Connect with us

Sports

It’ll be best for everyone if he leaves tomorrow, Zidane’s comment on Bale’s future at Madrid irks Twitter users [Video]

Published

Zidane's Madrid Bale's

The cloud of doubt surrounding Gareth Bale’s future at the Santiago Bernabéu became clear last night following Zinedine Zidane’s comment at a post-match press briefing in Houston, United States.

Zidane revealed the Real Madrid are in talks with an unnamed club about Bale’s imminent transfer from the Spanish club.

The Wales international joined Real from Tottenham Hotspur for a then world-record £85.3 million fee in 2013 and, despite being hit by a series of injuries, he has helped the club win four Champions League titles and LaLiga.

However, he has not been enjoying a good relationship with Zidane since the Frenchman returned to Madrid a few months ago, fuelling speculations that he might not be needed on the team in the next season, with the likes of Manchester United, Tottenham, Bayern and Internazionale among the clubs having been linked with him.

Zidane, however, confirmed that Bale was left out of Madrid’s matchday squad to face Bayern Munich in the International Champions Cup in Houston on Saturday night because “the club is working on his departure”.

Zizou, whose side were beaten 3-1 by Bayern, also said he hopes a deal for Bale can be struck soon “for everyone’s sake”.

He said:

He wasn’t included in the squad because the club is working on his departure and that’s why he didn’t play. We’ll have to see what happens in the coming days. We’ll have to see if it goes through tomorrow, if it does then all the better. Let’s hope, for everyone’s sake, that it happens soon. The club is dealing with the club that he’ll move to.

“We have to make decisions and change things, that’s all there is to it.

“You’re aware of the situation and there’ll be a change to it. I don’t know if this will happen in 24 or 48 hours’ time. The situation will change and it’s for the best for everyone. That’s how things go.”

His comment sparked outrage on micro-blogging site Twitter as many football fans believe the Spanish club is not treating Bale with enough respect after helping the club to win several trophies.

MORE READING!  Iheanacho scores again as Vardy hits 100th EPL goal

READ ALSO: Google celebrates Buchi Emecheta’s 75th posthumous birthday in new doodle

Fans are attacking Zidane over the comment and Bale, Zidane, Zizou are presenting trending at the top spot of Twitter Nigeria.

Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett has also slammed the Madrid head coach over his comment.

He said

“Zidane is a disgrace. He shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid.”

The agent was then asked if the player is on his way out of Real Madrid.

“We are working on it,” Barnett said.

 

See the video:

 

 

See some of the reactions:

 

 

 

 

Sports

Victor Osimhen: Why Super Eagles star is yet to sign N6.5 billion Napoli deal- Agent

Published

on

Lille and Nigeria striker, Victor Osimhen is set to make a decision about a potential move to Napoli this week after meeting Napoli club officials, his agent Osita Okolo has revealed.

The Nigeria international has been heavily linked with transfers across Europe after his outstanding debut campaign in France that earned him the award for the best African player in Ligue 1 this year.

Napoli is reportedly trying to close the deal with Victor Osimhen in the next few days, as respected Italian journalist Nicolò Schira reports that LOSC forward Osimhen has been offered a five-year deal worth €3m (N1.3b) a year totalling (N6.5b) for five years plus add-ons at the San Paolo.

MORE READING!  AFCON 2022: Lazarus wants Super Eagles call up

Osimhen, who scored 18 goals in his first season at Lille, was in Italy last week to meet Napoli’s coach Genarro Gattuso and club president De Laurentiis. He also arrived the city to receive the club’s transfer offer and tour the city, however, his agent has disclosed that the final decision will be made by the player this week.

“Victor went to Naples with his representatives. We talked and exchanged views on the city: the impressions were good, to tell you the truth,” Okolo told Calcio Napoli 24 .

“Victor isn’t always shy, although he would’ve preferred to make an important decision with less media exposure.

“After meeting De Laurentiis, Giuntoli and Gattuso, he told me he needed some time to make a decision, without any pressure.

“Later this week he’ll drop his concerns and confirm his decision, whether he decides to accept Napoli’s offer or not.”

READ ALSO: Tottenham vs Everton: I have no interest in winning the ‘Fair Play Cup’- Mourinho

Okolo claimed Gattuso has assured the 21-year-old of his faith in him as a starter at the club.

“We’re waiting. [His decision] may come not long after today. The coach made him feel wanted. He believes a lot in [Osimhen’s] ability and what he can do,” he continued.

“Victor told me there was an agreement on everything but that there was still a couple more things to iron out before the final decision: the announcement should be made by tomorrow.

“I think it’s important for him to have a starting place, to grow further, even if there are no guarantees in the world of football.

“At Wolfsburg they promised him several things, then they moved the goalposts. Victor doesn’t want to get this decision wrong.

“I think Napoli would be the right place for him to grow, but he has the final say.”

Continue Reading

Sports

Tottenham vs Everton: I have no interest in winning the ‘Fair Play Cup’- Mourinho

Published

on

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho, has said he has no interest in winning the “Fair Play Cup”.

This follows the on-field spat between goalkeeper, Hugo Lloris and Heung-Min Son at the end of the first half of their 1-0 win over Everton on Monday.

Mourinho said the fight should have happened in the dressing room rather than on the pitch, but that was where his disapproval ended.

MORE READING!  Iheanacho scores again as Vardy hits 100th EPL goal

READ ALSO: Arsenal vs Leicester: Arteta to use Lacazette in swap deal for Partey

“A team of good boys, a team of nice boys, the only thing they can win at the end of the season is the Fair Play Cup. Something I have never won and have no interest in winning that.

“You have to have certain characteristics. I don’t like a team without communication in a critical way.

“What happened should not happen on the pitch, it should happen inside the dressing room, but I promise you my winning teams we had big fights, big fights in the team,” Mourinho told Sky Sports.

Lloris exchanged angry words with Son at the break, with the two players needing to be separated by Giovani Lo Celso, as the captain continued to criticize his team-mate for failing to track an Everton run just before the interval.

MORE READING!  EPL: Why Man City lost 1-0 to Southampton – Guardiola
Continue Reading

Sports

Arsenal vs Leicester: Arteta to use Lacazette in swap deal for Partey

Published

on

Arsenal could use Alexandre Lacazette in a swap deal for their top target, Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey.

Lacazette has two more years left on his current contract with the Gunners, but manager Mikel Arteta has preferred Eddie Nketiah for some games since the restart.

Arteta’s priority this summer remains to extend Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s deal while strengthening his midfield ahead of next season.

MORE READING!  Mikel, Oliseh excluded from Ancelotti's best 11

Partey has been strongly linked with Arsenal and the Ghanaian is believed to be interested in a move to the Emirates.

Atletico Madrid are also keen to land Lacazette in part-exchange for Partey, according to L’Equipe.

Juventus and Milan are monitoring the 29-year-old’s situation at the Emirates, but Arteta will be keen for him to join the LaLiga side and facilitate Partey’s arrival.

MORE READING!  Murder/suicide: LASTMA official kills lover, self over alleged infidelity
Continue Reading




Trending