Connect with us

General

Deceased COVID-19 patient: Ekiti to partner Kwara on contact tracing

Published

The Ekiti Government says efforts are being made to partner its Kwara counterpart to exchange ideas on the medical history of a patient who died of underlining complications from COVID-19.

The 75-old -year woman had died in one of the tertiary health institutions in Ekiti after being hospitalized upon referral from a public hospital in Kwara

Ekiti Commissioner for Health and Human Services, Dr. Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, made this known in Ado Ekiti on Friday when the COVID- 19 Taskforce was giving an update on the pandemic.

She disclosed that the deceased had been hospitalized at the General Hospital in Omu Aran, Kwara, where she was initially treated for cardiac-related issues before her referral.

MORE READING!  FG re-arraigns ex-AGF, Adoke, associate over N4bn corruption charges

The commissioner stated that though there was no COVID-19 lockdown in Kwara then, the issue of contact tracing was now crucial given the present circumstance.

” After they suspected COVID- 19, the deceased was referred to Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido Ekiti, on May 14.

” She was treated for two days in isolation before the state was informed and the specimen collected.

” The result came on May 20 and unfortunately the woman died.

” We have been able to establish that the deceased came from Ayedun in Kwara and she was not infected here in Ekiti.

“As of now, Ekiti has no problem, the only problem we have is the people coming or sneaking into Ekiti illegally and only two Coronavirus fatalities have been recorded,” she said.

She also said that the state had not recorded an upsurge of victims that would warrant the introduction of home isolation methods as adopted by the Lagos State Government.

MORE READING!  Men, if you marry girl raised by single mom, you will forever regret it - social media influencer

Also speaking, the Director-General, Office of Transformation, Strategy and Delivery, Prof. Bolaji Aluko, said the security situation in Ekiti remained stable with no further cases of incursion from neighboring states.

Aluko added that those who had been arrested for defying the lockdown were given appropriate punishment to serve as a deterrent.

MORE READING!  Lawmaker raises alarm as 14 drown on Badagry waterways

The Special Assistant on Public Health, Dr. Jimlas Ogunsakin, said over 300 farmsteads had been visited by the task force and adequate sensitization on the pandemic done.

General

Nigeria records 304 new Covid-19 cases, toll now 44,433

Published

on

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed 304 new cases of COVID-19 in the country, bringing the total number of COVID-19 infection to 44,433.

The NCDC made this known via its verified Twitter handle on Tuesday.

“304 new cases of #COVID19Nigeria; FCT-90 Lagos-59 Ondo-39 Taraba-18 Rivers-17 Borno-15 Adamawa-12 Oyo-11 Delta-9 Edo-6 Bauchi-4 Kwara-4 Ogun-4 Osun-4 Bayelsa-3 Plateau-3 Niger-3 Nasarawa-2 Kano-1.”

304 new cases of #COVID19Nigeria;

MORE READING!  LASG increases public gatherings to 50 persons

FCT-90

Lagos-59

Ondo-39

Taraba-18

Rivers-17

Borno-15

Adamawa-12

Oyo-11

Delta-9

Edo-6

Bauchi-4

Kwara-4

Ogun-4

Osun-4

Bayelsa-3

Plateau-3

Niger-3

Nasarawa-2

Kano-1

44,433 confirmed

31,851 discharged

910 deaths

Continue Reading

General

Bristow Helicopters sacks 100 pilots and engineers

Published

on

No fewer than 100 pilots and engineers have been sacked by Bristow Helicopters.

This is coming barely 24 hours after Air Peace sacked scores of pilots across its fleet while slashing staff salaries by up to 40 per cent.

This was contained in a statement released by the airline company on Tuesday, August 4.

The company disclosed the workers were layed off due to the effect of the Coronavirus pandemic on its operations.

MORE READING!  FIRS clarifies NIPOST’s stamp duty claims

The aviation company which described the sack as “painful”, said it engaged with the National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE) to negotiate a fair and equitable redundancy compensation for those affected.

The statement partly read;

“This decision has not been made lightly, but having considered the state of the business and the very serious constraints caused by the spread of the COVID-19 disease and the downturn in the oil and gas market, the company must now take this painful, but decisive step to ensure the continuity of its business and delivery of essential services to its clients.

“One of these measures includes the right-sizing of the business to ensure that the company has the optimal level of personnel to continue the safe delivery of its services to its clients, whilst allowing the appropriate capacity for future growth.

“Accordingly, and with much regret, the company has taken the very difficult decision to release over 100 pilots and engineers (both National and Expatriates) over the next couple of weeks.”

Continue Reading

General

Texas man jailed for spending Covid-19 loans on lamborghini, strippers

Published

on

Lee Price III, a Texas man who spent a $200,000 Lamborghini Urus with COVID-19 loans and the and the rest of the cash on strippers, got a slower ride to jail on Tuesday, August 4.

This was after US authorities arrested him for using $1.6 million in government pandemic aid to go on a spending spree.

MORE READING!  Lawmaker raises alarm as 14 drown on Badagry waterways

Lee Price III, 29, was charged with fraud after he secured two government loans under the Paycheck Protection Program to pay employees he did not have, the Justice Department said in a statement.

Instead, he spent the funds on lavish goods like a sports car and a Rolex watch, as well as real estate, an F-350 pickup truck, and thousands of dollars at Houston strip clubs, the statement said.

MORE READING!  FIRS clarifies NIPOST’s stamp duty claims

Price secured two loans: Price Enterprises Holdings allegedly received more than $900,000, while 713 Construction was approved for over $700,000.

Neither firms has employees and “the individual listed as CEO on the 713 Construction loan application died in April 2020, a month before the application was submitted,” according to the complaint.

MORE READING!  Mamman Daura’s views are his own – Presidency

Congress approved the PPP program in late March to help small businesses survive the coronavirus pandemic, granting loans that could be forgiven if they were used to pay wages, rent and utilities.

Continue Reading




Trending