Connect with us

Generator fumes kill Niger couple

Generator fumes

General

Generator fumes kill Niger couple

The Police in Niger State, on Wednesday, confirmed the death of a couple in Maitunbi area of Minna from generator fumes.

DSP Mohammed Abubakar, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, confirmed that the incident occurred on Monday night.

Abubakar said, “The incident occurred on Monday night, but was reported to the police on Tuesday by neighbours at 8: 00 a.m.”

MORE READING!  Fuel tanker rams into ambulance conveying corpse for burial [Photos]

He explained that the deceased couple, Malam Adamu Mohammed, 30 and Sumaiya Adamu, 20, got married in December 2018.

According to him, Malam Dahiru Mohammed, a brother to the late Adamu, visited the couple on Tuesday.

The PPRO said that when Dahiru knocked on their door and there was no response, he left without seeing them.

“When nobody attended to Dahiru he left the house of the deceased couple,” he said.

MORE READING!  Lady shamefully resigns after colleague she accused of sexual harassment, prints and pastes all her texts in office

He explained that neighbours who did not see them coming out from their apartment raised concerns and had to break in.

“When the neighbors discovered what had happened they reported the issue to the police,” he said.

Abubakar explained that on the fateful night, the deceased couple had put on the generator, which they recently purchased, in one of their rooms that had no ventilation and slept in the next room.

MORE READING!  Man narrowly escapes death after being strangled by 10-foot long python [Photos]

“Preliminary investigations revealed that the couple died as a result of the generator fumes.

“They died due to lack of ventilation from the generator fumes,” the police spokesman said.

It was gathered from family sources that the couple has since been buried according to Islamic rites.

NAN

Click to comment

More in General

Most Read

Just In

To Top