Connect with us

General

Lagos: Kemi Olunloyo in ugly exchange with SARS officials (Video)

Published

Controversial Nigerian journalist Kemi Olunloyo has revealed how she had an argument with some Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) operatives around the Badore area of Ajah, Lagos.

Olunloyo took to social media with videos capturing her ugly exchange with the SARS operatives.

According to Olunloyo, the SARS operatives stationed in the area have made it a frequent call to stop and search the car of her artiste Wealth 9ja on a weekly basis, without a search warrant.

In the video, Olunloyo could be seen verbally slamming the SARS operatives for abusing their powers. She narrates how it all began via her Twitter handle.

In her words:

“#BREAKING I just ended a very violent verbal altercation with SARS officers @PoliceNG who accused me of harassing them. It was a 45 min SHOWDOWN in front of @ecobank_nigeria in Badore, Ajah. I asked everyone to film it. Send me footage [email protected]

“Pls Unroll your @threader_app as this is going to be a long one #ENDSARS @rrslagos767 @PoliceNG. This situation was diffused 95% with the leader of the SARS team apologizing profusely to me along with 4 cops EXCEPT one who was still abusing me. A mopol officer nearby ended it #EndSars It all started as my artist told me at a certain junction in Badore, Ajah he is always profiled because of his nice car and outfits as a “Yahoo Boy”. He is not a criminal.. My artist @iamwealth9ja and my son @Richkjtmusic went to a studio this morning.

“When we left the studio for a listening session we got in the car & boom at the junction SARS @PoliceNG pulled @iamwealth9ja aside. They visibly caused fear for @Richkjtmusic my son who is American and almost dialed @USinNigeria for his protection. They ordered us out! #EndSARS

“Officer Kelechi taping me was the leader of the team. His beef was that I harassed him and lied that police ever EXTORTED @iamwealth9ja. He also demanded to search my bag saying I was hiding DRUGS! I told him he needed a search warrant cos I know my CIVIL RIGHTS Angry faceFlag of NigeriaScales #EndSARS”

 

MORE READING!  The benefits of China transport infrastructure dev’t loan to Nigeria

See her tweet and the video below;

General

Vettel says Ferrari messed up with a nonsensical strategy

Published

on

Sebastian Vettel accused Ferrari of messing up with a strategy that made no sense on Sunday.

The unhappy German however did not help his own race by spinning at the first corner and dropping to last.

It was a sign that the four-times world champion’s relations with the team are wearing thin, following their decision not to keep him on beyond this season.

Vettel questioned Ferrari’s moves after finishing 12th in the 70th Anniversary race.

After rejoining in traffic from his first pitstop, Vettel informed his team over the radio that “you know that you messed up.”

MORE READING!  The benefits of China transport infrastructure dev’t loan to Nigeria

“We spoke this (Sunday) morning and said there was no point pitting knowing that we will run into traffic ——- and that’s exactly what we did,” he told reporters later.

“We went also onto a hard tyre, which we then only had on for 10 laps, probably not even that. So, it didn’t make any sense.

“I mean why would you put the hard for 10 laps and put the medium for 20 laps? So, I was running out of tyres towards the end. So, we spoke about exactly that.”

MORE READING!  COVID-19 may overwhelm strained public health systems in Africa as toll nears one million, says WHO

Vettel had said earlier in the weekend that he had run out of answers to explain why he was having such a hard time with the car.

The German, who won all his titles with Red Bull between 2010 and 2013, has been eclipsed by young Monegasque teammate Charles Leclerc.

Leclerc finished fourth on Sunday by making one-stop strategy work.

MORE READING!  Indimi's daughter weds Kogi prince (Photos/Videos)

Ferrari’s review of the race said, perhaps pointedly, that Leclerc’s result was the result of “strategy and bravura”.

“Sebastian’s position was the result of his first lap incident,” said team boss Mattia Binotto.

Vettel is 13th in the standings after five races, with 10 points to Leclerc’s 45.

His best finish this year was sixth in Hungary, and he has been 10th twice.

Continue Reading

General

Osun: Police dismiss inspector for allegedly brutalizing tailor, causing death

Published

on

 The Osun Police Command has dismissed Inspector Ago Egharevbe for allegedly brutalizing a 20-year-old fashion designer, Ayomide Taiwo, leading to his death.

