Connect with us

Sports

How Mourinho reacted to lift of Chelsea’s transfer ban

Published

Tottenham manager, Jose Mourinho, has said he is not worried by Chelsea having the ban lifted ahead of the January transfer window.

A decision made by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on Friday means that the Blues have had the two-window transfer ban imposed by FIFA reduced by half, allowing them to sign players when the transfer window reopens next month.

MORE READING!  Herbalist offers to fortify my boots - Victor Osimhen

Mourinho, a two-time manager at Chelsea, said the news is of little concern to him.

Asked about the transfer ban being lifted at his pre-match press conference on Friday, Mourinho said,

“I’m not worried with that. First of all I’m not looking to Chelsea and the distance from them. Between us and Chelsea are still two or three teams, Wolves and United, so we cannot look so high and so far in this moment. So I’m not looking to them at all.

“The second situation for me is that it is not easy to get better players than they have. They have very good players. Even with the ban and a hypothetical multi-million budget to spend I’m not very, very sure they can get much better players than they have.”

Sports

Man United unwilling to pay £108m for Sancho

Published

on

 

Manchester United are refusing to pay anywhere near Borussia Dortmund’s £108m asking price for Jadon Sancho after the latest round of talks between the clubs.

Negotiations are ongoing for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s top transfer target, but it’s understood the two sides are miles apart in their valuations of the England international.

MORE READING!  Pedro undergoes surgery for shoulder injury

Sancho’s wages are also a sticking point, with United determined not to upset their wage structure for a player so young.

Suggestions that personal terms worth £250,000-a-week had already agreed are believed to be premature.

Continue Reading

Sports

Everton to sign 36-year-old former Chelsea defender, Ivanovic

Published

on

 

Former Chelsea’s favorite Branislav Ivanovic looks to be on the verge of securing a move back to the Premier League.

The veteran Serbian defender has spent the last three years with Russian giants Zenit Saint Petersburg since leaving Stamford Bridge in 2017 but now seems likely to reunite with former Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti by sealing a free transfer to Everton.

MORE READING!  Arsenal vs Chelsea: Owen predicts winner of FA Cup final clash

“I will probably continue my career at Everton,” said the 36-year-old, who is also a target for Red Star Belgrade in his homeland.

“I received a good offer from them.

“I will see how things will turn out.”

Continue Reading

Sports

I was surprised Barca sold me – Carles Perez

Published

on

Carles Perez has spoken of his surprise at leaving Barcelona, claiming he “didn’t deserve” to be sold by the LaLiga giants.

The Spaniard joined AS Roma in January but believes he merited further first-team chances at Camp Nou having previously declined multiple offers to depart.

“For me, it was a surprise that they decided to dispense with me,” the 22-year-old told EFE. “I consider that I didn’t deserve that.

MORE READING!  Tottenham set to sign £15m Hojbjerg

“Ever since the ‘cadete’ team (around the age of 16), I had offers to leave Barca, some of them from England.

“And even when I was at Barca B, I had offers from LaLiga teams and I always said ‘no’ because I wanted to get to the first team.

“Later, I had opportunities and I think I took advantage of them as much as I could. In fact, I even earned a contract as a player in the first team.”

MORE READING!  Leon Balogun produces man-of-the-match display in Rangers' debut
Continue Reading




Trending