Connect with us

General

Covid-19: Bayelsa records second death

Published

Covid-19: Bayelsa records second death

Bayelsa COVID-19 Task Force Committee, announced the second death related to the global pandemic, on Tuesday in the state.

This was contained in a statement issued to newsmen by the Director, Public Health, Dr Stow Jones.

Newsmen report that the deceased was a middle-aged Bayelsa resident, who was presented at one of the public hospitals a week ago.

MORE READING!  Russia tests Covid-19 vaccine on humans successfully

Jones said the deceased was critically ill with signs suggestive of kidney disease.

“He was thus been managed as such and had some sessions of dialysis.

“Further clinical investigations revealed he also had signs suggestive of a possible COVID- 19 infection.

“Samples were thus collected from him, which returned positive for COVID-19.

READ ALSO: Covid-19: Africa’s cases hit 150,000- WHO

“His test result was among the nine positive results announced by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), for Bayelsa on May 31.

“He was still due for a final session of dialysis on Monday, June 1.

He, however, passed away on the night of May 31,” Jones said.

The Director of Public Health added that the victim had been buried by the COVID-19 Safe Burial Team, as witnessed by his relatives and friends.

MORE READING!  Evangelist Bamiloye blasts Nigerian youths attacking Pastor Adeboye over birthday message to wife

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NAN

General

Russian hackers try to steal US vaccine research 

Published

on

Hackers linked to the Russian intelligence agencies are targeting British scientists seeking to develop a coronavirus vaccine, the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has warned.

In a joint statement with the US National Security Agency and the Canadian Communication Security Establishment, the NCSC said the attacks were part of a global campaign by the group known as APT29 to steal the secrets of vaccine research.

MORE READING!  AAUA to commence online training for students, staff

NCSC director of operations Paul Chichester said:

“We condemn these despicable attacks against those doing vital work to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

“Working with our allies, the NCSC is committed to protecting our most critical assets and our top priority at this time is to protect the health sector.

“We would urge organisations to familiarise themselves with the advice we have published to help defend their networks.”

See details soon…

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Ebonyi to reopen schools in August

 

Continue Reading

General

SPIRIT-FILLED! Bride’s wedding entrance in RCCG makes guests worship (Photos/Video)

Published

on

A video making rounds online, shows the bride’s entrance, Chidera Daniella who got married to her best friend, Gian-Angelo Obi-Umahi, over the weekend at the RCCG, Kings’ court, in Victoria Island, Lagos.

The lovely lady who shared videos and photographs on her social media page narrated how divine the event was as she could feel the presence of God at her wedding.

MORE READING!  Covid-19 is a scam in Nigeria, Mr Ibu alleges

She wrote on her page,

“An entrance I can never forget.

The spirit of the Lord descended on me and His Glory the room!
It definitely was beyond what I could have expected. All I can say is thank you Abba

At this point, I felt chains breaking and I was elevated to new heights. Literally started walking and the fire of God hit my belly.

I can’t wait for the whole video but the presence of God was so heavy the wedding did not feel empty. Guys, we literally heard the heavens roaring and angels in the room were worshiping and witnesses at the wedding”.

See photos below;

MORE READING!  AAUA to commence online training for students, staff

 

 

Watch the video below;

 

 

Continue Reading

General

Afghanistan condemns rocket firing by Pakistani army on its soil

Published

on

Afghanistan on Thursday strongly condemned an alleged rocket firing by the Pakistani army on its soil resulting in civilian casualties and damage to their houses.

In a statement released, the Foreign Ministry said the rockets were fired on eastern Kunar province, along a disputed border that Pakistan is fencing since mid-2017.

A police spokesman in the province said at least six civilians were killed and seven others, including women and children, were wounded in the rocket firings on Wednesday.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Kwara deputy governor’s aides test positive

Two houses were also damaged.

“Afghan forces stationed there responded to the attacks,’’ the official added.

Kabul called on Islamabad to refrain from “unacceptable” artillery attacks and arbitrary installations, as it can cause further escalations between the two countries.

According to the Foreign Ministry, Islamabad has agreed to a ceasefire following diplomatic efforts, and a joint meeting will be held between security officials in the area.

MORE READING!  Karol G confirms she has Coronavirus

The 2,430-kilometer-long Afghan-Pakistan border was created in 1893 between the then British India and the Emirate of Afghanistan.

Battles between neighboring states along the de facto border known as the Durand Line rarely occur, but relations are considered tense.

Afghanistan and Pakistan are in dispute over whether the border is officially recognized.

MORE READING!  Osun records 18 new Covid-19 cases, discharges 13 patients

The report says Kabul accuses Islamabad of supporting the Taliban militants fighting against the U.S.-backed Afghan government, a claim Pakistan denies.

Continue Reading




Trending