Connect with us

General

LPG penetration: FG to roll out policy in June – Sylva

Published

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, says the Federal Government will roll out its policy on Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG),  also known as Cooking Gas, toward the end of June 2020, to ensure its penetration across the country.

Sylva made the disclosure in Abuja on Thursday while briefing newsmen on the performance of the sector.

He said that the government had planned to roll out the policy around the end of April 2020  but could not because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

“We had a roll-out date in April ending, but because of the COVID-19, the gathering was not possible; we have moved it to May ending, but we are not seeing the possibility of it going to happen.

“We have now considered to roll out in June end. We are going to start, and a lot of jobs will be created through it, ” the minister said.

He said that under the policy, the government planned to set up 32,000 Micro Distribution Centres (MDC) for LPG across the country.

MORE READING!  Here's the best pen*s size to make a woman orgasm - Survey

Sylva said that 5000 youths across the country would be trained in the business, especially in the fabrication of the material, and would be given starter packs to be able to sell the products.

According to him, some of the illegal retailers of the product will be incorporated in the programme to help in achieving the aim of penetration in all areas in the country.

MORE READING!  I caught my wife under her lover's bed stark [email protected], divorce us husband prays court

He said that the programme would create a lot of jobs in the country and encourage more Nigerians to use LPG.

On acreages (oil wells),  Sylva said that the petroleum ministry had got approval from the Presidency for the award of marginal oilfields.

“The oil well award will be conducted this year on the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB).

“The Federal Government would conduct major oil bid rounds, especially after issues surrounding the fiscals and other issues have been addressed,’’ he said.

Sylva said that work had been concluded on the PIB, and the petroleum ministry was on the verge of presenting it to the President and the Federal Executive Council (FEC) for approval.

MORE READING!  Pastor allegedly visits hell, battled and killed Satan

He said it would, thereafter, be presented to the National Assembly.

 

NAN

General

COVID-19: South Africa reopens restaurants as cases rise

Published

on

“I am breathing again,” sighs Kanto Razafimandimby, on her first night out since South Africa reopened its restaurants and casinos as part of a gradual loosening of lockdown, even as the number of coronaviruses continues to rise.

“It really feels like my freedom is back,” said the 27-year-old dining with three friends at Verdicchio Restaurant and Wine Cellar in northern Johannesburg suburb of Fourways.

Saturday marked the 100th day of lockdown for South Africa, which has imposed some of the strictest stay-at-home measures in the world since March 27 in a bid to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Nevertheless, the number of infections is rising daily by the thousands and the country now has the highest number of cases on the continent — 177,124, including 2,952 deaths.

MORE READING!  Pastor allegedly visits hell, battled and killed Satan
Continue Reading

General

Professor sacked for saying ‘slavery was not genocide’

Published

on

Canterbury Christ Church University has bowed to pressure from students and labour unions to sack Historian David Starkey after the visiting professor claimed in an interview that ‘slavery was not genocide’ because ‘so many damn blacks live in Africa and Britain.’

The 75-year-old academic who is a visiting professor at the university made the comments during an online interview with Brexit campaigner Darren Grimes for YouTube channel Reasoned UK.

During the interview, Starkey said:

“Slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn’t be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain, would there? An awful lot of them survived and again there’s no point in arguing against globalisation or Western civilisation. They are all products of it, we are all products of it.

“The honest teaching of the British Empire is to say, quite simply, it is the first key stage of our globalisation. It is probably the most important moment in human history and it is still with us.”

The interview sparked a backlash online, even British-Nigerian historian David Olusoga reacted, tweeting,

MORE READING!  My children need to feed, please help us, rape victim, who gave birth to triplets cries out

‘This is truly disgusting. And by the same ridiculous, twisted logic the Holocaust would not be counted as a genocide.’

The university has now put out a statement announcing the professor’s sack while apologizing to students and staff of the school.

In a statement today Cambridge’s Fitzwilliam College said:

“The Master has accepted Dr David Starkey’s resignation of his honorary fellowship with immediate effect.

“Fitzwilliam prides itself in leading the way in Cambridge in opening access to higher education for under-represented groups. Our student and academic bodies are diverse and welcoming to all. We do not tolerate racism.

“Honorary fellows have the same responsibility as all members of our college to uphold our values.”

Vice-chancellor of Canterbury Christ Church University Professor Rama has also apologised.

MORE READING!  Late Monarch's family beg Wike to release corpse for burial

He said:

“Widely reported comments by historian David Starkey during a recent online interview are, in our view, completely unacceptable and do not reflect the values of our university and community. We have therefore terminated, with immediate effect, Dr Starkey’s visiting professorship.

“I would like to say sorry to colleagues and students who will have been offended and upset by such comments of this appalling nature, and in particular in these challenging and difficult times for us all.”

Continue Reading

General

My husband throws condoms used on his girlfriend in my face, wife tells court

Published

on

bride price

A 60-year-old Zambian woman has told the court that she would reconcile with her 89-year-old husband if only he undergoes an HIV test.

According to the woman, her husband throws used condoms in her face whenever he came back from having sex with other women.

“My 89-yr-old husband throws the condoms that he uses on his girlfriend in my face and tells me that I am a worthless person,” she said.

According to the Zambia Observer, the woman identified as Astridah Bwale testified that her 89-yr-old  husband, Rodrick Mwale told her that she stinks and that there were beautiful women out there who were better than her.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: New Zealand joins global facility for pre-purchase vaccine

She told the court that she never saw her husband’s salary and he does not buy food for the family.

Astridah alleged that Rodrick only spent money on his girlfriends.

The plaintiff narrated that her husband got his retirement package without her knowledge and that she had no idea how he used the money.

MORE READING!  COVID-19 test remains free for Lagos residents - Health Commissioner

She also complained that Rodrick had in the last four years been sleeping at his girlfriend’s house and that it was the reason that they did not have sex.

The plaintiff also said that she and her family lived in a house without a roof due to the failure by the defendant to buy roofing sheets.

She told the court that she was willing to reconcile with her 89-yr-old husband as long as he agrees to go for an HIV test.

MORE READING!  Here's the best pen*s size to make a woman orgasm - Survey

Problems between the couple who had nine children started in 1988 after her husband found a job.

Testifying earlier,  Rodrick told the court that problems in their marriage started in 2015 after his wife stopped washing for him.

He told the court that his wife also started starving him sexually and that the two have never had sex since 2015.

Ganerton senior presiding magistrate Nsama Banda reconciled the couple and ordered them to go for an HIV test.

 

Continue Reading




Trending