Connect with us

Coronavirus

Coronavirus: Oyedepo announces cancellation of services at Winners Chapel

Published

This imported vaccine is a tool to sweep humanity- Oyedepo says

The General Overseer of the Winners Chapel, David Oyedepo,  has announced that the Church’s services for this weekend in Maryland USA have been cancelled over coronavirus.

Oyedepo who made the announcement on social media stated that the decision is in line with the state of emergency declared by Governor Logan of Maryland.

READ ALSO: Drug test: Tyson, Wilder test negative to hard drugs, stimulants

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Lagos Catholic Archdiocese opposes continued closure of churches

He also stated that they will monitor information from health authorities before they decide to resume Church activities.

He shared a statement saying:

Although we are God’s children, we are still housed in a physical body. The health and safety of everyone who walks through our doors are of priority to us at Winners Chapel, Maryland @winnerschapelmaryland.

“We have kept up with the latest news update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and in response to the state of emergency declared by Governor Logan of Maryland, our public attendance services this weekend in church have been cancelled.

“We shall continue to keep close tabs with the news and reports from the CDC and local health authorities to know when it is safe to resume services in church.

“On account of this development, we encourage everyone to watch our live services this Sunday at 9 am. Remember that all things are working together for good for those that love the Lord.

“Please keep keeping everyone in prayer, our great nation as well as our world at large. There is power in prayer and the effectual fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much.”

 

MORE READING!  Congo declares new Ebola epidemic

Coronavirus

COVID-19: Ugandan PM goes into self-Isolation

Published

on

COVID-19: Ugandan PM goes into self-Isolation

Uganda’s prime minister on Friday said he went into a self-isolation after some of his contacts tested positive for COVID-19.

“I have gone into self-isolation after some of my contacts tested positive for COVID-19,” Ruhakana Rugunda said in a tweet.

“My own test result is negative, however, I have taken this decision as health recommended measure,” he added.

READ ALSO: FRSC redeploys 119 senior officers

Rugunda is also the head of Uganda’s COVID-19 national task force.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: WHO set to resume hydroxychloroquine trials

Uganda has so far confirmed 557 coronavirus cases, with no death and 82 recoveries, according to the US-based John Hopkins University.

Continue Reading

General

Covid-19: Bayelsa records third death

Published

on

Covid-19: Bayelsa records third death

The Bayelsa Task Force on COVID-19 has recorded the third death as the Covid-19 pandemic continues to ravage the world.

Chairman of the task force, Dr Inodu Apoku, announced this in a statement on Friday in Yenagoa.

Apoku said that the third death was from the nine new cases recorded by the state.

The National Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC) had on Thursday announced that nine new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in the state.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Lagos Catholic Archdiocese opposes continued closure of churches

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Osun relaxes curfew, asks workers to resume

Apoku, also Permanent Secretary, State Ministry of Health said that the nine newly confirmed cases “bring the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 30.

“Four of out of these nine cases are contacts of previously confirmed cases while five are not epidemiologically linked to any of the previously confirmed cases.

“Three of the cases are health care professionals.

“One of these fresh unlinked cases was brought in critically ill and died a few minutes after admission.

“Following the history of the sickness, as was revealed by relatives, samples were collected for COVID-19 testing.

“She died as COVID-19 suspected cases.

“The test result returned positive, and as such, we have another COVID -19 related death making a total of three in the state.

“All remaining eight new cases have since been evacuated for further treatment at our isolation facilities,’’ Apoku said.

According to him, all their contacts are being listed and adequately followed up, including necessary environmental decontamination.

“Samples have and are still being collected from their high-risk contacts while they have all been counselled on self-quarantine.’’

Continue Reading

Nigeria Update

Governor Bello lifts lockdown, insists Kogi is COVID-19 free

Published

on

COVID-19: Bello orders two weeks total lockdown in Kabba/Bunu LGA

The lockdown imposed on Kabba-Bunu Local Government Area of the state over suspected cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19), has been lifted by the Kogi state government.

Governor Yahaya Bello who made the announcement at the Government House in Lokoja on Friday, June 5, said the decision of lifting the lockdown in the local government area was reached after samples which were tested came back negative.

MORE READING!  Computer Village: Community seeks LASG intervention over looming crisis

The Governor who insisted that Kogi state still remains a COVID-19-free state urged residents of the state to observe protocols of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to curb the spread of the disease.

This is coming days after the NCDC announced that two Coronavirus cases were confirmed in the state. Dino Melaye also confirmed this by revealing that he knows one of the patients.

MORE READING!  WHO to resume trial of hydroxychloroquine on COVID-19
Continue Reading




Trending