Connect with us


Fire kills mom, her two children in Bauchi


A 26-year-old mom and her two children have died in a fire disaster that occurred at their home in Sabon Gida in Yelwa, Bauchi State.

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Monday night when the deceased’s husband was refuelling his generator.

According to a source, the fuel poured on the ground and flowed to his kitchen immediately the fire started.

The man, one Umar Tukur, escaped death but with serious burns in parts of his body while his wife and two children, one and four-year-olds, were burnt to death.

“The man was refuelling his generator, although it was off but the fire started when part of the fuel from the gallon poured on the ground and flowed down to the kitchen where his wife was cooking at that time and immediately, the fire was ignited.

“He was the first to be burnt by the fire. He then threw away the gallon of fuel he was holding and the fire increased.

“The generator was engulfed in the fire and it burnt and also caught his motorcycle that was parked in front of the apartment of the wife who died with her children. The motorcycle was burnt down completely.

“His wife who had gone into the house to picked something could not come out with her two children because they trapped inside since the fire started from outside and it was much.

“That was how he held her two children together in her arms and they were roasted in the fire.”

The source added that the man, whose name he gave as Umar, sustained burns from his waist down to his feet and part of his hands.

“His second wife managed to escaped with her only child, it was his first wife who died in the fire,” he stated.

He said that nothing was brought out from the house as all their properties were completely burnt.

MORE READING!  Mother in tears as her daughter, 4, narrates how she was raped by school teacher (video)

According to the source, Umar didn’t know that his wife and children were burnt to death because he was unconscious since the incident happened, “it was yesterday in the morning that he regained consciousness that he heard about it. In fact, when he opened his eyes, the first thing he said was “where are my children?” And later on, he was told about it.”

MORE READING!  Retired Army Captain, 73, defiles four-year-old niece in Calabar, blames alcohol 

He said that the wife and two children were buried according to Islamic rites on Tuesday morning.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Bauchi State Command, Kamal Abubakar, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, confirmed the incident to our Correspondent.

He said:

“Yes, it is true, there was a fire outbreak at Sabon Gida in Yelwa, on Monday, 30th March, 2020 at about 8pm. A Police Patrol Team and men of the Fire Service were called and they made efforts to put out the fire.

“The victims of the fire were evacuated to the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi for medical attention.

“Later, three of the victims died from the injuries they sustained in the fire. The deceased are a mother, one Zainab Umar, a 26 year old and her two children, a male and female.

“The male is four years old while the female is one year old.”

He also confirmed that “the fire was caused by a generator and the man whose is Umar Tukur, is still in the hospital receiving medical care.”

MORE READING!  Court sentences man to death for allegedly defiling two-year-old child


Retired Army Captain, 73, defiles four-year-old niece in Calabar, blames alcohol 



My husband slapped and raped me for denying him s*#, was he right?

A 73-year-old retired army Captain, Bassey Ekanem, has reportedly defiled his four-year-old niece in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.

The incident occurred at 12 Edim Ibangaha Street, Big Qua Town, Calabar.

The former army man claimed he was under the influence of alcohol and couldn’t understand why he committed the act.

Findings showed that the victim (names withheld) was violated by the Uncle whom she referred to as grandpa.

Ekanem was said to have been in the North for years before he came to Calabar after retiring from the army.

“He (suspect) had sent the lady living with him to make soup, while she went to buy fish at Marian market, Bassey lured the little girl into his apartment and started fingering her and broke her hymen in the process,” The Vanguard quoted an unnamed source as saying.

“It was the victim’s younger brother who is about 2 years who told their mother that grandpa put her hand inside her sister’s ‘bum bum’ before their mother raised alarm and the matter was reported to Akim Police station.”

When contacted, the Principal Counsel, Basic Right Council Initiative, James Ibor Esq, said the case was one amongst many adding that rape incidents were becoming increasingly alarming.

“I am heartbroken and appalled by the increasing number of rape every day in Calabar and beyond, the Child Rights Act really needs to be implemented to the latter because the girl child is going through a lot.

