Connect with us

General

Nigerian man seeks help for Lagos building collapse survivor

Published

Building collapse

One of the survivors of the Lagos building collapse, identified as Mubarak Olayinka is in need of financial support for CT scan following injury he sustained in the collapse.

WuzupNaija reports that a three storey building housing a nursery and primary school on the third floor collapsed at the Ita-Faji area of Lagos Island last week Wednesday. The collapse led to the loss of lives of some occupants while those injured are still receiving treatment at different hospitals across the state.

MORE READING!  Niger: Five NYSC members get state awards

A social media user, identified as Bello Oladimeji Oriyomi, called the attention of the public to the plight of the young boy, who is also reported to be an orphan whose guardian could not raise the fund needed for the scan.

He is currently receiving treatment at the Ikorodu General Hospital after sustaining injuries on his head and other parts of his body.

Bello shared photos of Mubarak on the hospital bed and marks of injuries could be seen all over his body.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: India records 182,143 cases, 5,164 deaths

He wrote:

“This is one of the survival student frm the collapse building in ita faji . Mubarak Olayinka he was in general hospital lkorodu he have head injury his an orphan he has no body accept his grandma.

“If there is any help frm government for CT- scan of head. Pls let share to safe a life. 08181130082,08179722706,or 0802512368.”

Nigerians are yet to get over the Itafaji building collapse that resulted in the loss of lives and hospitalisation of many young children. Most of the survivors are gradually recuperating and finding a way to keep forging ahead in life.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: S/Korea reports 27 more cases

However, it has been a tough journey for families who have lost their children and for some others who are struggling to settle hospital bills. One of such is orphaned survivor Mubarak Olayinka whose photos recently emerged on the internet.

 

See the Facebook post:

General

Ondo: Christians obey govt’s directive on partial reopening of worship centers

Published

on

Akeredolu sacks aide for wilful neglect of duty

Christians in Okitipupa, Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State on Sunday complied with the directive of the state government on the partial reopening of worship centres in the state.

Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu on Wednesday directed a “guided” and “syndicated” resumption of mosques and churches across the state.

The state government on March 26, directed a shutdown of all religious worship centres to curtail the spread of #coronavirus.

As part of the partial reopening of the worship centres, Akeredolu also directed that mosques and churches must be disinfected.

MORE READING!  Kidnappers receive $11m as ransom in 50 months, SBM Intelligence says in new report

The governor also directed that soaps, water, hand sanitizer must be provided to worshippers as well as use of face masks and maintaining social distance, among others.

A correspondent who visited churches like Christ Apostolic, Anglican, Methodist, Winners Chapel, Mountain of Fire, Redeemed Christian Church of God, among others, in Okitipupa, noted that the churches complied with government directives.

Worshippers wore face masks, while soap, water and hand sanitisers were provided for worshippers before entering the churches.

MORE READING!  Niger: Five NYSC members get state awards

Worshippers also observed social distancing during the services.

Primate Elisha Akinsulere, the Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Ondo South District, told NAN on telephone that the government had been magnanimous in reopening worship centres.

He urged Christians to continue to pray to God to give the leaders the necessary direction and to pray for God to take away COVID-19 permanently.

“We are happy for the partial reopening of worship centres. We thank the state government for the magnanimity and we will continue to pray for our leaders for the right direction.

“I urge all our brethren to continue to pray to God to help us defeat COVID-19 permanently for peace to return to our dear country and the world at large,” Akinsulere said.

He, however, urged Christians to continue to comply with all government preventive measures to curtail the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

MORE READING!  IGP orders redeployment of 11 police commissioners

NAN

Continue Reading

General

65-year-old customs boss, Hameed Ali, takes new wife (Photos)

Published

on

The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Col. Hameed Ali (Rtd) over the weekend got married to a new bride, Hajiya Zainab Abdullahi in a wedding ceremony devoid of fanfare because of the ravage of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.

Before being appointed as Comptroller General of NCS by President Muhammadu Buhari, Ali, 65 years of age had previously served as military administrator of Kaduna State from 1996 to 1998.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: S/Korea reports 27 more cases

Hameed Ali’s first wife, Hajiya Hadiza Jummai Ali died in Abuja on October 29th, 2018 at the age of 53 years old.

Hajiya Ali who was the first lady of Kaduna State when her husband served as a military administrator of the state from 1996 to 1998, left behind her husband, Hameed Ali and four children.

MORE READING!  Kidnappers receive $11m as ransom in 50 months, SBM Intelligence says in new report

Born 15 January 1955, the current Customs CG previously served as Military Governor of Kaduna State from 1996 to 1998. After retirement, he became secretary of the Arewa Consultative Forum – a political and cultural association of leaders in Northern Nigeria.

Continue Reading

General

Bayelsa confirms first COVID-19 death

Published

on

The Bayelsa State Government has confirmed the death of a Coronavirus patient from complications linked to the disease.

The Director of Public Health in the state’s ministry of health and member of the state’s COVID-19 task force committee, Dr Jones Stowe who confirmed the death of the patient said the deceased is one of the two military personnel who was among the new cases announced in the state a few days ago.

MORE READING!  ‘Lagos to experience decline in number of Covid-19 cases in four to six months’, says Akin Abayomi

Daily Trust reported that the deceased died after suffering from Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) and other related complications days after testing positive for Coronavirus.

Bayelsa state has so far recorded 12 confirmed cases of Coronavirus.

Continue Reading




Trending