Connect with us

Crime

Man to be hanged for raping four-year-old girl so badly her intestines had to be realigned

Published

A man, Mahendra Singh Gond, has been sentenced to death by hanging for raping a four-year-old girl so brutally that she underwent multiple surgeries to have her intestines realigned.

The school teacher is due to be hanged next month after he launched his sickening attack on the minor on June 30 last year in India’s Madhya Pradesh district.

MORE READING!  I didn't abandon my wife and kids because of blue eyes, I did because... husband speaks (Video)

The child had to spend months in AIIMS-Delhi, enduring multiple surgeries after the horrific accident, Timesofindia reports.

Gond had abducted the child on the night of June 30, 2018, raped her in the jungles and dumped her there, thinking she was dead.

After a desperate search, by her family, the little girl was found hours later barely alive. The family found her with agonising injuries and rushed her to hospital.

MORE READING!  New photos of mum and kids abandoned for having blue eyes

Fortunately, the state government immediately had her airlifted to Delhi.

The execution date for Mahendra Singh Gond has been fixed for March 2 in Jabalpur jail.

The brave girl was able to make a statement during her recovery, which helped to convict her twisted attacker.

The teacher was sentenced to capital punishment on September 19 last year. A judge said the crime was the “rarest of rare”.

MORE READING!  El-Rufai: I won’t support a northerner as president in 2023

However, the hanging can still be stopped by the Supreme Court or the President.

 

Crime

Kano Court sentences man to death by stoning for rape

Published

on

An Upper Shari’a Court sitting in Kano on Wednesday, sentenced a 60-year-old man, Mati Abdu, to death by stoning after his conviction for raping a 12-year-old girl.

Abdu was convicted on a count charge of rape contrary to Section 126 of Kano State Shari’a Penal Code Law 2000.

The Trial Judge, Ibrahim Sarki-Yola, said the accused person pleaded guilty to the charge after the case was adjourned for the fourth time without changing his plea.

MORE READING!  Ex-banker, civil servants in court for alleged payroll fraud

Sarki-Yola said the Court was convinced by the accused person’s admission of the charge against him and found him guilty.

The Judge, thereafter, convicted the accused and sentenced him to death by stoning under Section 127 (b) of the Kano State Shari’a Code Law 2000.

Sarki-Yola, however, ordered a 30-days grace within which to appeal the judgment.

MORE READING!  LAWMA arrests 13 cart pushers

Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Ms. Badariya Muhammad, had told the court that the convict committed the offense sometimes in 2019, at Farsa village in Tsanyawa Local Government Area of the State.

Muhammad told the court that the convict at about 1:00 p.m. had unlawful canal knowledge of the 12-year-old girl under a tree situated at Farsa village in Tsanyawa.

MORE READING!  EFCC arrests corps members, three, 29 others for alleged internet fraud

The prosecution argued that the offense contravened Section 126 of Kano State Shari’a Penal Code Law 2000.

In his submission before the Court, Abdu pleaded guilty to the charge in four separate sittings of the Court.

Continue Reading

Crime

Police declare war on killers in Ekiti community

Published

on

The Police in Ekiti State on Wednesday declared war on persons suspected to be involved in the violence and killing of two persons at Ire Ekiti, Oye Council Area of the state over the stoppage of Ogun Onire Festival celebration.

The town had been embroiled in violent crisis since Sunday over attempt by its monarch, Oba Victor Bobade to enforce government’s directives banning the celebration of the annual Ogun Onire Festival to prevent further spread of COVID 19.

MORE READING!  Dutch Police bust biggest cocaine lab, arrest 17 suspects

The action considered as provocative to Ogun worshippers had led to an attack on the palace of Oba Bobade, where two persons were killed and a car burnt in the process.

The police had arrested one arrowhead of the violence and 15 other suspects declared wanted.

The Police Commissioner, Mr Babatunde Mobayo, in a statement in Ado Ekiti, on Wednesday, said the command had begun a mop up operation to halt further killings and turning the town to a killing field.

MORE READING!  Angela Okorie finally dispels marriage rumours, says it was a video

The statement signed by the Command’s Public Relations Officer, Sunday Abutu, said:

“In order to restore peace to the Community, the Commissioner of Police wishes to inform the people of Ire-Ekiti that the Police shall be carrying out a mop up operation and investigation to fish out the perpetrators in the Community from the hour of 6:00 am today, 12th August, 2020.

“In view of this, the Commissioner implores the people of Ire-Ekiti Community to be law-abiding, cooperate with the Police deployed and avoid any act that could frustrate the aim of the operation, as such adverse act shall not be tolerated.”

Mobayo observed with dismay, how some “unscrupulous” persons in their large number had taken to the streets, destroying properties, causing injuries and death of innocent citizens and consequently causing a state of anarchy and unnecessary apprehension.

MORE READING!  Edo 2020: Obaseki alleges plot to stop election, warns crisis will affect entire country
Continue Reading

Crime

Two Nigerians, Sudanese jailed for entering Malta with forged passports

Published

on

Three men – two Nigerians and a South Sudanese – have been jailed six months for using tampered passports to enter Malta.

The Nigerians – 26 years old Jerry Onyibe and Iwezu Tony, 30 – and a Bany William, 21, from South Sudan were charged with falsifying the passports, knowingly making use of them and possession of falsified documents.

MORE READING!  Mexico's third tier club, Coyotes Tlaxcala, 'court' Cristiano Ronaldo

Magistrate Caroline Farrugia Frendi jailed the three men after they pleaded guilty.

Continue Reading




Trending