West Ham United coach, David Moyes has disclosed that his team defeated Chelsea 3-2 in the Premier League at the London Stadium on Wednesday night because his players took most of their chances against the Blues.
Three goals from Tomas Soucek, Michail Antonio and Andriy Yarlomenko gave the Hammers all three points against Chelsea.
Willian did score a brace for Frank Lampard’s side as the match ended in favour of the host.
Speaking after the game, Moyes was quoted by West Ham United’s official website as saying: “Tonight, we took most of our chances against Chelsea.
“Chelsea, with the team they have, made some changes as well.
“We were up against it at that time against Chelsea, at 2-2, but the players stuck at it and got a good result.”
“We pushed hard, and we did a lot of good things. The players deserve a massive amount of credit,” he added.
West Ham United’s next Premier League fixture is against Newcastle United on Sunday.
QPR rejects Crystal Palace bid for Eze
Crystal Palace have had a £12m offer rejected by QPR for winger Eberechi Eze but remain in the running to sign him.
West Ham and West Brom are also interested in the England Under-21 forward who is eligible to play for Nigeria, with Championship side QPR looking for £18m.
The 22-year-old began his career at Millwall and scored 14 times in the Championship this season.
While it is understood Palace’s bid was lower than QPR’s valuation, the Premier League side are reportedly expected to make a better offer.
However, continued interest remains from West Ham boss David Moyes and Slaven Bilic of newly-promoted West Brom, after the Croatian guided his side to promotion last month following a 2-2 draw at the Hawthorns on the final day of the season.
Eze scored a brilliant individual goal for the visitors on the day and is believed to have impressed Bilic.
Palace’s move for Eze is reportedly linked with the uncertain future of Wilfried Zaha, who is keen to leave Selhurst Park.
They have yet to receive any formal bids for the Ivory Coast international, with the 27-year-old having three years left on his deal at the club.
Anthony Joshua to fight Pulev in December
Boxing heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua will defend his titles against contender Kubrat Pulev the first week of December.
Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn said this on Monday, according to ESPN.
The fight was originally scheduled for June 20 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London but was cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.
“We know AJ’s only going to fight once this year, so we want to give ourselves the best opportunity to bring in a crowd, and that would obviously be the later the better,” Hearn told ESPN.
“But it’s still not a gimme at all. There’s still a very strong chance that AJ will have to fight behind closed doors.”
Joshua (23-1, 21 KOs) owns the WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles and is the sport’s biggest attraction in terms of gate revenue.
He often performs in front of massive crowds in facilities like Wembley Stadium, but in 2020 that simply may not be in the cards. He hasn’t fought since defeating Andy Ruiz in Saudi Arabia last December.
“Bearing in mind he’s only going to fight once this year, I just feel as we might as well give ourselves every chance to have a crowd and that will be the first weekend of December,” added Hearn.
There also are plans in the works for Joshua to face WBC champion Tyson Fury, but Pulev (28-1, 14 KOs), the IBF’s mandatory challenger, is up first.
CAF announces date, venue for final match
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has abandoned plans to play the semi-final and final matches of the 2019/2020 African Champions League in a single venue.
The continental football ruling body has now set a date of Oct. 16 and Oct. 17 for the continental decider.
Cameroon had been earmarked to host the final stages of the competition.
But, following their withdrawal, CAF confirmed the semi-finals will be played over two legs on a home and away basis, with the final potentially at a neutral venue.
Both semi-finals feature Moroccan clubs against Egyptian opposition as Raja Casablanca take on Zamalek, while Wydad Casablanca meets Al Ahly.
The first legs of both ties will be played in Morocco on Sept. 25 and Sept. 26, with the return legs in Egypt on Oct. 2 and Oct. 3.
Should the two winners be from the same nation then the final will be in that country in mid-October.
But, if not, CAF has asked member associations to bid to host the decider at a neutral venue, setting a deadline of Aug. 17 for interested parties.
CAF has also confirmed the dates for the African Confederation Cup’s closing stages that will be played in Morocco.
Pyramids of Egypt meet Horoya from Guinea in Casablanca on Sept. 22, while on the same day there is an all-Moroccan clash between RS Berkane and Hassania Agadir in Rabat.
The final will be staged at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium in Rabat on Sept. 27.
Nurses, one other arrested for stealing newborn baby abandoned in Katsina hospital
Eric took advantage of the fact that I was weak towards him- Lilo discloses in interview with Ebuka (Video)
Kalu replies Akpabio on NDDC contracts
Two siblings arrested for gang-raping their stranded 13-year-old cousin
My boyfriend slept with his ex-girlfriend a night before her wedding, says ‘it was one for the road’
Cat arrested, detained for smuggling heroin, escapes from prison
Nigerian ladies stranded in Saudi Arabia cry out for help (Video)
37-year-old Beninoise takes Nigerian couple on ‘spiritual journey’, scams them N5m
Sudan to ban female genital mutilation, allow non-Muslims to consume alcohol
Man passes bar finals at Law School, expresses gratitude to Nigerians for helping him beat cancer three years ago
Moment man catches baby thrown from 3rd floor of burning apartment (Video)
Two-year-old girl raped while in hospital’s coronavirus isolation ward
AC Milan join Jay Z’s Roc Nation management
Talented make-up artist transforms her face to look like Kanayo.O.Kanayo (Photos)
Russian COVID-19 cases rise by 6,736 to 681,251
Nigerian man, used as ‘human collateral’ to Pakistani drug gang, speaks [Video]
VIDEO: Sanwo-Olu, I want justice for my daughter, safety for Nigerians – Mom of lady crushed by fallen container in Lagos
Oshiomhole buys roasted corn by the roadside, eats it in public as people hail him (Video)
Oshiomhole begs God to sack Obaseki, holds prayer session (Video)
Lady humiliates boyfriend after seeing him in hotel with her friend (Video)
Sick Nigerian domestic help in Oman locked up, prevented from returning by employer
CCTV records moment thieves stormed pharmacy to rob in Ibadan (Video)
Governor Obaseki booed by angry residents at Oba of Benin’s palace (Video)
Female suspect, 25, sexually harassed by police officers in Ibadan (Video)
General3 days ago
Passenger dies onboard Abuja-bound Air Peace flight
General3 days ago
Covid-19: Over 25,000 Americans died in July, as cases rose by 1.87m
General3 days ago
If you once had a sugar daddy, you have no right to fight your husband over his side-chic (Video)
Entertainment3 days ago
Only a foolish man would take young lady as wife at my age – Ebenezer Obey
General3 days ago
Troops neutralize 80 bandits, arrest 33 in northwest
Politics3 days ago
President Buhari has fulfilled all his campaign promises, Atiku Bagudu says
Gossip3 days ago
NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery weather conditions Friday to Sunday
Politics3 days ago
EDO2020: Obaseki’s family support opposition candidate, Ize-Iyamu