Connect with us

Man Utd record bid for Nigerian star rejected

Odion Ighalo

Sports

Man Utd record bid for Nigerian star rejected

A report by the Sunday Times claims Manchester United had a £35 million bid for Odion Ighalo was rejected by Watford during the 2016 January transfer window.
It was reported that Louis van Gaal was desperate to sign a striker in January in order to save United’s season but Watford turned down the offer for the Nigeria international.
Ighalo finished the season with 15 goals in 37 Premier League appearances. The report claims that both clubs agreed not to make the negotiations public so that Ighalo would not become unsettled midway through the season. Earlier this summer, Watford also rejected a £38m bid for the striker from Chinese club Shanghai SIPG.
Meanwhile, Sky sources revealed on Thursday that Manchester United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward had begun negotiations that could see Pogba return to Old Trafford in a world-record deal worth £100m, underscoring Pogba’s position at the top of the Football Whispers charts.

And despite Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, saying initial talks with Real Madrid had taken place, and Sky Sports’ Spanish football expert Guillem Balague adding that Madrid is the player’s preferred destination, Sky sources understand that the La Liga giants are out of the race for his signature.

MORE READING!  We showed we are champions, Guardiola says after Liverpool demolish Man City 3-1

But there were further developments on Monday as the player’s agent told The Times that the France international could end up staying at Juventus, adding another twist in this long and winding transfer tale.

Mourinho has just one of his four summer transfer targets left to pursue. Can the Portuguese prove his worth in the transfer market and convince Pogba to return to Old Trafford?

MORE READING!  Messi equals Ronaldo's hat-trick record as Barcelona cruise to 4-1 win over Celta Vigo
Click to comment

More in Sports

To Top