Connect with us

News

IPOB bans Buhari, Buratai from travelling outside Nigeria

Published

The Indigenous People of Biafra [IPOB] has banned President Muhammadu Buhari from travelling outside the country, Igbere TV reports.

The group also placed a similar ban on Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, Nigeria’s Chief of Army staff, from any foreign trip.

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the IPOB, announced the ban during a live broadcast on Radio Biafra monitored by Igbere TV, on Sunday.

He lampooned the two leaders for launching ‘Operation Python Dance’ against “armless” Biafran agitators in the South East, during which many IPOB members were reportedly killed.

“Any day you see Jubril aka Buhari or Buratai anywhere outside Nigeria, they will understand the meaning of anger”, Kanu stated.

The ‘Operation Python Dance’ was launched by the army in the South East in 2016 in the wake of protests by IPOB members who were demanding secession from Nigeria.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Akeredolu tests negative for Covid-19

During the ‘Operation Python Dance’, the Nigerian army raided Umuahia, Abia State, the home town of the leader of the IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, reports Igbere TV.

Meanwhile, Igbere TV had earlier reported that the IPOB has placed a N1 million bounty on four governors in the South East region.

The affected governors include Dave Umahi (Ebonyi), Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu), Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia) and Willie Obiano (Anambra).

MORE READING!  Former LASIMRA boss, Odekunle dies of Covid-19

The announcement comes barely 24 hours after Senator Ike Ekweremadu, immediate past Deputy Senate President, was attacked by members of IPOB in Germany, on Saturday.

Kanu had earlier praised the act of his members, while sending a strong note of warning to the governors and Chief Nnia Nwodo, President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

MORE READING!  Buhari’s presidency is deaf, dumb – Fayose blasts Adesina

News

Woman attempts suicide in Anambra

Published

on

A middle-aged woman has reportedly attempted suicide over undisclosed marital challenges in Nnewi area of Anambra state.

The victim whose name was given on her Facebook page as Ifeoma Obiora had in two separate posts claimed she was contemplating taking her life in order to be far from her troubles.

She also said her problem was compounded as nobody was willing to hear her out or do anything about her plights.

MORE READING!  Panic as NCDC official supervising COVID-19 response in zamfara dies of the disease

She said, “In these moments before my departure, I feel more clarity than I have ever felt in my dull life. In one minute, I will be free from the voices, from the pain, and from you.”

“Nobody listened. Nobody cared.”

Reacting, Police spokesperson, Haruna Mohammed said preliminary findings by the Police who had established contact with her showed she was in a troubled marriage and was seeking a divorce.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Akeredolu names Oluwatuyi new Ondo SSG

He said her challenges were civil but the Command had invited the couple for counseling.

He said, “The Area Commander Nnewi has gotten her. She has a family problem and was seeking for a divorce

Continue Reading

News

17 killed as troops overrun B’Haram ambush in Borno

Published

on

No fewer than 17 Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters were killed and several others wounded when troops of 25 Task Force Brigade deployed at Damboa in conjunction with elements of Sector 2 Special Forces overran the terrorists’ ambush along Damboa -Maiduguri Road in Borno State.

John Enenche, Coordinator, Defence Media Operations (DMO), who disclosed this on Wednesday in Abuja, said 17 terrorists were also killed in the attack.

The Coordinator said the troops of 25 Task Force Brigade deployed at Damboa in conjunction with elements of Sector 2 Special Forces while on clearance operations along Damboa -Maiduguri Road on Tuesday, 7 July, encountered the Boko Haram ambush team along their axis of advance.

“Instinctively, the valiant troops outflanked and engaged the criminals with an overwhelming volume of firepower forcing them to withdraw in disarray.

“In the aftermath of the encounter, 17 Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province criminals were neutralized as several others were believed to have narrowly escaped with varying degrees of gunshot wounds while a cache of arms and ammunition were equally captured by the gallant troops.

“Regrettably, 2 valiant soldiers paid the supreme price while 4 others were wounded in action. However, the wounded in action soldiers have been evacuated to a military medical facility and currently responding positively to treatment”, he said.

Enenche further informed that the Theatre Commander Operation Lafiya Dole has been directed to immediately deploy a Special Forces Battalion to reinforce and dominate Damboa – Bulabulin – Maiduguri axis to completely deny the terrorists any chance of escape during the final assault against the criminals.

MORE READING!  Former LASIMRA boss, Odekunle dies of Covid-19

Relatedly, the coordinator also disclosed that the troops of Sector 3 and Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation Lafiya Dole have killed several terrorists who attempted to breach Gubio Town in the Northern part of Borno State.

He said a gun truck was destroyed by the combined efforts of the land and air forces during the attack.

“During the encounter, a Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft, and fighter jets were scrambled to the location. The ISR aircraft spotted the terrorists in their gun trucks and vectored the jets to engage them, neutralizing one of the gun trucks and its occupants.

“The ISR aircraft continued to provide situational awareness as the ground troops engaged the terrorists on the ground, inflicting further casualties on the terrorists”, the coordinator said.

Continue Reading

News

Three Nigerian girls trafficked to Lebanon cry out for help as they are about to be sold online

Published

on

The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) have been called upon to rescue three Nigerian ladies who were trafficked to Lebanon about to be sold in an online auction.

A twitter user, Adekola Damilola raised the alarm on the social media platform said the ladies were trafficked and about to be sold by their boss in Lebanon.

MORE READING!  Buhari’s presidency is deaf, dumb – Fayose blasts Adesina

The ladies claimed that they are about to be sold by their boss and therefore called on Nigerian authorities to come to their aid.

In her reaction, the Chairman of Nigerians in the Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), Abike Dabiri-Erewa tweeted that her agency has forwarded the video to NAPTIP, the agency in charge of trafficking to trace them and expressed optimism that they will be located.

Continue Reading




Trending