Connect with us


Lady shamefully resigns after colleague she accused of sexual harassment, prints and pastes all her texts in office


Sexual harassment

A Canadian-based Nigerian man has narrated how he was able to absolve himself from a false sexual harassment allegation levelled against him by a female colleague in the office.

The man took to his Twitter page @Carlolarenzo to share the story in a tweet that has since gone viral on the micro-blogging site.

He said he had turned down the lady’s advances severally and told her he was in a relationship but the lady who was not pleased with the rejection cooked up a sexual assault allegation against him to fight back.

MORE READING!  Nigerian Law school releases bar final results, five students bag first class, 77 second class upper

To clear his name, the Twitter user said he printed all the text messages the lady had sent to her and pasted them all over the office.

“The bitch resigned,” he said, probably when she could not stand with the humiliation.

READ ALSO: Davido deposits N36m to get customised jewelry for 30BG members [Video]

He tweeted:

He added:

“I’ve had a couple of people say I went overboard or it was too much. Until I get arrested and go to jail before they realise.”


Man homeless for four years finally becomes a house-owner, shares inspiring story



A man has inspired social media users with the story of how he made it as he showed off his newly acquired crib.

According to the man identified as @KingAtoki in his post on Twitter four years ago he used to sleep in his car and would shower in a nearby gym.

He shared a photo of himself posing in front of his crib and wrote ;

4 years ago I was homeless sleeping in my car, showering at the gym, wondering where my next meal would come from. Today I’m officially a homeowner!

He went further to narrate his journey to becoming a homeowner.

Read his lengthy narration below

So I got some time to write. About 5 years ago I was working full time at a warehouse and I was going to college full time. I had to work full time because I had to give my mom what equates to about a weeks worth of pay every two weeks at the time.

I would wake up at 7 AM and go to class until about 3 PM. I would take a 2 hour nap and go to work at 5pm and work a 12 hour shift until 5 am. Took another 2 hour nap and back to school again. It was hard but I just sucked it up

One day my manager at my job says he has to cut a few people’s hours and since I’m in school, he picked me to be on of those. I figured it was fine. I could still pay mom rent and I would be able to sleep in so yay right?

MORE READING!  Abia: Church of Satan destroyed, founder reportedly arrested

Nope. I think it might’ve been two weeks later. They start letting people go and I was one of the people that had to be let go because “I didn’t work enough hours”. I’m like ??????? But you guys cut my hours. Doesn’t matter. Jobless.

Here I am 18 years old. Only job I had was filling trucks and I’m still going to school because that’s what I was taught you have to do to make it. The problem is with no income and no parental help I lost even more.

Had to drop out of school because I couldn’t afford it anymore since I wasn’t working. (Yes I applied for literally hundreds of scholarships and got 1, but still couldn’t afford it). And I had a falling out with mom so I got kicked out.

On top of that my car gave out. It was a $1000 95 ford thunderbird and I got kicked out in November in the cold. Tried to crash on my grandmas couch. Didn’t last. Tried to stay and my girlfriends dorm. Nope her dad didn’t like that. Understandable.

So I had to stay in my car. I remember the day. I parked in front of Walmart. Freezing cold. Less than a dollar in my account. I think it was like $0.83 or something. No family. No friends. No money. Hungry. Felt like giving up. Cried. Tried to sleep.

I didn’t sleep. I was thinking about how much I hated everything. My mom, my dad, my father. My family. My job. College. My rusty car. People. But most of all myself. I told myself that my situation was an accumulation of why my life didn’t matter.

After days of contimplating ending my life I took a look in the rearview mirror and realized the only person I could truly count on was myself. Idk what it was. It was like almost looking at myself outside of myself? And it’s like I had something to fight for

MORE READING!  Watch the moment fallen tanker exploded while people were scooping fuel in Colombia (Video)

I really don’t know how to explain it but I told myself that I would fight for myself as long as I live. Maybe someone can explain it better but either way I felt like I was born again. Like a different person. I was going to grab life by the horns

After that I went to the library and applied for EVERYTHING. I mean anything. Warehouse, factory, meat packer, wedding DJ assistant, solar panel canvaser (twice), insurance agent, etc,and finally mattress sales man for a company where I had to go meet clients

My car got repoed but I saved enough doing these odd jobs that I was able to put a payment down and get another car. I did this job for a while until driving 400 miles a day started to wear on me. Eventually I applied to Mattress Firm and got the job.

I thought I was doing well for myself making 30k year. I couldn’t afford an apartment yet so I would shower at the gym next to the store and show up to work. On the days when I was the only one working the showroom I would sleep on the beds instead of my car.

Eventually I almost got caught because I overslept and one coworker decided to come in especially early so I decided I had to look for a place. Just like with the job I looked for anywhere. And I found a decent room for 550 a month.

I was doing this for a while but I wasn’t happy. I didn’t want to do this for the rest of my life, but I also couldn’t go back to school. I looked up some online schools and after a while I saw @LambdaSchool come up. It checked all the boxes

Online  no money down  structure  don’t pay back until you’re making a decent amount or you pay nothing . I thought this was perfect. The only thing is back then they only had full time. But once again I worked full time so I thought I couldn’t do it

I wanted to go so bad so I emailed the CEO @Austen. I didn’t think he would respond but he did. I never had the CEO talk to me about anything. I didn’t even know who the CEO of Mattress Firm was (still don’t) but talking to him pushed me to do it.

