19

“This is because there is no likelihood that this palliative will be extended beyond the November 15,” he said.

Continue Reading

health

12 suspected drug traffickers nabbed in three months in Niger – NDLEA

Published

on

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Niger Command, says it has arrested 12 suspected drug traffickers, with substances suspected to be cannabis Sativa and pentazocine injections in the last three months.

The acting Commander of the agency in the state, Mr. Isaac Aloye, disclosed this to the Newsmen in Minna on Wednesday.

MORE READING!  Broadway actor, Nick Cordero passes away after battle with Coronavirus

He said that the arrests were made in the different parts of the state.

Aloye listed the drugs allegedly found with the suspects to include cannabis Sativa, weighing 1,381.5kg, codeine (crack) 29 pinches (0.014kg), 401 bottles of cough syrup with codeine, 10,200 ampoules of pentazocine injections and a wrap of methamphetamine, which weighed 0.001kg.

MORE READING!  Man stranded in philippines airport for 110 days due to coronavirus lockdown

“The quantity and quality of the various drugs seized during the period in Niger state are of great concern.

“The agency is worried that drug traffickers now waybill the drugs to physically distance themselves from the drugs upon interception.

“It takes a great deal to trace and arrest the recipients and senders of the drugs,” the commander said.

MORE READING!  Former LASIMRA boss, Odekunle dies of Covid-19

He said that the agency would not relent in frustrating the activities of drug peddlers in the state and the nation at large.

Aloye added that the agency also arrested a suspected bandit with a locally-made pistol and three live cartridges, stressing that he had been handed over to the police.

Continue Reading




Trending