Connect with us

Sports

Guardiola writes off Manchester United top four chances

Published

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has written off Manchester United as a top-four candidate.

The Spaniard named Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester when discussing the current battle in the table.

Guardiola said when asked to predicted the title race, “It’s too early.

“There is one team above the others – Liverpool – and then another, us, is close.

“I don’t know how big the gap is for Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester and the other ones.

“It’s not too big and there are only seven games gone.

“Liverpool is a little bit of a faster horse than the other ones but it is too early for me.

“It is too early to say whether it will be for one, two or three teams.”

MORE READING!  Arsenal vs Leicester: Arteta to use Lacazette in swap deal for Partey

Sports

Usain Bolt introduces his daughter to the world in new adorable photos

Published

on

Usain Bolt

Usain Bolt has introduced his daughter to the world by sharing the first photos of the newborn as well as announcing her name.

The retired Olympic athlete welcomed his baby girl with longtime girlfriend Kasi Bennett in May, and the couple have quietly enjoyed their bundle of joy over the past several weeks.

MORE READING!  Conte blames himself after another Inter Milan collapse

In celebration of Kasi’s birthday, the pair decided to give the world its first glimpse of their daughter while revealing they have named her Olympia Lightning Bolt.

33-year-old Usain wrote in an Instagram post:

“I want to wish my gf @kasi.b a happy birthday and To let u know I am happy I get to spend ur special day with u. I want nothing but happiness for u and will continue to doing my best keeping a smile on ur face. ‘Now we have started a new chapter together with our daughter Olympia Lightning Bolt I look forward to what the future will bring for us but be reassured that I will be the ROCK for this family [sic].’ He added: ‘I Love you and happy 21th birthday.”

See photos as shared by Usain Bolt:

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Usain St.Leo Bolt (@usainbolt) on

Continue Reading

Sports

Etebo doubtful for Villarreal clash

Published

on

Oghenekaro Etebo is in line to feature for Getafe in Wednesday’s LaLiga home fixture against Villarreal following his recent injury troubles.

Etebo has missed Getafe’s last two league games against Real Madrid and Osasuna due to muscle injury.

The 24-year-old last appearance for the Azulones came in the 2-1 home win against Real Sociedad late last month.

MORE READING!  Arsenal vs Leicester: Arteta to use Lacazette in swap deal for Partey

The Nigeria international took the place of Cameroon’s Allan Nyom in the 68th minute of the encounter.

“Cabaco and Etebo are better off with their injuries. Tomorrow we will decide if they are ready to play the game,” Getafe manager Jose Bordalas told a news conference on Tuesday.

The combative who joined Getafe on loan in January has scored once in 10 league appearances since making the switch.

MORE READING!  English-born Ghanaian footballer dies at 24 after drowning in US lake

Getafe, who occupies the sixth position in the table with 53 points from 34 matches must win the game to boost their chances of playing in Europe next season.

Continue Reading

Sports

Victor Osimhen: Why Super Eagles star is yet to sign N6.5 billion Napoli deal- Agent

Published

on

Lille and Nigeria striker, Victor Osimhen is set to make a decision about a potential move to Napoli this week after meeting Napoli club officials, his agent Osita Okolo has revealed.

The Nigeria international has been heavily linked with transfers across Europe after his outstanding debut campaign in France that earned him the award for the best African player in Ligue 1 this year.

Napoli is reportedly trying to close the deal with Victor Osimhen in the next few days, as respected Italian journalist Nicolò Schira reports that LOSC forward Osimhen has been offered a five-year deal worth €3m (N1.3b) a year totalling (N6.5b) for five years plus add-ons at the San Paolo.

MORE READING!  Banky W to DJ Cuppy: The break up was good, Arsenal has won four times in a row

Osimhen, who scored 18 goals in his first season at Lille, was in Italy last week to meet Napoli’s coach Genarro Gattuso and club president De Laurentiis. He also arrived the city to receive the club’s transfer offer and tour the city, however, his agent has disclosed that the final decision will be made by the player this week.

“Victor went to Naples with his representatives. We talked and exchanged views on the city: the impressions were good, to tell you the truth,” Okolo told Calcio Napoli 24 .

“Victor isn’t always shy, although he would’ve preferred to make an important decision with less media exposure.

“After meeting De Laurentiis, Giuntoli and Gattuso, he told me he needed some time to make a decision, without any pressure.

“Later this week he’ll drop his concerns and confirm his decision, whether he decides to accept Napoli’s offer or not.”

READ ALSO: Tottenham vs Everton: I have no interest in winning the ‘Fair Play Cup’- Mourinho

Okolo claimed Gattuso has assured the 21-year-old of his faith in him as a starter at the club.

“We’re waiting. [His decision] may come not long after today. The coach made him feel wanted. He believes a lot in [Osimhen’s] ability and what he can do,” he continued.

“Victor told me there was an agreement on everything but that there was still a couple more things to iron out before the final decision: the announcement should be made by tomorrow.

“I think it’s important for him to have a starting place, to grow further, even if there are no guarantees in the world of football.

“At Wolfsburg they promised him several things, then they moved the goalposts. Victor doesn’t want to get this decision wrong.

“I think Napoli would be the right place for him to grow, but he has the final say.”

Continue Reading




Trending