MORE READING!  TRAGIC! Pretty lady allegedly poisoned to death by friend after she was gifted an iPhone 11 (Photos/Video)

It wasn’t much,but if we didn’t talk I guarantee I wouldn’t be where I am now today. So I didn’t have internet at my apartment or work so I used my hotspot on my phone to attend the classes while I was working. It sucked but once again I’m doing this for me.

I kept at it through a few challenges but things were pretty smooth, plus my son came into this world. Another reason to fight and push myself. I wasn’t the best father when he was first born but I’ve corrected my mistakes and pushedmyself.

I’ll wrap this up because it’s getting quite long. After LS I went back as a teaching assistant. I wanted to help students achieve the same goals I did and get the same guidance that I wanted. I gave my all to each one of them and they know. All 100s of them

Eventually I applied to tech jobs and got my first one in Philly. I LOVED what I did. And I doubled what I made the previous year. I kept grinding and kept learning and I moved on to another job where I was making more on top of that. And didn’t stop there

So that’s most of my story. I’m ina financial position greater than I ever thought possible.I’ll end and say no matter where you are.Find that motivation to push you to do better. It doesn’t happen overnight. I’m nobody special. I just took control of my life

My goal is to show people that no matter the circumstances you can overcome it. I’m a 24 year old black man with tattoos and was homeless just 4 years ago. To now owning a $350k home on 1.24 acres. If I can do it. You definitely can. I’m proud of myself.

Continue Reading


Lack of electricity stunting industrialisation, development – Gbajabiamila



Femi Gbajabiamila

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila has said that lack of adequate electricity has been the bane of industrialisation and development in the country.

Gbajabiamila was speaking at the opening of the investigative hearing on the Power Sector on Wednesday by the House ad hoc committee on the Power Sector, headed by the Leader of the House, Rep. Alhassan Ado Doguwa.

According to the Speaker, the 9th House of Representatives is set to initiate a comprehensive review of all legislation relating to the power sector.

MORE READING!  Panic in Osun community as lightning kills seven cows

His words:

“It is no longer news that despite huge investments in the power sector, little progress may have been made.

“It is becoming increasingly, worrisome that successive governments have been unable to fix the issue of power in our country; with the current state of electricity supply apparently dampening the hopes of landmark industrialization and national development.

“The last time some of you were here to witness the inauguration of this Ad Hoc Committee, we reminded you that at the onset of the 9th House of Representatives we proposed a legislative agenda that sought to initiate a comprehensive review of all legislation relating to the power sector.

“Today’s activity is an attempt to walk the walk. This investigative hearing is the premise upon which the House of Representatives shall amass adequate information to guide us in causing the required and appropriate legislative intervention in the power sector.

“I am glad that the Ad Hoc Committee led by the Leader of the House of Representatives has not rested on its oars since its inauguration, culminating in today’s event. It is my utmost belief that they are up to speed in their plan of activities and may turn-in a report within the stipulated time frame.

“I therefore wish to appreciate members of the Ad Hoc Committee and make bold to claim that the membership selection has been vindicated by your performances thus far,” he said.

Continue Reading


Mary Kay Letourneau jailed for raping her 12-year-old student whom she later married, dies of cancer at 58



Former Washington middle school teacher, Mary Kay Letourneau, who was jailed for raping her student, whom she later married, has died after months of battling stage 4 colon cancer.

Her lawyer David Gehrke told multiple news outlets Letourneau died Tuesday, July 7, of cancer.

She was 58.

Mary Kay Letourneau was a married mother of four having difficulties with her marriage in 1996 when she had sexual relations with Vili Fualaau, a precocious 12-year-old in Letourneau’s class at Shorewood Elementary in Burien, south Seattle.

MORE READING!  Place Magu on a 'watch-list' so he doesn't run- Fayose

At about 1:20 a.m. on June 19, 1996, police discovered them in a minivan parked at the Des Moines Marina.

Letourneau, then 34, initially told officers the boy was 18, raising suspicions that something sexual was going on. But when they got to the police station, Fualaau and Letourneau denied there had been any “touching.”

They said Letourneau had been babysitting the boy and took him from her home after she and her husband had a fight.

MORE READING!  Couple who started hand sanitiser business in 2020 set to make £30m

About two months after the marina incident, Letourneau became pregnant with a daughter fathered by Vili Fualaau. Their second child was conceived in 1998, after Letourneau had pleaded guilty to child rape and received a 7 1/2-year prison term.

Letourneau and Fualaau married on May 20, 2005, in Woodinville, Washington, after she finished serving time in prison.

MORE READING!  TRAGIC! Pretty lady allegedly poisoned to death by friend after she was gifted an iPhone 11 (Photos/Video)

Fualaau and Letourneau had previously characterized their relationship as one of love, and even wrote a book together — “”n Seul Crime, L’Amour,” or “Only One Crime, Love.”

Their story was also the subject of a USA Network movie, “All American Girl.”

Letourneau and Fualaau separated in 2017. King County court records show Fualaau asked the court for a legal separation from Letourneau on May 9, 2017.


Continue Reading