Connect with us

News

FUNERAL BUDGET! Man stabs elder brother to death a day to father’s burial in Anambra

Published

A man, identified as Ejiofor Oyiogu, has allegedly stabbed his 47-year-old elder brother, Ekene, to death in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Punch reports that the siblings who are sons of a deceased politician in the area had issues over budget for their father’s burial, among other issues.

A source who didn’t want to be named said,

“I learnt that Ekene was lording it over his younger brother, Ejiofor, especially on the issue of their father’s funeral that was to hold a day before tragedy struck.

“The matter came to a head on Saturday when Ekene drew the first blood by stabbing his younger brother, who grabbed the knife and cut him in the neck, hand, navel and head. The elder brother died on the way to a hospital.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Nkeiruka Nwode, said the suspect had fled the community, noting that the case was reported by one of the family members, Mr Elias.

MORE READING!  Ban on religious activities, curfew still in force in Oyo, says COVID-19 Task Force

The police spokesman said,

“A family member, by name Elias, reported the matter to the police and the command swung into action immediately by taking the victim to the hospital where he was confirmed dead.”

The PPRO who described the incident as unfortunate disclosed that the police had commenced a manhunt to arrest the fleeing suspect.

MORE READING!  Seun Ajayi calls out men in Nollywood who harass women (Video)

health

Just In: Nasarawa records three deaths, nine additional COVID-19 cases

Published

on

Nasarawa State has recorded three additional deaths and nine confirmed cases of coronavirus bringing the total death to four.

The total confirmed cases in the state is now 90.

State Governor Abdullahi Sule announced this Thursday during a review meeting of COVID-19 in Government House Lafia the state capital.

He explained that out of the 90 confirmed cases in the state, four died while 705 samples were taken from the state to the Nigeria Centre of Disease Control (NCDC) for testing in the state since the outbreak of the pandemic in the state.

“Out of the 705 samples taken, we have so far received 659 results and 90 were confirmed positive, while remaining results were still being awaited”

According to the governor, “the state unfortunately recorded four dead including the member of the State Assembly representing Nasarawa-West who had died earlier of the coronavirus.

MORE READING!  I felt dirty and ashamed, BBNaija's Khafi Kareem reveals her rape experience

Details later.

Continue Reading

health

37 health workers test positive for COVID-19 in Kaduna

Published

on

Kaduna government to enforce the use of face masks

The Kaduna state government has said that at least 37 health workers have tested positive for COVID-19 in the state.

The Deputy Director of the state’s Primary Healthcare Development Agency, Hamza Ibrahim Ikara, said this on Wednesday, after a COVID-19 sensitization program for district heads and traditional title holders under Zazzau Emirates.

MORE READING!  Bayelsa shuts six churches for violating COVID-19 safety protocols

Ikara noted that 20 health workers have already been discharged from the isolation centre out of the 37 patients. Ikara, however, confirmed that the state has over 200 active cases with eight fatalities.

“As we speak, since the outbreak of COVID-19 in the state, we have 37 health workers that have been affected by COVID-19 but almost 20 of them have been discharged while the remaining ones are under admission.

“So the virus is real,” he said.

Speaking further, the official added that the COVID-19 virus has spread to nine local government areas in the state such as Chukun, Kaduna North, Kaduna South, Zaria and Sabon Gari, as well as Soba, Giwa, and Makarfi.

MORE READING!  Seun Ajayi calls out men in Nollywood who harass women (Video)
Continue Reading

News

Edo to launch sex offenders’ register

Published

on

Edo: Decomposed body of kidnapped ex-commissioner for youth, sports, found in forest

The Edo State Government, on Wednesday, said it was working with consultants to domesticate the sex offenders’ register as part of its stance against rape and other forms of gender-based violence.

The Chairperson, Edo State Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Response Team, Prof. Yinka Omorogbe, who addressed journalists in Benin City, said the government remained committed to its zero-tolerance for any form of gender-based violence.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: FG discharges Saudi Arabia returnees

Omorogbe, who is also the state’s attorney-general and commissioner for justice, stated,

“I am hoping that in the coming months, after working with our consultants, we will be able to launch our own Edo State sex offenders’ register, which is expected to be a live register to prevent manipulation.

“I want to send a message to the perpetrators out there. We are coming for you. To all those who take pleasure in inflicting violence on their spouses, children and others, know this day that your days are numbered.”

Continue Reading




Trending