The Newsmen reports that the incident, which happened on Wednesday at Obokun, led to the victim been hospitalized and later died on Sunday.

The Command’s Spokesperson, SP Opalola Yemisi, in a statement on Sunday in Osogbo, explained that Egharevbe, attached to Obokun Divisional Police Station, was arrested after the incident.

Yemisi said the inspector had been tried in orderly room and that the Commissioner of Police, Undie Adie, had recommended his dismissal to the Inspector General of Police.

She said the commissioner of police would not condone any act of indiscipline, brutality, unprofessional behavior from any member of the force under his command.

MORE READING!  Nigeria records 443 new Covid-19 cases, toll now 45,687

“The Osun State Police Command wishes to state that the officer, Inspector Ago Egharepbe, who brutalized a civilian in Ibokun has been tried and dismissed from the force.

“The Commissioner of Police, Undie Adie, has recommended his dismissal to the Inspector General of Police and he has been dismissed.

“He will be charged to court on Monday for murder.

“CP Adie and the entire Osun Police Command commiserate with the family and friends of Ayomide Taiwo on the death of their loved one as we promised to ensure justice is served,” Opalola said.

Confirming the death, Mr. Popoola Adebayo, the deceased boss, said Ayomide died on Sunday “as he had remained unconscious since the attack five days ago.”

MORE READING!  Enugu govt urges proper exclusive breastfeeding habit

Earlier, the deceased brother, Oladimeji Wasiu, said that the incident happened when he and his late brother were returning on a motorcycle to Osogbo from Iragbiji, their home town, where they went for the Eid-el-Kabir celebration.

Wasiu said when they got to Ilahun village, along Ibokun road at about 3:30 pm, they met police officers at a checkpoint who ordered their bike to stop.

He said one the officers became aggrieved when he asked Ayomide to pay N50, but he delayed in paying.

Wasiu said when the officer found out that Ayomide had a huge sum of money with him, he became furious and hit him with the butt of the gun, which forced both of them to fall down and Ayomide became unconscious.

MORE READING!  Obaseki's aide to Ize Iyamu: No real pastor commissions dangerous thugs to subvert the will of electorate

“While we were coming from home, at Iragbiji after Sallah, we met four police officers on our way.

“One of the police officers stopped us and requested for money when my brother brought out money to give him, he saw that he had a huge amount in his pocket, this angered him and he hit him with the butt of his gun on his head.

“And immediately we fell down from the motorcycle while the remaining three officers ran away,” he said.

Continue Reading

General

NMA charges state branches to uphold values to protect members

Published

on

The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) has warned state branches of the association to henceforth, comply strictly with values that would protect the rights of members seeking elective offices in the association.

The President of the association, Prof. Innocent Ujah, gave the warning in a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday.

Ujah said that state branches of the association that had yet to conduct their elections must ensure that democratic values were upheld to protect the inalienable rights of members.

“We want to reiterate our belief in the sacred democratic values of fairness and exploring the constitutional measures available for conflict resolution.”

MORE READING!  God has blessed me more than I deserve, Naira Marley reveals

He said that national officers of the association were not unaware of the electoral violence in Enugu during an election of the Enugu State Branch of the association.

The president said that images emanating from the election had portrayed the association in a bad light, noting that the national secretariat of the body had stepped into the matter.

“It is instructive to note that as the foremost professional body in the country, we condemn in its entirety all forms of electoral violence.

MORE READING!  Indimi's daughter weds Kogi prince (Photos/Videos)

“Electoral violence of any form does not represent what we stand for as Nigerian doctors and it is clearly at variance with our ideals and ethos.”

According to him, the association believes in the sanctity of the ballot and members must, therefore, be allowed to exercise their franchise through a free, fair, and credible process, devoid of any form of rancor or violence.

He said that as members of the profession, members must continue to exhibit the highest levels of decorum in all affairs of the association, including before, during, and after elections.

MORE READING!  Enugu govt urges proper exclusive breastfeeding habit

“The NMA leadership assured all members that we as an association will not fold our arms and allow a few persons to bring us to disrepute.’’

Ujah said that the association would deliberate on the cases during its next National Executive Council meeting, scheduled for Aug. 27 to Aug. 30th.

He assured that the case would be thoroughly investigated and that all those found culpable would be brought to book to serve as a deterrent to others.

Continue Reading




Trending