Connect with us

General

Oyo records 10 new COVID-19 cases, total now 292

Published

Oyo hospital shuts down over Covid-19 death

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State confirmed 10 positive cases in the state on Monday.

This brings the total number of positive cases in the state to 292.

The governor, who doubles as the chairman of the state COVID-19 Task Force, announced the new figure via his verified Twitter handle.

MORE READING!  Balogun Baale-Agbe Oyo State, Alagbon, dies at 88

Of the 10 positive cases, he said eight are from iSON Xperiences in Ibadan South West Local Government Council Area of the state.

The other two cases are from Ibadan North Local Government Council Area.

The governor wrote,

“The COVID-19 confirmation tests for 10 suspected cases came back positive.

“Eight cases are from iSON Xperiences and the other two cases are from Ibadan North Local Government Area. So, the total number of confirmed cases in Oyo State is 292.

“Please, call the Emergency Operations Centre if you have any COVID-19 symptoms: cough, fever, tiredness, body ache and shortness of breath.”

General

I plan on making 20 girls cry in 2020, Nigerian man reveals

Published

on

Heart-rending! Man finds out his four children belong to another man

A young man has taken to twitter to reveal his 2020 plans.

The young man identified as Brown, who obviously is still somewhat hurt by what his ex-girlfriend did to him, has set out to take “revenge” on any girl that comes his way this year as he said he will make a lot of girls cry.

MORE READING!  COVID-19 cases in Lagos exceed 10,000

According to Brown, he has placed his target at 20 girls this year and so far he has managed to make 6 cry already.

He says they must pay for what “Nkechi” did to him.

“I don make 6 girls cry this year, my target na 20.

All of una go pay for wetin Nkechi do me last year.” he tweeted.

 

MORE READING!  Covid-19: Enugu discharges 13 patients

See screenshot of his tweet below;

 

Continue Reading

General

NMA condemns attack on FMC Lokoja, calls for adequate security

Published

on

 

A statement on Wednesday in Lokoja, jointly signed by the state Chairman and Secretary of NMA, Dr. Zubair Kabiru, and Dr. Okungbowa Osaretin, respectively, described the attack on FMC Lokoja premises as ” uncivilized and uncalled for”.

According to the statement, the report has reached NMA Kogi chapter, about the ugly incidence that took place on Wednesday at the premises of the FMC Lokoja, where some suspected hoodlums stormed the hospital’s premises, vandalized offices and carted away from some personal and hospital valuables.

MORE READING!  Hushpuppi: Group wants FBI, Interpol to question Atiku, Deji Adeyanju over possible link to alleged fraudster

”The hospital is where lives are saved; it is uncivilized for it to be attacked for whatsoever reason.

”The staff of the hospital had planned to have a peaceful protest over their safety in the hospital as a result of the ongoing global pandemic of COVID-19 in the state.

”However, before the protest could start, some unknown hoodlums stormed the hospital premises and disrupted the planned peaceful protest.

MORE READING!  Confusion over FG plan to concession four airports

”This action has led to the total shutdown of the only functional tertiary healthcare facility in the state.

”NMA Kogi state believes that the action of these hoodlums is totally uncalled for and condemns it in absolute terms,” the statement said.

The association, therefore, called on the State and Federal Governments to bring the perpetrators to book, while ensuring adequate security for the healthcare workers in the state.

MORE READING!  Woman dies in Ebonyi after allegedly gang-raped by herdsmen in Anambra
Continue Reading

General

Security Council backs UN Chief’s call for global ceasefire

Published

on

The United Nations Security Council on Wednesday passed a resolution, backing the Secretary-General’s call for a worldwide ceasefire to deepen global solidarity against the COVID-19 pandemic.

Resolution 2532 (2020), which was unanimously adopted by the 15-member council, came after a three-month deadlock occasioned by disagreements between the U.S, Russia, and China.

Submitted by France and Tunisia, the resolution echoed Guterres’ March 23 call for the immediate cessation of hostilities by warring parties so the world can concentrate on tackling the pandemic.

However, the two-page resolution excluded ongoing military operations against ISIS, Al Qaeda, and other extremist and terrorist groups so designated by the council.

Reacting, the UN Chief welcomed the long-awaited decision, which he said would “send an important signal to conflict parties and may help change calculations on the ground’’.

MORE READING!  Man City: Guardiola says players will give Liverpool guard of honour

“The Secretary-General continues to urge individual member states to redouble their efforts for peace in the conflicts in which they have influence.

“He looks forward to working with all stakeholders to advance efforts toward concrete ceasefires and durable peace, his spokesman, Mr. Stéphane Dujarric, said in a note to UN correspondents.

The Newsmen reports that this move followed the endorsement of the ceasefire appeal by nearly 180 countries and no fewer than 20 armed groups, according to the UN.

The resolution noted that the “unprecedented extent of the novel coronavirus pandemic, which has claimed no fewer than 500,000 lives globally, “is likely to endanger the maintenance of international peace and security”.

MORE READING!  Balogun Baale-Agbe Oyo State, Alagbon, dies at 88

It added that the pandemic could also reverse peacebuilding and development gains in countries emerging from conflict.

Germany’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Amb. Christoph Heusgen, who announced the resolution described it as“ “very strong signal of unity within the council.

Wednesday marked Germany’s first day as president of the Security Council for the month of July.

Heusgen said the move was also a sign of hope that “we send from the Security Council out into the world”.

Through the resolution, the council called on parties of armed conflicts to immediately engage in a “durable humanitarian pause” of at least 90 days.

This, it stated, is to enable the safe, unhindered and sustained delivery of lifesaving aids.

It requested the Secretary-General to instruct the UN’s 13 peacekeeping missions to support host countries’ efforts to contain the coronavirus.

MORE READING!  Access Bank pays three-month Stamp Duty Charge to customers

The resolution requested the missions to provide updates on the UN’s efforts to address the pandemic in conflict zones and humanitarian crisis areas.

Newsmen reports that the resolution was partly delayed by a dispute between the U.S. and China over the mention of the World Health Organisation (WHO) in earlier drafts.

While China wanted WHO mentioned in the resolution, the U.S. opposed it after President Donald Trump accused the global health body favoring China, an allegation it denies.

The U.S. and Russia also opposed the resolution on the ground that ceasing fire would undermine their military operations against terrorist groups in Libya, Syria, Iraq, and elsewhere.

Continue Reading




Trending