Connect with us

General

Man sues wife for ‘every penny’ spent on eight-year-old son after discovering he is not the father

Published

court

A man is suing his estranged wife at the Family Division of the High Court in London for ‘every penny’ he spent on her son after he discovered he didn’t father the eight-year-old boy.

The man dragged the woman to Court after it came to light the boy was fathered by someone she had an affair with.

According to Daily Mail, the man has been barred from publicising the name of the real child’s biological father.

MORE READING!  Youths need digital skills for 21st century economy – Minister

He also wants damages to compensate for distress. Justice Cohen said the boy must not be told ‘until the time was right’.

He said a social worker would give advice and decide when the boy should be given the information.

The judge has outlined his decision in a written ruling following the latest round of litigation at private hearings in the Family Division of the High Court in London.

MORE READING!  Pregnant woman who chopped off husband's manhood revealed, as brother-in-law explains why she did it

He said no-one involved could be named in media reports of the case.

The man and woman had argued over whether the boy should be told who his real father was. The man said he should be told. His estranged wife was against such a move.

Detail of the case had emerged in July when the judge published an earlier ruling.

MORE READING!  Woman, 42, narrates how police commissioner impregnated, abandoned her with baby in Nasarawa

The judge said the man had been devastated to learn that he was not the boy’s father and had launched a ‘raft’ of litigation. He said the woman was ‘full of remorse’.

General

Man, 27, arraigned for allegedly assaulting woman in Benin

Published

on

A  man identified as Chris Wealth, on Friday appeared before an Ogbeson Magistrates’ Court in Benin, for allegedly beating up a woman using his fist.

The 27-year-old man, whose address was not provided, was arraigned on a count charge of assault, but he pleaded not guilty.

The Prosecutor, Insp Charity Asemota, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on June 6, at No. 1, Brizo St., off Lucky Way, Benin.

MORE READING!  Forex constraints: MOMAN says NNPC may continue as major importer of petroleum products

Asemota said the defendant unlawfully assaulted one Blessing Sunday, by giving her several fist blows on different parts of her body, causing her to sustain injuries.

READ ALSO: Hydroxychloroquine helped Covid-19 patients survive better- Study

She said the offence contravened Section 351 of the Criminal Code Cap. 48 Vol. 11 Law of the defunct Bendel State of Nigeria, 1976, now applicable in Edo.

MORE READING!  Kogi Attack: gunmen vandalise structures, equipment in FMC  

If found guilty, section 351 prescribes one-year jail term for assault.

The Chief Magistrate, Mutairu Oare, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum.
Oare said that the surety must be resident within the jurisdiction of the court, and adjourned the case until July 13 for further hearing.

MORE READING!  Late Monarch's family beg Wike to release corpse for burial

 

 

 

 

 

 

NAN

Continue Reading

General

Covid-19: Kano conducts 12,918 samples test

Published

on

The Kano State Government has so far conducted 12,918 coronavirus (COVID-19) samples test, the state’s Ministry of Health disclosed on its official Twitter handle @KNSMO on Friday.

It stated that

“a total of 12,918 samples of COVID-19 were tested in Kano State.

“No new case recorded from the 97 results received from laboratories as at Thursday, July 2.

“A total of 19 additional COVID-19 patients were discharged.”

It disclosed that the state had so far recorded a total of 1,257 confirmed coronavirus cases, of which, 228 were active cases, 977 discharged and 52 deaths.

MORE READING!  Woman, 42, narrates how police commissioner impregnated, abandoned her with baby in Nasarawa

The ministry urged residents of the state to observe safety protocols, personal hygiene and use face mask, practice frequent hand washing, as well as social distancing to stem further spread of the pandemic.

It also provided toll-free numbers: 0909 399 5333; 0909 399 5444, 0800 268 4356 to call when in difficulty.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: FG lifts ban on interstate travels

Newsmen report that the Kano State Government, on Thursday, announced a total easing of restrictions imposed on the state, aimed at curbing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NAN

Continue Reading

General

Hydroxychloroquine helped Covid-19 patients survive better- Study

Published

on

The use of Hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of COVID-19 remains controversial, but a recent study has found out that the drug helps lower the death rate of COVID-19 patients.

A Henry Ford Health System study showed that hydroxychloroquine helps lower the death rate of COVID-19 patients, after analysing 2,541 patients hospitalized.

The study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine died while 26% of those who did not receive the drug died.

Among all patients in the study, there was an overall in-hospital mortality rate of 18%, and many who died had underlying conditions that put them at greater risk, according to Henry Ford Health System. Globally, the mortality rate for hospitalized patients is between 10% and 30%, and it’s 58% among those in the intensive care unit or on a ventilator.

MORE READING!  Woman gives birth to baby with no arms and legs in India

The study, published in the International Society of Infectious Disease, found patients did not suffer heart-related side effects from the drug.

Patients with a median age of 64 were among those analyzed, with 51% men and 56% African American. Roughly 82% of the patients began receiving hydroxychloroquine within 24 hours and 91% within 48 hours, a factor Dr. Marcus Zervos identified as a potential key to the medication’s success.

“We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring,” said Zervos, division head of infectious disease for the health system who conducted the study with epidemiologist Dr. Samia Arshad.

Other studies, Zervos noted, included different populations or were not peer-reviewed, and cautioned against extrapolating the results for treatment outside hospital settings and without further study.

MORE READING!  Japan-based student shows there are still honest Nigerians

The study is vital, Zervos said, as medical workers prepare for a possible second wave of the virus and there is plenty of research that still needs to be conducted to solidify an effective treatment.

Continue Reading




Trending