Connect with us

Coronavirus

Nigerian crossdresser, Oluwa Lagos, and his boyfriend test positive for Coronavirus

Published

Nigerian crossdresser Oluwa Lagos has announced that he has tested positive for COVID-19 including his boyfriend.

Born Chris Nasi Monisola, Oluwa Lagos made this disclosure on his Instagram page.

Sharing the heartbreaking experience, he revealed that he had returned to Nigeria from London with his boyfriend who is a footballer.

According to the fast-rising transgender, at first, he had doubts about the virus as to how real it is until he was declared a COVID-19 carrier.

MORE READING!  Tiwa Savage slays with Hindi outfit for Salah celebration (Photo)

Oluwa Lagos narrated that his boyfriend whose name he didn’t reveal was showing symptoms of Coronavirus and had to be tested which he also did after only for the results to come out positive.

See her post below;

 

Advertisement
Click to comment

General

Nigeria records 304 new Covid-19 cases

Published

on

As the nation continues its fight against the pandemic, 304 new cases of COVID-19 have been recorded on Sunday night, the total number of confirmed cases of the deadly virus is 43841.

This was disclosed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) via its official Twitter handle.

According to the NCDC’s tweet, Lagos recorded 81 of the 304 cases, followed by FCT with 39, Abia with 31 and Kaduna 24.

MORE READING!  80% of marriages in Africa leave women being slaves-Actress Lizzy Gold

The rest are: “Rivers-23, Plateau-16, Cross River-13, Ebonyi-12, Ondo-12, Ekiti-11, Edo-11, Benue-10, Nasarawa-10, Ogun-6, Gombe-5”.

20308 COVID-19 patients have been discharged out of the 43841 total confirmed cases in the country.

However, the infection has claimed 888 lives.

Continue Reading

General

Oyo discharges 51 Covid-19 patients

Published

on

Oyo State government has announced the discharge of 51 COVID-19 patients.

Governor Seyi Makinde made this known in a tweet on Sunday.

Makinde also stated that the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state now stands at 1335.

He said,
“51 confirmed COVID-19 cases received their second NEGATIVE test results and have been discharged. This brings the number of discharged cases in Oyo State to 1335.

MORE READING!  #BBNaija lock down: Ozo tells Ka3na he's done with Nengi (Video)

“Also, the COVID-19 confirmation tests for eight suspected cases came back POSITIVE. The cases are from Ibadan South West (4), Ibadan North (1), Ibadan South East (1), Ibadan North West (1) and Lagelu (1) LGAs. So, the total number of confirmed cases in Oyo State today is 2768.”

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

South Africa’s corfirmed COVID-19 cases now 503,290

Published

on

Coronavirus

South Africa’s confirmed cases of COVID-19 have crossed half a million, its health ministry said on Saturday, while cases in Africa as a whole approached a million.

Africa’s most industrialised nation recorded 10,107 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus, pushing the total to 503,290, the ministry said.

Just over 3 million people have so far been tested for the virus in South Africa, which confirmed its first case five months ago, and 8,153 deaths have been recorded. Africa has recorded 934,558 cases, 19,752 deaths and 585,567 recoveries, according to a Reuters tally.

MORE READING!  Nollywood actress who finally gave birth after waiting for 10 years tells her story

South Africa imposed a nationwide lockdown at the end of March to curb the spread of the virus, but it has now eased many restrictions to boost economic activity – as have other countries across the continent, a large chunk of whose populations are poor and face hunger.

“The lockdown succeeded in delaying the spread of the virus by more than two months, preventing a sudden and uncontrolled increase in infections in late March,” South African President Cyril Ramaphosa said in a separate statement.

As restrictions have eased, infections have spiked over the last two months.

MORE READING!  Disney owes me $100million Wizkid tweets

However, the daily increase in infections appears to be stabilising, particularly in the worst-hit Western Cape, Gauteng and Eastern Cape provinces, Ramaphosa added.

The World Health Organisation’s top emergencies expert Mike Ryan last week warned that South Africa’s experience was a precursor for what was likely to happen across the continent.

The difficulty – if not outright impossibility – of socially distancing in Africa’s poor, tightly packed urban areas, has also been an enabler for the spread of the virus.

MORE READING!  80% of marriages in Africa leave women being slaves-Actress Lizzy Gold

Cases in South Africa, which has the fifth-highest total in the world, have overwhelmed an already stretched healthcare system.

That presents a cautionary tale to the other African countries, whose health services are for the most part even more stretched.

During August, the National Ventilator Project will deliver 20,000 locally-produced, non-invasive ventilators to where they are most needed, Ramaphosa said, as the government continues to mobilise additional facilities, equipment and personnel in provinces still experiencing an increase in infections.

Reuters

Note: Figures valid as of 7am 8 August 2020

Continue Reading




Trending