Connect with us

General

‘Hundreds’ of young transgender people regret decision, seeking help to return to original sex

Published

transgender people

Hundreds of young transgender people are regretting their decision to change their sex as they are now seeking help to return to their original sex, a woman who is setting up a charity has told Sky News.

Charlie Evans, 28, was born female but identified as male for nearly 10 years before detransitioning.

Sky reports that the number of young people seeking gender transition is at an all-time high but very little is heard about those who may come to regret their decision.

There is currently no data to reflect the number who may be unhappy in their new gender or who may opt to detransition to their biological sex.

Charlie detransitioned and went public with her story last year – and said she was stunned by the number of people she discovered in a similar position.

“I’m in communication with 19 and 20-year-olds who have had full gender reassignment surgery who wish they hadn’t, and their dysphoria hasn’t been relieved, they don’t feel better for it,” she says.

Charlie says she has been contacted by “hundreds” of people seeking help – 30 people alone in her area of Newcastle, United Kingdom.

“I think some of the common characteristics are that they tend to be around their mid-20s, they’re mostly female and mostly same-sex attracted, and often autistic as well.”

She recalls being approached by a young girl with a beard who hugged her after giving a public talk, who explained she was a destransitioned woman too.

“She said she felt shunned by the LGBT community for being a traitor. So I felt I had to do something.”

Charlie is now launching a charity called The Detransition Advocacy Network

MORE READING!  We rigged the election in 2016 for Akeredolu, former Ondo SSG alleges

Sky News spoke with one person who has contacted Charlie’s network for help but does not want her name mentioned.

Ruby (not real name) is now 21 but first began identifying as male at 13.

After taking testosterone her voice got a lot deeper, she grew facial hair and her body changed.

MORE READING!  Birth control: Baby born holding mother's contraceptive coil (Photos)

She had been planning to have surgery to remove her breasts this summer.

READ ALSO: How is my hair Nigeria’s problem? Musician asks after SARS operatives gave him clean shave [Photos]

However, in May, Ruby voiced the growing doubts she had been harbouring and made the decision to come off testosterone and detransition to identify as female.

“I didn’t think any change was going to be enough in the end and I thought it was better to work on changing how I felt about myself, than changing my body,” says Ruby.

“I’ve seen similarities in the way I experience gender dysphoria, in the way I experience other body image issues.”

Ruby explains she has also had an eating disorder but she does not feel that issue was explored in the therapy sessions she had when she went to gender identity services.

MORE READING!  Fire guts Oloje market, Ilorin

General

Sokoto Govt awards N11bn flyovers, road contracts

Published

on

The Sokoto State Government on Wednesday approved N11 billion contracts for the construction of two dual carriage roads, flyover bridges, and township roads to ease traffic congestion and pave way for expansion in the metropolis.

Addressing newsmen after the state Executive Council meeting in Sokoto, the Commissioner for Information, Alhaji Isah Bajini-Galadanchi, said the approvals were made in recognition of public needs.

Bajini-Galadanci led the Commissioners for Land and Housing, Alhaji Bello Gwiwa; Finance, Alhaji Abdusamad Dasuki; and Health, Dr. Ali Inname, at the briefing.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: Kwara records 16 fresh cases, discharges four patients

He said the flyovers would be constructed at Dandima round-about along Runjin Sambo road and Rijiyar Dorowa round-about which are densely populated areas and witnessing traffic holdups daily.

According to him, the Dandima flyover will cost N3.4 billion while Rijiyar Dorawa will cost N3.5 billion, and both have 24 months completion period.

MORE READING!  July 8 flight resumption: No compliance with protocols, no permit, NCAA DG tells airlines

He added that the council approved the contract to transform Illela road to a dual-carriage road with a bridge on Rima river; awarded at N2.9 billion.

Bajini-Galadanci said another dual-carriage road contract was approved at N909 million for construction of Waziri Abbas road to Unguwar Rogo and Nakasari areas.

He said the dualization of Maituta road was also approved at the sum of N228 million, noting that the road projects have 18 months, 17 months, and five months completion dates, respectively.

MORE READING!  Birth control: Baby born holding mother's contraceptive coil (Photos)

Speaking on the projects, the commissioner for finance said the council gave his ministry mandate on preparing all relevant documents and immediately mobilize the contractors to sites.

Dasuki assured that all contractors would be on-site in the next two weeks.

Continue Reading

General

COVID-19: Adamawa Govt fixes Aug. 4 for schools’ resumption

Published

on

The Adamawa Government has fixed Aug. 4, 2020, as the resumption date for students in primary six, as well as Junior  Secondary Schools (JSS) and Senior Secondary Schools (SSS) students that will be writing their terminal examinations.

This is contained in a statement signed by the State Commissioner for Education and Human Capital, Mrs. Wilbina Jackson, and made available to newsmen on Wednesday in Yola.

Jackson in the statement said,  “In spite of the COVID-19 pandemic the ministry wishes to inform parents and relevant stakeholders that  education must strive under all conditions.

“Gov. Ahmadu Fintiri has directed that the resumption date for the  2019/2020  Academic session in the state for the existing students in Primary six, JSS3  and SSS3 is Aug. 4, 2020.

“Subsequently, resumption is to be observed strictly within the necessary COVID-19 preventive guidelines as outlined by the  NCDC,” she said.

She listed the guidelines to include:  frequent and proper handwashing with soap or rubbing of hands with alcohol-based sanitizer, use of face masks, and maintaining physical and social distancing.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Buhari suspends Magu as EFCC acting chairman

“And in view of that, the ministry will liaise with critical stakeholders for smooth resumption,” Jackson said.

She called on traditional rulers, religious leaders, and other stakeholders to educate their wards and communities over the development.

The commissioner also advised proprietors of private schools to liaise with the ministry for guidance and direction before opening their schools.

MORE READING!  CAC Pastor impregnates, aborts multiple times for 19-year-old daughter
Continue Reading

General

20-Year-Old Wife Finally reveals why she cut off husband’s Manhood in Taraba

Published

on

A 20-year-old woman,  Mrs. Halima Aliyu has been paraded for allegedly cutting off her husband’s genital over infidelity.
She was paraded on Wednesday by the Taraba State Police Command.
When asked during the parade, the lady told policemen that she cut the man’s private part because he has been unfaithful in their marriage.
Parading the suspect in Jalingo, the state capital, Public Relations Officer of the Command, DSP David Misal, disclosed that Mrs. Aliyu on July 1 cut off the private part of her husband, Umar Aliyu with a knife after a row a day before the incident.
He said the suspect would be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.
Speaking in an interview with the suspect at the Police Headquarters in Jalingo, Mrs. Halima Aliyu said she decided to cut off her husband’s genital due to anger and constant quarrels over unfaithfulness.
“He knows I am a hot-tempered lady. Since we got married, it has always been one quarrel or another, people have always tried to settle the fights without success.
 
“When I got the information that he was cheating on me, the devil entered into my heart and I cut off his genitals. We have four children already. I am calling on women not to be too hot-tempered,” she said.
Also paraded at the police command were six kidnappers, one Facebook account hacker, and a job scammer, as well as some suspected armed robbers who the PPRO said, would soon be charged to court.
MORE READING!  Covid-19: Kwara records 16 fresh cases, discharges four patients
Continue Reading




Trending