Connect with us

Sports

I’m used to knocking out guys, Anthony Joshua says after beating Andy Ruiz

Published

Anthony Joshua

World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua has said he is used to knocking out his opponents.

Joshua stated this after beating Andy Ruiz Jr in a rematch in Saudi Arabia on Saturday night to reclaim the heavyweight titles he lost to Ruiz in June.

He won by a unanimous decision from the judges who ruled 118-110, 118-110 and 119-109.

“First of all, I want to thank God. I want to say, man, the first time was so nice, I had to do it twicem,” Joshua said.

“A man like me don’t make no excuses, I’m used to knocking out guys.

“I said to myself I was going to correct myself. The sweet science of this sport is hitting and not getting caught. I’m hungry and I’m humble. Thank you to Andrew Ruiz and his family,” he added

While Joshua was speaking, Ruiz grabbed the mic and said:

“Who wants to see a third fight?”

Joshua replies:

“If you’ve heard, you’ll see a third.”

Ruiz, however, admitted that he was too heavy for the fight.

“I was chasing him too much, hesitating too much,” he says.

MORE READING!  Lionel Messi ‘to be offered four-year deal worth a staggering £235m’ by Inter Milan

Sports

Santi Cazorla reacts as Arsenal defeats Chelsea to win FA Cup

Published

on

Former Arsenal midfielder, Santi Cazorla has congratulated the Gunners for winning this year’s FA Cup final.

Arsenal beat London rivals Chelsea 2-1 at an empty Wembley Stadium on Saturday to lift the FA Cup.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was the star of the show with two goals, cancelling out Christian Pulisic’s opener for Frank Lampard’s side.

MORE READING!  Arsenal vs Chelsea: Owen predicts winner of FA Cup final clash

Cazorla took to their official Instagram handle on Sunday, to hail Arsenal’s achievement.

“Well done boys, one more for all of you,” Cazorla posted alongside a picture of Arsenal squad including the club coaches celebrating.

Cazorla and Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta were former teammates at Arsenal.

The 35-year-old played his last game for Villarreal last month.

MORE READING!  Lionel Messi ‘to be offered four-year deal worth a staggering £235m’ by Inter Milan
Continue Reading

Sports

Lewis Hamilton wins British Grand Prix despite puncture on final lap

Published

on

Lewis Hamilton has won the British Grand Prix for the seventh time in his career but endured a nervy end to the race at Silverstone after his car suffered a puncture on the final lap.

Hamilton’s Mercedes limped across the finish line with a puncture to the front left tyre, while Max Verstappen, who finished second and was forced to pit for the fastest lap of the race, did not have enough time to close the gap.

MORE READING!  Former FIFA President Blatter calls for Infantino’s suspension

Hamilton had been having a smooth race despite two other Mercedes drivers experiencing punctured tyres, until he too suffered a puncture, this time heading down the back straight towards Brooklands.

Then it was a question of whether he could finish the remainder of the lap – more than half of it – before Verstappen caught him.

MORE READING!  FIFA reacts as Arsenal defeat Chelsea to win FA Cup

Hamilton speaking to reporters after the win said in relief: “That was close.”

“Up until the last lap, everything was relatively smooth sailing.

“The tyres felt great. Valtteri was really pushing incredibly hard and I was doing some management of that tyre and he looked like he wasn’t doing any.

See photos below:

MORE READING!  Joe Aribo wins Young Player Of The Year Award

Continue Reading

Sports

Australia’s Kyrgios withdraws from U.S. Open

Published

on

Australia’s Nick Kyrgios has withdrawn from the U.S. Open and again criticised some of his fellow professionals for their decisions to ignore health advice during the coronavirus pandemic.

Kyrgios follows compatriot and women’s world number one Ash Barty, who withdrew from the Aug. 31-Sept. 13 tournament earlier this week.

“I will not be playing this year at the U.S. Open,” Kyrgios said in a video on social media on Sunday.

“It hurts me at my core not to be out there competing in one of the sport’s greatest arenas, Arthur Ashe Stadium.

“But I’m sitting out for the people, for my Aussies, for the hundreds and thousands of Americans that have lost their lives, for all of you. It’s my decision.”

Kyrgios had no problems with the USTA scheduling the tournament or players competing if they chose, “so long as everyone acts appropriately and acts safely”.

The 25-year-old said he recognised that lower-wage employees at the event, such as restaurant staff, cleaners and locker room attendants, needed the tournament to take place.

MORE READING!  Arsenal vs Chelsea: Owen predicts winner of FA Cup final clash

The world number 40, however, also took another shot at some of his fellow players, with whom he has been involved in a running battle over the last two months after they chose to play in a Novak Djokovic-organised exhibition event in Europe.

Djokovic, Borna Coric, Grigor Dimitrov and Victor Troicki all tested positive for COVID-19 during the event, which was hastily cancelled.

“Tennis players, you have to act in the interest of each other and work together,” Kyrgios added.

“You can’t be dancing on tables, money grabbing your way around Europe or trying to make a quick buck hosting an exhibition. That’s just so selfish.

“Think of the other people for once, that is what this virus is about.”

 

MORE READING!  Santi Cazorla reacts as Arsenal defeats Chelsea to win FA Cup

 

 

 

 

 

Reuters

Continue Reading




Trending