Connect with us

Generator fume chokes 10 wedding guests to death in Imo community

General

Generator fume chokes 10 wedding guests to death in Imo community

No fewer than ten wedding guests died on Monday from fume from a generator in Imo State.

Twenty others were also hospitalised in the unfortunate incident which happened at Umuomumu Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of the state.

A community source said that the wedding guests from Anambra State decided to pass the night at their in-law’s house after the ceremony, the Punch reports.

MORE READING!  Bangladesh's 'tree man' begs doctors to amputate his hands as he 'cannot bear the pain any longer'

READ ALSO: Feminists who attack people for choosing their path are bullies – Simi

It was the fume from the generator which ran through the night until morning that allegedly killed them.

The State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, who confirmed the incident said, “the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.”

MORE READING!  Robbers attack Cubana in traffic, minutes after he arrived Nigeria

“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”
The victims and survivors were taken to Ikeduru General Hospital.

Click to comment

More in General

To Top