Connect with us

Crime

FBI arrests Chicago student who writes ‘codes’ for ISIS

Published

A student of DePaul University and Chicago native, Thomas Osadzinski, has been arrested by the FBI for coding for Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS).

The 20-year-old computer science and software development student in the private Catholic university was accused by federal prosecutors in Chicago of attempting to provide support to ISIS by designing a computer script that would make it easier for the terror group to access and share propaganda on a social media platform.

He was arrested on November 19, 2019, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois said in a press release. A criminal complaint charges him with one count of attempting to provide material support and resources to a foreign terrorist organization.

Osadzinski appeared Tuesday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeffrey Cole in Chicago and was ordered held without bond. Judge Cole scheduled a detention hearing for Friday at 9:30 a.m, the statement said.

MORE READING!  My wife lied, incest is a taboo in Yorubaland, says man accused of raping his nine and seven-year-old daughters

The complaint alleges that Osadzinski designed a process that uses a computer script to make ISIS propaganda more conveniently accessed and disseminated by users on a social media platform.

Osadzinski earlier this year shared his script and instructions for how to use it with individuals whom he believed to be ISIS supporters and members of pro-ISIS media organizations, the complaint states. Unbeknownst to Osadzinski, the individuals were actually covert FBI employees and a person confidentially working with law enforcement, according to the complaint.

ISIS and its supporters disseminate the terror group’s propaganda materials online to as wide an audience as possible in order to recruit fighters and inspire violence against the United States and other countries. Social media platforms routinely remove ISIS media content due to the violent nature of the materials.

MORE READING!  Security operatives nab welder for allegedly defiling two daughters

According to the complaint, Osadzinski’s computer process would automatically copy and preserve ISIS media postings in an organized format, allowing social media users to continue to conveniently access and disseminate the content. The material support charge is punishable by up to 20 years in prison. If convicted, the Court must impose a reasonable sentence under federal statutes and the advisory U.S. Sentencing Guidelines.

The FBI began its investigation into Osadzinski in June 2018, after he posted on a pro-ISIS Telegram channel called “Weapons,” and began exchanging online messages with an undercover FBI employee, according to the criminal complaint. Court documents said Osadzinski also sent photos of an ISIS flag and an ISIS propaganda poster to undercover agents.

MORE READING!  Man snatches car at gunpoint in Ebonyi, gets nabbed in Adamawa

He sent a photo of the poster on his apartment bedroom wall via Telegram and wrote that he had printed off the poster at the DePaul University library. He also sent an undercover FBI employee a photo of an ISIS flag that the FBI says was taken in his apartment. The flag can be seen in front of an open laptop computer.

On November 2, 2019, Osadzinski sent the undercover FBI employee another photo of an ISIS flag with a handwritten note on it saying, “I renew my pledge to Abu Ibrahim Al-Hashimi Al-Qurashi, in the land of America.” Al-Qurashi is the new leader of ISIS, who succeeded Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi.

Crime

My wife lied, incest is a taboo in Yorubaland, says man accused of raping his nine and seven-year-old daughters

Published

on

“I cannot sleep with my children. The rape could have been from an outsider and not me. I didn’t know about it.” These were the words of 48-year-old Femi Onifade, who stands accused of defiling his nine and seven-year-old daughters.

Onifade, a welder, was arrested by the personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps [NSCDC] in Ondo State after his wife, Tope, filed a complaint that he committed the act at his residence, No 27 Liberty Hospital Road, Oluwatuyi area of Akure.

But when he was paraded at the NSCDC headquarters in Alagbaka, Akure, on Monday, the suspect said it was not possible for him to have carnal knowledge of his children because such was a taboo in Yoruba land.

He suggested the crime might have been committed by an outsider, alleging his wife of 11 years raised a false alarm on him.

Femi said,

“I used to have quarrels with my wife. We had a clash around 11pm on that day and she left the house and because of the curfew in town, I didn’t want her to take the children with her. I insisted that the children must remain with me. My wife left and did not come back.

“I went to her family to report and her family begged me. My wife came back two days later and asked me what happened to the children when she examined their private parts.

“My wife accused me of sleeping with our daughters and I said I could not have done it, because it was a taboo in Yoruba land. I am not happy because I was accused of what I did not do. I went to the palace of the Deji of Akure to take an oath for people to believe me.

