Connect with us

HER INTESTINES WERE CUT! Woman dies after botched breast enlargement surgery

Juliet Wanza Mulupi


HER INTESTINES WERE CUT! Woman dies after botched breast enlargement surgery

A Kenyan lady, Juliet Wanza Mulupi, has died after a botched breast enlargement surgery went wrong in Karen.

The mother of three reportedly died of sepsis, an infection that takes effect when the body’s immune system releases chemicals into the bloodstream to fight an infection.

According to Nairobiwire, the procedure was carried out by an unidentified surgeon in his office last week.

Mulupi was discharged after a seemingly uncomplicated surgery but developed severe abdominal pain that worsened.

The mother of three was taken to the Nairobi Hospital for review on Wednesday and was immediately admitted to the High Dependency Unit, then the ICU.

MORE READING!  Chinese woman freed after two-year jail for setting Lagos hotel ablaze

Medics discovered that her intestines had been cut or punctured in the first surgery, apparently during a fat transfer augmentation and her blood pressure was dangerously low.

According to a family member, Mulupi’s intestines were cut and all the waste was seeping out and spreading inside the stomach which led to infection.

Prof Stanley Khainga, who led a team of doctors as they frantically attended to Wanza said the patient had also developed gas gangrene, likely from the incisions made during the surgery.

“It was gas gangrene which is an infection of soft tissues from bacteria on the skin. I was just called in to control that. When gas gangrene gets under the skin, it kills blood supply and eats the fat and whatever remains.

“If you don’t remove the dead skin then it spreads all over and you can’t control it.

“The wounds through which the surgery is done are the ones that now become the portals of entry of the bacteria. For her, it was an infection that was too fast.

“I was just intervening to control that and correct the shock and so on. I was in Nairobi Hospital when they called me. She was a referral. As a consultant, I was trying to sort out the problem.”

Photo credit: Nairobi wire

Photo credit: Nairobi wire

Click to comment

More in General

To Top