“This particular matter cannot be swept under the carpet and the suspect must face the full wrath of the law even though they are related, because in most cases when the case is gaining momentum, a lot of pressure starts coming in for the matter to become compromised especially when it has to do with a relative.

“He is now in Police custody and we expect our officers to do a thorough job because this is one too many in the rape saga ravaging the country, it didn’t start today but it’s high time people started speaking up, rape is a serious crime.

“The suspect has confessed to the act and it is only the Court that can determine whether he had the capacity to carry out the act as there are claims he was under the influence of alcohol at the time he committed the abominable act,” Ibor said.

Ibor who is also the Chairperson, Child Protection Network in Cross River called on parents to enlighten their children at a very early age as signs and other emotional signals can be detected early like the younger brother to the victim who is just about 2 years did.

“There is a need to teach both the boy and girl child at a tender age because it’s because of what the little brother understood that exposed the matter in the first place, so educate your children always,” he said.

MORE READING!  Gunmen disguise as patients, abduct resident doctor in Delta
Continue Reading


Full autopsy report reveals George Floyd tested positive for Coronavirus



George Floyd

A 20-page autopsy report released by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office has revealed that George Floyd who died after some Minneapolis police officers knelt on his neck, tested positive for Coronavirus in April.

The autopsy report came with the family’s permission and it was released after the coroner’s office released summary findings which affirmed that Floyd had a heart attack while being restrained by officers. George Floyd’s death has now been classified as a homicide.

MORE READING!  Three killed as suspected herdsmen invade villages in Ibadan

TMZ reported that the Coroner said;

“Positivity for 2019-nCoV can persist for weeks after the onset and resolution of clinical disease, the autopsy result most likely reflects asymptomatic but persistent PCR positivity from the previous infection.”

This meant the deceased was likely walking around without issues or active symptoms, but the virus was still in his body. The final report from Hennepin on Wednesday says Floyd had “no injuries of anterior muscles of neck or laryngeal structures.”

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison on Wednesday, June 3, upgraded charges against Chauvin to 2nd-degree murder and also charged the three other officers on the scene with aiding and abetting.

MORE READING!  Anambra auto crashes: 14 escape death, baby and others sustain injuries 

Floyd family attorney, Ben Crump had earlier decried the official autopsy as described in the original complaint against Chauvin, for ruling out asphyxia.

An autopsy commissioned by the Floyd family concluded that he died of asphyxiation due to neck and back compression.

Continue Reading


Task Force recovers four stolen goats, food items from suspected thieves in Ikorodu



The Lagos State Task Force on Environment and Special Offences Unit has recovered four stolen goats from suspected robbers.

WuzupNigeria gathered that the suspects, who were carrying the goats to an unknown destination inside a vehicle, had followed a BRT corridor in the Ikorodu area of Lagos, prompting the Task Force to intercept them.

However, on sighting the officials the driver and his accomplice left their car, a Blue Toyota Camry marked AAA 743 EZ, and fled from the scene.

MORE READING!  Man caught defiling two girls aged five and six (Video)

According to the leader of the Enforcement Team, DSP Anthony Abutu, the action of the two men raised suspicion among the team which led to a thorough search of the vehicle and four goats and food items were recovered from the boot of the car.

Abutu added that the goats’ mouths were sealed.

MORE READING!  Three killed as suspected herdsmen invade villages in Ibadan

This, according to him, indicates that the goats and other items in the car were stolen.

Also, the Task Force Chairman, CSP Yinka Egbeyemi, said that the fact that the driver and his accomplice fled showed that the goats were stolen.

The task force, therefore, called on members of the public, particularly those residing around Ikorodu axis, whose goats are missing or suspected stolen, to report at the task force office at Bolade, Oshodi, for collection of the recovered goats.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: South African-based firm donates palliatives to vulnerable in FCTA

In another development, the state government has distributed new kits to all police officers attached to the agency, in a bid to boost their morale. The new kits include uniforms (camouflage and black), berets, shoulder badges and crests.

Continue Reading