Connect with us

Metro

Panic in Ondo council as unknown people allegedly put fetish objects inside chairman’s office

Published

Pandemonium in Ondo council as some objects suspected to be charms or voodoos were reportedly found in the office of the Caretaker Chairman, Okitipupa Local Government, Mr Abayomi Adesanya.

Newsmen learnt that the fetish items were placed in the office of the chairman which reportedly created tension in the secretariat.

MORE READING!  B/Haram demands N20m ransom from blind man to free daughter, niece

It was also learnt that some yet-to-be-identified persons allegedly dropped the objects with the intention to create confusion in the council.

The council chairman identified as Omo’ba Abayomi Adesanya expressed shock over the placement of fetish objects in his office while reacting to the incident.

The council boss said that perpetrators of the devilish act have failed in their plot.

MORE READING!  My husband was okay with me hawking sex for money while heavily pregnant, lady recounts

He added,

“God will expose all the conspirators in no distance time”.

Abayomi urged staff of the council to be calm and enjoined those working in his office to go about their official duties without any fears.

Metro

Boy, 13, drowns in Kano

Published

on

A 13-year-old boy, Anas Basiru, has died in open water at a Sauna in Nassarawa Local Government Area of Kano State.

Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, the Fire Service Public Relations Officer made this disclosure in a statement he issued on Thursday in Kano.

Mohammed said that the incident occurred on Wednesday.

He said,

“We received a distress call from one Mallam Haruna Musa at about 4:pm that Basiru’s body was found floating in the open water.

“On receiving the information, we quickly sent our rescue team to the scene at 4:10 p.m.

“He was handed over to the security personnel on behalf of the family.”

Muhammed further explained that the state fire service had received 97 distress calls from different parts of the state within the last two weeks.

MORE READING!  Man, 28, lures, rapes five-year old girl in Anambra

According to him, 14 were received for fire incidents, 37 calls for rescue, five for false alarms, 39 lives were lost while two lives were saved.

He, however, advised the general public to always be cautious of the use of electrical appliances and to disconnect them from power sources when they were not in use.

MORE READING!  B/Haram demands N20m ransom from blind man to free daughter, niece

He also urged the public to avoid storing petrol and other inflammable substances at homes and shops.

 

 

 

 

 

NAN

Continue Reading

Metro

Father demands investigation after son drowns in Russia river

Published

on

Prof Amaechi Ndubueze, the father of an 18-year-old medical student, Knowledge Ndubueze, who died after drowning in a Russian River, has demanded an investigation into circumstances leading to the sad incident.

Ndubueze, an indigene of Obingwa Local Government Area of Abia, left to study medicine in 2018 at Yugoslavia State Medical University.

His father, a lecturer at the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU), received a call around 3:30 pm on July 9, informing them of his death.

“It was his guardian who stays at St Petersburg: another city different from Yugoslavia State, where the boy was studying that called to inform me about my son’s death. When I asked him what happened, he told me he was not there with him to actually say what happened.

MORE READING!  Nigeria’s first female combatant pilot, Tolulope Arotile is dead

“But according to unverified source that spoke to him, the guardian, he learnt that the boy went for a picnic with others at a lake where the boy was said to have drowned and died instantly.”

Ndubueze suspected there could more to his son’s death than reported

“The news of my son’s death is rather unfortunate becaue we did not hear that he was sick as he has no previous sickness. So we suspect a foul play. We suspect that they are trying to use drowning to cover-up.

MORE READING!  Kano Community visits AGF to say 'thank you'

“How can someone just call me and say Knowledge Uzochi Ndubueze is dead like that?

“We are pleading with the Federal Executive Council led by President Muhammadu Buhari, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and Senators Enyinnaya Abaribe, Orji Uzor Kalu and Theodore Ahamefula to intervene and order investigation into this death as it is rather unfortunate.

“The chairman of Nigeria in Diaspora Commission Mrs. Dabire Abike Erewa, Nigerian Ambassador to Russia and other well meaning Nigerians should come to our help as we are helpless, there is definitely nothing we can do as this incidence is in far away Russia.

MORE READING!  Nurse declared missing in Lagos, found relaxing in Osun hotel

“My son’s movement to Russia is through right and appropriate means. He has his papers intact. His passport too and visa where legally processed.

“It was education that took him to Russia. The proper thing is for an investigation to be conducted into the circumstances surrounding his death and those culpable if any made to face the full weight of the law,” he said.

Continue Reading

Metro

Charcoal fume Kills two in Anambra (Photos)

Published

on

A Nigerian woman identified as Mrs Obiageli Ezeuboaja, and her house boy, Chikamso, have been killed in their sleep in Umuchiana village, Ekwulobia, Anambra State.

Her husband, Bernard Ezeuboaja, reported the incident on Wednesday at Aguata Police Station.

Bernard Ezeuboaja discovered that his wife one Obiageli Ezeuboaja aged 65 years and her house boy one Chikamso aged about 12 years slept and never woke up after he opened the door and saw their lifeless bodies.

MORE READING!  Man, 28, lures, rapes five-year old girl in Anambra

Following the report, Police detectives attached to Aguata division visited the scene and rushed victims to the hospital for medical attention but they were all certified death on arrival by a medical doctor.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the deceased set a charcoal fire in order to warm the room due to cold weather leaving all the windows closed and without ventilation.

MORE READING!  Prominent Warri doctor dies in isolation centre

Meanwhile, the charcoal container was recovered as exhibit while corpses deposited at Ekwulobia hospital mortuary for autopsy.

An investigation is ongoing to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident.

See photos:

Continue Reading




Trending