Connect with us

Coronavirus

COVID-19: Queen Elizabeth flees Buckingham Palace as her footman tests positive

Published

COVID-19: Queen Elizabeth flees Buckingham Palace as her footman tests positive

British monarch, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, has fled the Buckingham palace to a safer ground since her royal house is brewing with the deadly coronavirus.

After her son, Prince Charles tested positive for the virus, her royal footman, a man who is reportedly in regular contact with the Queen, has also tested positive for the virus and that put’s the 93-year-old queen at risk.

According to TMZ, the Queen and Prince Phillip have moved from Buckingham Palace to Windsor Castle, where it is safer for the Queen and Prince Phillip, who has had some serious health issues recently.
A source from the palace has revealed that the queen is in good health, safe and sound.
The footman, however, is in self-isolation, treating himself.
MORE READING!  FG, Zamfara to engage 70,000 youths in mining

Coronavirus

Monkeys attack lab assistant, escape with COVID-19 samples

Published

on

A gang of monkeys attacked a laboratory assistant and escaped with a batch of coronavirus test samples, it has been reported.

The bizarre incident saw the troop of primates launch their assault near Meerut Medical College in Delhi, India.

According to local media, the animals then snatched COVID-19 test samples from three patients and fled.

MORE READING!  Japan approves ¥31.9trn supplement budget amid virus crisis

One of the monkeys was later spotted in a tree chewing one of the sample collection kits, the Times of India reported – adding that test samples from the patients had to be taken again.

It is the latest example of the highly intelligent, red-faced rhesus macaques taking advantage of India’s nationwide lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: Lagos discharges 87 patients

While they have proved an increasing problem in urban areas of the country in recent years, lockdown measures in the last two months have emboldened the monkeys.

Reports have shown them congregating in parts of Delhi normally crowded with humans.

The Nation

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

Covid-19: Uganda records 36 new cases toll now 317

Published

on

Covid-19: Uganda records 36 new cases toll now 317

Uganda has recorded 36 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of infections to 317, the country’s Health Ministry said late Thursday.

Out of the 2,230 samples collected from cross-border cargo truck drivers and communities, 24 Ugandan truck drivers and 12 close contacts of previously confirmed cases under quarantine tested positive for the virus, the ministry said in a statement.

MORE READING!  England: British government eases Covid-19 measures

READ ALSO: JUST IN: Nigeria records182 new COVID-19 cases, total now 8,915

Twenty-six foreign truck drivers, who tested positive at the country’s common border entry points, were handed over to their country of origin, it said.

Out of the 317 COVID-19 cases, 69 have recovered and no one has died of the respiratory disease in the country, according to the health ministry.

MORE READING!  NAPTIP probes 40 rape cases

 

 

 

 

 

NAN

Continue Reading

health

FG to use hotels, schools as quarantine, isolation centres

Published

on

Covid-19: Prepare for the worst- FG tells Nigerians

The Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, said the Federal Government would require hotels and school dormitories as quarantine and isolation centres because of a shortage of hospital beds.

The minister noted that there were four levels of COVID-19 patients ranging from those on quarantine with zero or mild symptoms to those that would need to be in the intensive care unit.

The minister said,

“We have sadly recorded 254 deaths, most of them are persons associated with other ailments, confirming the general observation that risks are higher for those with illnesses such as hypertension, diabetes and non-communicable diseases.

“We need to continue increasing bed capacity to match the probable number of patients, so that we do not experience horrific scenes of bed space shortages seen in some European hospitals.

“In event of overflow, we can require hotels and school dormitories to be prepared for level 1 which is quarantine, and level 2, is isolation of COVID-19 positive with zero or mild symptoms, to free hospital beds to be dedicated to level 3 which are moderate to severe cases and level 4 which is for the high dependency and the intensive care unit.

“I, therefore, call on activists and philanthropists to work with state governments to scale up non-pharmaceutical measures and beef up infrastructural assets for isolation and treatment in their states.”

Ehanire said Nigeria would review its participation in the World Health Organisation solidarity trial. He also stated that proposals for trial of local remedies for COVID-19 had been sent to the relevant research and testing agencies for scientific evaluation.

MORE READING!  Zoho offers guidance on right software for non technology companies

He stated,

“The Madagascar herbs have been received at the Ministry of Health, and were found to consist of two varieties; one labelled to be for prevention and the other for treatment. Samples have been given to three agencies of the Ministry of Health and also to the Ministry of Science and Technology.

“These are normal processes for new preparations to be approved for use in Nigeria, and include toxicological and efficacy tests and clinical trials. Government will investigate all genuine efforts to find homegrown solutions to the pandemic.”

The minister said Madagascar’s drugs had been sent to NAFDAC, National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development, and the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research.

MORE READING!  It is bizarre that people don’t believe that Covid-19 is real - Nigerian survivor
Continue Reading




Trending