“I don’t drink and I don’t smoke. It is a lie. I cannot sleep with my children. The rape could have been from an outsider and not me. I didn’t know about it

“The children were crying because they did not see their mother that night. My children used to cry whenever my wife and I were fighting. It was a neighbour, who told my wife that one of the girls cried till daybreak.”

However, his wife, Tope, who vowed to quit the 11-year-old marriage, said Femi told her that what she noticed in their daughters’ private parts was evidence of dysentery when she raised the alarm over her discovery.

MORE READING!  26-year-old man rapes neighbour's teenage daughter in Lagos

Tope said the children informed her that their father inserted something in their private parts and also used his mouth.

She stated,

“The day we had a quarrel, my husband did not allow me to sleep in the house. I asked neighbours to beg him on my behalf, but he said I should go. He did not allow me take any of my daughters along. I had to find somewhere to sleep. The next day, a neighbour called me to say one of our daughters cried all through the night.

“The neighbour begged me to come back home. I came back and in the night, I noticed something in one of the children’s private parts. I asked my husband and he told me it was dysentery.

“I woke up the eldest daughter and asked her and she pointed at their father. The children said their father used to put something in their private parts.”

Tope added that tests carried out on the children revealed that both had been deflowered.

MORE READING!  Man gives wife money for upkeep after court remands her, boyfriend over their plot to kill him

The Public Relations Officer of the NSCDC in the state, Olufemi Omole, said the suspect would soon be charged.

Continue Reading

Crime

26-year-old man rapes neighbour’s teenage daughter in Lagos

Published

on

teacher

The Lagos Police Command have arrested a 26-year-old man Benjamin Omade for alleged abduction and defilement of a teenage girl.

The victim (names withheld) was said to be the daughter of his next-door neighbour at Bariga.

It was gathered that Omade allegedly eloped with the underage girl since May 17 with no one knowing their whereabouts.

MORE READING!  Cemetery workers caught stealing heads from five newly buried corpses in Ondo

He was said to have taken her to 61, Odunsi Street, Bariga where the police tracked him to and arrested him on Sunday evening.

Confirming the incident, police spokesman Bala Elkana said detectives tracked the suspect to the location after the girl’s mother reported her abduction.

He said the woman told the police she strongly believed Omade was responsible for her sudden disappearance.

MORE READING!  Security operatives nab welder for allegedly defiling two daughters

Elkana said the teenager was rescued from the location, adding that the suspect confessed to the crime.

Elkana said the case was under investigation

Continue Reading

Crime

Man gives wife money for upkeep after court remands her, boyfriend over their plot to kill him

Published

on

The courthouse was filled with mixed emotions when David Gator, whose wife and her boyfriend planned to kill him,  gave the wife money for upkeep and assured her of his undying love for her while she cried herself to prison.

This was after the Asokwa District Court in Kumasi remanded her and the accomplice into police custody for the second time.

Mavis Brepo and Patrick Asare were arrested after an assassin they tried to contract on phone turned out to be the Manhyia Divisional Police Commander.

MORE READING!  Cemetery workers caught stealing heads from five newly buried corpses in Ondo

The 27-year-old woman popularly called Maadwoa, married to David Gator, 55, planned with her 50-year-old boyfriend, Patrick Asare, to kill her husband so they could settle down together.

The two made their first appearance in court on Friday, May 8, 2020.

Adom News’ Nana Asenso Mensah who was in court reported that Mr Gator who was present with other family members also assured her of his undying love.

MORE READING!  My wife lied, incest is a taboo in Yorubaland, says man accused of raping his nine and seven-year-old daughters

He was seen comforting a crying Mavis who had been linked by cuffs to her alleged lover.

He told her, the money is to help with her upkeep in prison while an investigation continues into the matter.

Meanwhile, the two lovers are expected to appear in count on June 3.

He told her, the money is to help with her upkeep in prison while an investigation continues into the matter.

MORE READING!  Operation burst apprehends seven suspected robbery gang members in Ibadan

Meanwhile, the two lovers are expected to appear in count on June 3.

Under a spell

Since the arrest of his wife, Mr. Gator has maintained her innocence. In earlier news, he said he is convinced his wife was being influenced by a spiritual force.

While appealing for the charges to be dropped against her, the father of three said, he has long forgiven Mavis and is ready to take her back should she be freed.

Continue Reading




Trending