Connect with us

General

Lady reveals how Rats almost caused gas explosion in her house (video)

Published

A Nigerian lady has taken to social media to reveal how rats in her home almost caused a cooking gas explosion.

In her narration, the lady identified as @missyposhkitchen on Instagram revealed that the content of her gas cylinder was getting drained, earlier than usual and she was wondering what the problem could be, not until when her technician discovered that rats had been chipping on the pipe that connects the cylinder to the burner.

MORE READING!  Magu: Osinbajo didn’t accept N4bn, Laolu Akandesays

The lady went on to advise people to always check for a gas leak before cooking so as to avoid an explosion.

She wrote:

“This is a great testimony! I noticed my gas has been using few days to finish over 2months. I’ve been worried what has been causing the gas to finish under few days gas that used to last 3weeks to 1month started using 1week. So today i called engineer to check this and when he brought out the gas to check the back we found out rat has eaten the pipe of the gas🙆‍♂️😱😳 and I’ve been cooking with it like that over 2months

My advice to everyone out there always check your gas properly before starting to cook everyday it is very important. Never feel lazy to use few seconds to check the pipe connector before cooking.

I’m a living testimony🙆‍♂️🙏 some is not up to this and exploded. Alhamdulilahi”

 

MORE READING!  Sterling scores hat-trick as Man City overrun Brighton 5-0 at Amex Stadium

Watch the video below;

 

General

Finally, Trump wears a mask in public

Published

on

 U.S. President Donald Trump surprised the world by wearing a mask in public for the first time since the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Trump had previously refused to wear masks in public, although he had said he would if in a crowd and could not maintain physical distance from others.

He had come under sharp criticisms even from his fellow Republican Party members, who said his stance showed a lack of example or leadership.

He finally did that during a visit to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Centre outside Washington where he met wounded soldiers and frontline healthcare workers.

However, Trump did not mention the coronavirus as a reason for wearing the mask.

“I’ve never been against masks but I do believe they have a time and a place,” he said earlier before leaving the White House.

Later, he said wearing a mask was the right thing to do “when you’re in a hospital … where you’re talking to a lot of soldiers and people that, in some cases, just got off the operating tables.

“I think it’s a great thing to wear a mask,” he declared.

Public health officials and institutions have been urging people to use masks to slow the spread of the virus.

As of Friday, the disease had claimed no fewer than 134,000 lives in the U.S., which has recorded no fewer than three million infections. 

MORE READING!  Magu: Osinbajo didn’t accept N4bn, Laolu Akandesays
Continue Reading

General

NAPTIP vows to go after traffickers of Arowolo

Published

on

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has vowed to go after the traffickers who planned the trafficking of Temitope-Olamide Arowolo to the Republic of Lebanon.
Arowolo, an indigene of Oyo State, was the Nigerian lady whose video of the ordeal of enslavement went viral on social media sometime in May and June.
Arowolo had alleged that she was been manhandled and given inhuman treatment where she worked as a slave in Lebanon by her enslaver, a situation that brought on her so many allegations by her boss.
The Newsmen gathered that Arowolo’s refusal to allow the husband of her boss to sleep with her inflicted some injury on him, and she (Arowolo) was charged for attempted murder and theft by the Lebanon police.
Newsmen also gathered that Arowolo was in the custody of Lebanon police where she released her ordeal video, which later caught the attention of the Nigerian government.
NAN also gathered that the veracity of the video made the Nigerian government to contact its Lebanese counterpart, and the country Ambassador to Nigeria promised to instigate the release of the lady.
Meanwhile, while welcoming her at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, by the NAPTIP Director-General Julie Okah-Donli and other government officials, the director-general vowed to go after the traffickers.
She also said that the victim was going to be rehabilitated by the agency in its shelter and thereafter be empowered.
According to her, Arowolo will first of all be quarantined for two weeks as the law stipulated for now, and thereafter, she will be taken to the agency shelter.
“We have to counsel her and rehabilitate her and thereafter, empower her, the job of arresting her traffickers will be done after profiling her properly.
“We will counsel her and get the necessary information from her that will lead us to the arrest of her traffickers for prosecution, we will ensure justice for her, none of the traffickers will go scot-free.
“She is going to be an ambassador of NAPTIP,” the director-general said.
Arowolo, who spoke with newsmen about her ordeal in Lebanon, advised ladies to stay back in Nigeria and do whatever destiny has given them.
“Going outside there was like a hell, even not only Lebanon but what I experienced in Lebanon, I pray for my enemy not to experience that,” she said.
MORE READING!  JUST IN: Osun SSG recovers from Coronavirus
Continue Reading

General

Man rescues abandoned baby, while others were busy taking pictures (Photos)

Published

on

It’s really disheartening to know how social media has ruined the Nigerian system, all for the ‘gram’ they say, hence even when situations that require desperate attention are right before them they rather take pictures than help.

A Nigerian man who rescued a baby while others were busy taking pictures has shared a story of how social media has indeed ‘taken the soul’ of some Nigerians.

MORE READING!  Naira Marley's 'Mafo' helped me through my final year troubles, lady reveals

The man who reportedly was the Youth chairman of the area where the baby was dumped took to social media to share the event using the following caption to tell the story of how unsympathetic social media has turned Nigerians.

“Today, around 7:00 am, just got back home after I slept at the Hospital with my pregnant sick Wife.
A Friend called that there’s an abandoned Child shivering in my Community as the Secretary & Youth Chairman.

When I got there, people were busy taking pictures…

I was so furious & the next thing I could do was calling on a bike Man & took the bouncing baby Boy to the nearest government Health Care Centre for treatment & the likes.

Kudos to the Matron & d Health Workers as dey acted very fast in reviving the Child.
#DoSomethingEpic

Here are the photos of the baby, the man, and the nurses:

MORE READING!  UPDATED: Nigerian students won’t write 2020 WAEC – FG

Continue Reading




Trending