Connect with us

Metro

JUST IN: Temitope Arowolo, 28 others arrive Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport from Lebanon

Published

Abike Dabiri-Erewa

A Nigerian woman, Temitope Arowolo, on trial in Lebanon for allegedly stealing her employer’s $5,000 and also attempting to kill him arrived in Nigeria on Sunday afternoon after the Federal Government secured her unconditional release from the Asian country’s government.

31-year-old Arowolo arrived at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport on Saturday afternoon alongside 27 other women evacuated from Lebanon.

They were received by officials of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons and the House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora Affairs, among others.

MORE READING!  OPPO Mobile partners with Tacha, unveils new OPPO A92

Arowolo, who was being prosecuted in Lebanon over alleged theft and attempted murder, told newsmen Lebanon was hell for her.

She advised Nigerians, especially girls, who embark on trips in search of greener pastures outside Nigeria to be cautious.

The House committee had on Thursday met with the Lebanese Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Houssam Diab, during which an agreement was reached on the extradition of Arowolo along with other stranded Nigerians in the country.

MORE READING!  Jilted lover commits suicide in Rivers

After the closed-door meeting also attended by the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Mr Zubairu Dada, Chairman of the House Committee on Diaspora Affairs, Mrs Tolulope Akande-Sadipe, had disclosed that Arowolo would be brought back to Nigeria.

Arowolo’s employer had accused her of stealing $5,000 and attempting to kill him. Her prosecution in court had been stalled as the accusers failed to show up, while she was granted bail.

MORE READING!  Nobel Peace Prize Winner, John Hume, dies at 83

The committee had, however, said it was established that Arowolo suffered abuse and sexual harassment from the husband of her employer, Mahmoud Zahran, during her sojourn in Lebanon.

Metro

I was famous in Akure before my wife hypnotised me into marrying her – man tells court

Published

on

A Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan, Oyo State, on Tuesday dissolved a three-year marriage between a caterer and mother of one, Bukola Obadipe, and her husband, Ayodeji, over deception and laziness.

Bukola, who lived at Alakia-Airport area, had petitioned the Customary Court to dissolve her marriage. Testifying before Chief Ademola Odunade, the court’s President, she said that her spouse had no milk of human kindness in him because he often went out to eat outside without making provisions for her and their child.

“Ayodeji promised me heaven and earth before I eventually married him, but tortured me with starvation and irresponsibility.

“Then, I decided to work harder for our mutual upliftment and survival. However, I noticed that he kept undermining all my effort by just feeding fat on my little earnings and refusing to work.

“If I got him a job, Ayodeji would not work but chose to play around, return home to eat and sleep.

“In fact, he never did anything when I became pregnant until when surgery was performed on me during delivery.

“Ayodeji prefers to follow politicians around for crumbs and tell lies against me,” Bukola said.

The respondent consented to the suit, but could not deny most of the allegations levelled against him.

MORE READING!  Burger king employee murdered over delayed order

Instead, Ayodeji who resides at Oke-Itunun area raised new issues as to why he wanted the court to dissolve the marriage.

“My lord, Bukola has completely ruined my life since I came across her.

“I was a famous Fashion Designer in Akure and tailoring was so profitable for me before Bukola brought bad luck to my business and life.

“I wooed her on Facebook and the first time she visited me in Akure we had sexual intercourse together and that was the last straw that broke my camel’s back spiritually.

“Bukola hypnotised me into marrying her and I unconsciously followed her to Ibadan where I became jobless and started washing her wears for her.

“She made me abandon my tailoring profession and took me to a lonely place in Ibadan where she turned me to a peasant farmer.

“The only hope I have now is the only child we had together, her father himself described her as a devil incarnate,” Ayodeji explained.

The Court’s President pronounced the marriage dissolved in the interest of peaceful living.

MORE READING!  We do surgeries using flashlights of mobile phones, NAGGMDP chair in Ekiti reveals

He awarded custody of the only child in the marriage to the petitioner and directed the respondent to pay N4,000 as the child’s monthly feeding allowance in addition to paying her school fees and other welfare.

The court president advised young men and women to be mindful of where and how they come about their lovers. (NAN)

MORE READING!  OPPO Mobile partners with Tacha, unveils new OPPO A92
Continue Reading

Metro

I got their father’s permission, says 28-year-old man accused of raping, impregnating two teenagers

Published

on

A 28-year-old man accused of raping and impregnating two teenagers – who are siblings – has told the police he committed the act with their father’s permission.

WuzupNigeria gathered that the suspect, one  Nduka Anyanwu, had been having carnal knowledge of the girls, 13 and 17 years old, since they were in primary school.

MORE READING!  We do surgeries using flashlights of mobile phones, NAGGMDP chair in Ekiti reveals

He was, however, arrested, on Monday, by the Ikotun Police Division of the Lagos State Command, after a pregnancy test that the girls’ mother insisted must be done on them showed they were pregnant.

During interrogation, Anyanwu reportedly said he engaged the sisters in sex with the permission of their father, Christian Onyechi.

MORE READING!  BUSTED! Covid-19 task force officials apprehended while allegedly raping girl for not wearing face mask

The girls’ father was understood to have been arrested.

Efforts to get confirmation proved abortive as the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer [PPRO], Bala Elkana, did not pick calls put through to him just as he did not reply a message sent to him.

Continue Reading

Metro

BUSTED! Covid-19 task force officials apprehended while allegedly raping girl for not wearing face mask

Published

on

Some Covid-19 task force officials were recently apprehended in Anambra state while allegedly raping a girl for not wearing a face mask.

According to social media reports, the task force officials were nabbed while allegedly sexually molesting a girl they accused of flouting the Covid-19 protocol.

The task force officials were accused of taking advantage of the girl in their vehicle at Nkpor community of the state. The incident which attracted the attention of some residents of the community led to the destruction of some parts of their vehicle.

MORE READING!  Angry side chick logs into her married lover’s Facebook account, posts his family picture with ‘RIP’

The information was shared on Facebook by, Chinedu Saint Bede Onwuka who wrote;

“Suspected members of Anambra covid-19 task force were caught molesting and a having carnal knowledge of a young girl inside their vehicle at Nkpor – whom they claimed flouted the law mandating the wear of Facemask in the State.”

See Post below;

MORE READING!  We do surgeries using flashlights of mobile phones, NAGGMDP chair in Ekiti reveals

 

Recall that, a 32-year-old widow in Rivers state alleged that policemen attached to the Sakpenwa Police Division, Tai Local Government Area, arrested her on Tuesday, July 28, for not wearing a face mask, then took her to a guest house where one of them raped her at gunpoint.

She narrated:

“I was returning from Bori to Port Harcourt when I met some police officers at a checkpoint. They arrested me for not wearing nose mask. They kept me long there with them.

“Thereafter they carried me from one place to the other, claiming they want to take me to the police station but never took me to any police station.

“After some time, they took me to a guest house where one of them raped me till dawn. His name is Inspector Peter Iba of Sakpenwa Police Station.”

Continue Reading




Trending