Connect with us

Sports

Dump Sigurdsson for Iwobi, Everton fans tell Marco Silva

Published

Everton faithful’s have called on Marco Silva to hand Alex Iwobi the No.10 role when the Toffees clash with reigning champions, Manchester City at Goodison Park, Sports Extra reports.

The Toffees fans prefer the Nigeria international to Gylfi Sigurdsson who has been below par this term.

Iwobi capped a superb display, with an assist in the Toffees’ 2-0 Carabao win over Sheffield Wednesday. He has scored two goals and provided two assists in six appearances in all competitions this season for Everton.

MORE READING!  EPL: Why Man City lost 1-0 to Southampton – Guardiola

And, in the wake of his outstanding role in the Carabao Cup win where he played in the No.10 role, some sections of the club’s fans are now urging, Marco Silva, to start the Super Eagles star ahead of the former Swansea man.

A fan named Carlos was savage in his analysis.

MORE READING!  Dyche’s achievements at Burnley exemplary for promoted clubs, says Wilder

“Iwobi did more for the second goal than Sigurdsson has done in two and a half years with us,” Carlos tweeted.

Benj Winstaley was unrepentant in his clamour for the Nigeria international. He wrote,”Iwobi as the no 10, Siggurdsson out,”

“Sigurdsson needs to be kept on the bench maybe we might get more out of our strikers with iwobi as 10,” Sophie tweeted.

MORE READING!  Mikel, Oliseh excluded from Ancelotti's best 11

Douglas added, “You’ll never see Sigurdsson making that kind of run in the channel. Think is worth benching him for Iwobi moving forward till he stops standing around off the ball.”

Everton are billed to face free-scoring Manchester City on Saturday (today) in an English Premier League fixture at the Goodison Park.

Sports

Victor Osimhen: Why Super Eagles star is yet to sign N6.5 billion Napoli deal- Agent

Published

on

Lille and Nigeria striker, Victor Osimhen is set to make a decision about a potential move to Napoli this week after meeting Napoli club officials, his agent Osita Okolo has revealed.

The Nigeria international has been heavily linked with transfers across Europe after his outstanding debut campaign in France that earned him the award for the best African player in Ligue 1 this year.

Napoli is reportedly trying to close the deal with Victor Osimhen in the next few days, as respected Italian journalist Nicolò Schira reports that LOSC forward Osimhen has been offered a five-year deal worth €3m (N1.3b) a year totalling (N6.5b) for five years plus add-ons at the San Paolo.

MORE READING!  Tottenham vs Everton: I have no interest in winning the 'Fair Play Cup'- Mourinho

Osimhen, who scored 18 goals in his first season at Lille, was in Italy last week to meet Napoli’s coach Genarro Gattuso and club president De Laurentiis. He also arrived the city to receive the club’s transfer offer and tour the city, however, his agent has disclosed that the final decision will be made by the player this week.

“Victor went to Naples with his representatives. We talked and exchanged views on the city: the impressions were good, to tell you the truth,” Okolo told Calcio Napoli 24 .

“Victor isn’t always shy, although he would’ve preferred to make an important decision with less media exposure.

“After meeting De Laurentiis, Giuntoli and Gattuso, he told me he needed some time to make a decision, without any pressure.

“Later this week he’ll drop his concerns and confirm his decision, whether he decides to accept Napoli’s offer or not.”

READ ALSO: Tottenham vs Everton: I have no interest in winning the ‘Fair Play Cup’- Mourinho

Okolo claimed Gattuso has assured the 21-year-old of his faith in him as a starter at the club.

“We’re waiting. [His decision] may come not long after today. The coach made him feel wanted. He believes a lot in [Osimhen’s] ability and what he can do,” he continued.

“Victor told me there was an agreement on everything but that there was still a couple more things to iron out before the final decision: the announcement should be made by tomorrow.

“I think it’s important for him to have a starting place, to grow further, even if there are no guarantees in the world of football.

“At Wolfsburg they promised him several things, then they moved the goalposts. Victor doesn’t want to get this decision wrong.

“I think Napoli would be the right place for him to grow, but he has the final say.”

Continue Reading

Sports

Tottenham vs Everton: I have no interest in winning the ‘Fair Play Cup’- Mourinho

Published

on

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho, has said he has no interest in winning the “Fair Play Cup”.

This follows the on-field spat between goalkeeper, Hugo Lloris and Heung-Min Son at the end of the first half of their 1-0 win over Everton on Monday.

Mourinho said the fight should have happened in the dressing room rather than on the pitch, but that was where his disapproval ended.

MORE READING!  Mikel, Oliseh excluded from Ancelotti's best 11

READ ALSO: Arsenal vs Leicester: Arteta to use Lacazette in swap deal for Partey

“A team of good boys, a team of nice boys, the only thing they can win at the end of the season is the Fair Play Cup. Something I have never won and have no interest in winning that.

“You have to have certain characteristics. I don’t like a team without communication in a critical way.

“What happened should not happen on the pitch, it should happen inside the dressing room, but I promise you my winning teams we had big fights, big fights in the team,” Mourinho told Sky Sports.

Lloris exchanged angry words with Son at the break, with the two players needing to be separated by Giovani Lo Celso, as the captain continued to criticize his team-mate for failing to track an Everton run just before the interval.

MORE READING!  EPL: Why Man City lost 1-0 to Southampton – Guardiola
Continue Reading

Sports

Arsenal vs Leicester: Arteta to use Lacazette in swap deal for Partey

Published

on

Arsenal could use Alexandre Lacazette in a swap deal for their top target, Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey.

Lacazette has two more years left on his current contract with the Gunners, but manager Mikel Arteta has preferred Eddie Nketiah for some games since the restart.

Arteta’s priority this summer remains to extend Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s deal while strengthening his midfield ahead of next season.

MORE READING!  EPL: Why Man City lost 1-0 to Southampton – Guardiola

Partey has been strongly linked with Arsenal and the Ghanaian is believed to be interested in a move to the Emirates.

Atletico Madrid are also keen to land Lacazette in part-exchange for Partey, according to L’Equipe.

Juventus and Milan are monitoring the 29-year-old’s situation at the Emirates, but Arteta will be keen for him to join the LaLiga side and facilitate Partey’s arrival.

MORE READING!  Tottenham vs Everton: I have no interest in winning the 'Fair Play Cup'- Mourinho
Continue Reading




Trending