Connect with us

Nigeria Update

Kogi rejects NCDC’s claim of recording COVID-19 cases in the state

Published

The Kogi state government has rejected the new data from the Nigeria Center for Disease Center NCDC that states that two confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in the state.

The NCDC in its data released for Wednesday, May 27, said two cases of Coronavirus have been recorded in the state that was hitherto free of the disease.

MORE READING!  Social distancing breached at Ondo commissioner's burial who died from COVID-19 (photos)

However, in a statement released this morning, the Kogi State Commissioner of Health, Saka Haruna Audu, said the state government has developed “full testing capacity” and “conducted hundreds of tests” which have come back negative.

The government says they would not be a party to any ”fictitious COVID-19 claims”

“Kogi State till this very moment is Covid-19 free. We have developed full testing capacity and have conducted hundreds of tests so far which have come back negative.

“We have also continued to insist that we will not be a party to any fictitious COVID-19 claims which is why we do not recognise any COVID-19 test conducted by any Kogite outside the boundaries of the State except those initiated by us.

“Any attempt to force us to announce a case of COVID-19 will be vehemently rejected.” he said

The commissioner asked residents of the state to continue to take all necessary precautions to prevent a spread of the disease.

MORE READING!  UNIZIK late provost treated self for COVID-19 - Anambra govt

Nigeria Update

Dave Umahi, aides test positive for COVID-19

Published

on

Governor Dave Uamahi of Ebonyi State has tested positive for the novel Coronavirus. The Governor confirmed this in a statement personally signed by him on Saturday, July 4.

According to the governor, he and some of his aides had the test carried out on them and the result came back positive. He said presently they are not showing any symptoms but have since gone into isolation in line with protocols laid down by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

MORE READING!  Saraki's ex-aide installed Monarch in Ondo

He has asked the Deputy Governor, Kelechi Igwe, to take over the frontline coordination of the state’s fight against the pandemic to protect Ebonyi people.

He appealed to residents of the state to take the NCDC protocols more seriously while stating that he’s working from home and will conduct all meetings virtually.

MORE READING!  Again, Yahaya Bello loses aide

Ebonyi state currently has 438 confirmed cases of the viral disease. 357 persons have been successfully treated while three have died.

Continue Reading

Nigeria Update

Gov. Ortom’s wife, son test positive for COVID-19

Published

on

Benue: I don't regret revealing the identity of the Covid-19 index case- Ortom

Benue state governor’s wife and son have tested positive for Coronavirus.

Mrs Eunice Ortom who announced this to newsmen on Friday, July 3, said she, their son, and some of her staff tested positive for the virus and have immediately gone into isolation.

“Few moments ago this evening, I received my result from the tests earlier carried out on me by NCDC personnel on routine screening at Government House, Makurdi, which returned that I, my son, and some staff are COVID-19 positive,” she said in a statement.

“We have from this moment, gone into total isolation as required by the protocol and would immediately begin the management treatment as advised by medical experts.

“While I have taken the responsibility to personally call everyone I can recall to have had recent contact with me to go for testing, I advise everyone who has had close contact with me in the last 2 weeks and the public to go for screening and testing.

“I wish to reiterate that being COVID-19 positive is not a death sentence as evident by the many recoveries recorded thus far, so there is no need to panic, but we should continue to be responsible in our actions so as to keep others safe. I am encouraging people to take preventive measures to be protected and be safe by observing the primary protocols. Stay safe!! COVID-19 is real.”

“The development comes after Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, wife of the Ondo governor, tested positive for COVID-19.” she said

Benue state currently has 97 confirmed cases of the viral disease.

MORE READING!  Ondo Health Commissioner dies of COVID-19
Continue Reading

General

Covid-19: 20 patients discharged in Abuja

Published

on

No fewer than twenty (20) COVID-19 patients have been discharged from the Isolation Centres in the FCT.

The Federal Capital Territory Authority, FCTA, disclosed this in a tweet via its Twitter handle on Friday night.

The Administration explained that the patients were cleared to reunite with their families following their successful treatment.

MORE READING!  UNIZIK late provost treated self for COVID-19 - Anambra govt

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Lagos to charge face mask defaulters to court

The tweet reads:

“On July 2nd, 20 #COVID19 patients were discharged from the Isolation Centres in the FCT following their successful treatment. They have now been reunited with their families.

“The total number of discharged patients in the FCT is now 459.”

Meanwhile, the number of COVID-19 cases in Nigeria is 27,564, according to the NCDC.

MORE READING!  Big Brother Naija season five housemates begin quarantine
Continue Reading




Trending