Connect with us

General

It is incoherent and cowardly, Former Facebook staffers denounce Zuckerberg’s stance on Trump posts

Published

It is incoherent and cowardly, Former Facebook staffers denounce Zuckerberg's stance on Trump posts

Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg has been called out by nearly three dozen former employees on his decision not to stand against incendiary posts by U.S. President Donald Trump.

The open letter, initially reported by the New York Times, deepened a crisis facing Facebook’s leadership team, who had to defend their decision at a tense all-hands meeting the day prior following an employee walkout over the issue.

Criticism of Zuckerberg’s hands-off approach to a speech by political leaders crescendoed last week, after rival social network Twitter began putting warning labels on several Trump tweets that the platform said contained misleading information and glorified violence.

MORE READING!  WHO reacts to TB Joshua's healing of a Covid-19 patient

Snapchat likewise took a hard line, boosting Trump’s account on Wednesday from a curated “discover” section of its app which promotes fresh content. It said it would not amplify voices inciting “racist violence.”

Facebook, which left the same posts untouched, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the letter.

The former employees, including a staffer who opened Facebook’s office in Washington, implored Zuckerberg to implement checks on the speech by political leaders as it does for other users, including fact-checks and labels on harmful posts.

“The company we joined valued giving individuals a voice as loud as their government’s — protecting the powerless rather than the powerful,” they wrote.

Facebook’s current approach, they said, “is not a noble stand for freedom. It is incoherent and worse, it is cowardly.”

The group warned that Trump’s post on Friday, which used the racially charged phrase “when the looting starts, the shooting starts” in reference to protests over the police killing of a black man in Minnesota, could incite violence.

“In an age of live-streamed shootings, Facebook should know the danger of this better than most,” they said.

 

MORE READING!  Woman slumps, dies as husband tests positive for COVID-19

 

 

 

 

Reuters

General

’50 and stunning’, Woman shocks social media users with beautiful birthday photos

Published

on

A  woman has taken to social media to upload some beautiful photos of herself as she clocks 50 today.
The beautiful woman identified as O̧lájùmò̧kȩ́ Fásùnló̧rò̧ stunned social media users with her age-defying photos as most complimented her for her adolescent looks.

Sharing the photos, she wrote ;

It’s my Jubilee and I am thankful for the half C E N T U R Y!

 

MORE READING!  I had s3x with my Facebook lover and his friend for one month, 14-year-old Bayelsa schoolgirl tells police

See photos below;

 

See some of the reactions her photos garnered;

 

 

MORE READING!  Woman slumps, dies as husband tests positive for COVID-19
Continue Reading

General

Imam of peace, Mohammad Tawhidi, drags Buhari on Twitter, calls him ‘Hushpuppi Senior’

Published

on

The globally renowned Islamic cleric, Mohammad Tawhidi, popularly known as ‘Imam of Peace’, has branded President Buhari as ‘Hushpuppi Senior’  in a tweet made on twitter.

According to the Imam, there is no difference between the embattled Instagram big boy, Ramon Abass, a.k.a Hushpuppi and President Buhari as both play the same role but reside in different countries.

MORE READING!  Buhari chose to tolerate Wike, Fayose instead of dealing with them - Femi Adesina

He said this through a tweet he made on twitter where he shared photos of the duo with the caption;

“Hushpuppi Senior and Hushpuppi Junior”

READ ALSO: Emma Nyra to Nigerians: Rejoicing in Hushpuppi’s downfall will not put money in your pocket

According to social media users, the Imam’s tweet is related to bad governance under the Buhari led administration which has seen many businesses fall and lives lost.

MORE READING!  Imam of peace, Mohammad Tawhidi, drags Buhari on Twitter, calls him 'Hushpuppi Senior'

If you recall, a few months ago the Imam alleged that the president has been enabling terrorism in order to remain in power, while also stating that the West African country will be more beautiful if it were not for Buhari.

 

Continue Reading

General

Twitter user deletes account after accusing Igbinedion dean of wanting to sleep with her

Published

on

A Twitter user, who accused a Dean in Igbinedion University of demanding to sleep with her and pay for her to be posted to law school has deleted her account.

The Twitter user identified as @congress_woman on Saturday, July 4, 2020, tweeted an accusation that the Dean of Law in Igbinedion University as at 2014 wanted to sleep with her and a few others for their names to be included in the law school list in 2014.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: Enugu State records 30 new cases

She tweeted;

Some of us can’t share this inspiring story you just shared cuz ur father who is the Dean of law wanted to sleep with us and also have us pay him before our names are included in the law school list in 2014.

However, she faced several backlashes from people online while some debunked her claim.

MORE READING!  As women, marriage is our 'big retirement plan' after we're done sleeping around - Ugandan lady

One Twitter user @OFreelancers claims he was a 2014 graduate of law in Igbinedion University and called out @congress_woman, stating that her accusations were false.

@OFreelancers with the real name, Aidenojie Osagie says he graduated from Igbinedion University in 2014 and two sets were sent to the law school and no one remained behind as they were called to the bar in October and December 2015 respectively.

MORE READING!  Police arrest couple operating baby factory in Port Harcourt

@Congress_woman who initially deleted her tweets and made her account private has now totally deleted and disabled her Twitter account.

Continue Reading




Trending