Connect with us

News

PERVERT! 62-year-old man entices two teenagers with money in exchange for sex

Published

Apostolic church

The Police in Lagos on Tuesday arraigned a 62-year-old man, Sikiru Gbadamosi, before an Ikorodu Chief Magistrates’ Court for allegedly enticing two teenage girls with money in exchange for sex.

The accused, who resides at 8 Araromi Street, Beach Area in Ikorodu community, is standing trial on one count of sexual assault.

The two teenage girls whose ages were given as; 11 and 13, also live in the same neighbourhood with the accused.

The prosecutor, Sgt. John Iberedem, told the court that the defendant committed the offence in March around 2: p.m in his apartment.

MORE READING!  Lagos finalises register to open guidelines, set to restart economy

He said the accused usually invited the girls into his apartment whenever they are returning from school to have sex with them and paid them between N100 and N1, 000 each.

Iberedem said that the defendant had been sleeping with them for a long time and threatened them not to tell anybody or be dealt with.

The prosecutor said some neighbours confronted the girls and asked what they were always coming to do with the man, they confessed and the matter was reported to the police.

MORE READING!  Sanwo-Olu set to mark one year in office with virtual, on-site commissioning of projects

Iberedem said the girls were taken to the hospital and the medical test conducted on the girls’ vagina confirmed defilement.

The prosecutor said that the offence contravened Section 263 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.

NAN reports that section 263 stipulates a life imprisonment on conviction.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: One dies, two test positive at FMC Abeokuta

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs F. A. Azeez, granted the accused bail of N1 million with two sureties in like sum.

She ruled that the sureties must be of grade level 12 and above and must have a land that has Certificate of Occupancy.

Azeez also said that one of the sureties must be his family member who paid tax to the Lagos State Government.

She adjourned the case until May 9, for mention.

health

Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital confirms first case of COVID-19

Published

on

Authorities of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH), Nnewi, have confirmed that one case of coronavirus has been recorded in the hospital.

Prof. Anthony Igwegbe, the Chief Medical Director (CMD) of the hospital, disclosed this on Monday, NAN reports.

Igwegbe said the patient was diagnosed with the virus following a test upon getting to the hospital.

According to him, the test result was released on May 23.

MORE READING!  Lagos enlists 600 coronavirus patients for chloroquine clinical trials

He also said that the patient was immediately moved to one of the isolation centres in Anambra State for treatment.

He said,

“The patient was quickly moved from our isolation ward to the Anambra State Treatment Centre last night for care and treatment.

“The patient, a male trader resident in Onitsha was admitted to the isolation ward following proper triage on his presentation on May 20.

“Specimen for test was taken the following day and sent to Irrua.”

The CMD further stated that a suspect was earlier taken in, but test sample was not taken before the patient died.

“That was a probable case, the patient showed some symptoms but sample was not taken before the patient died.

“So we have only one confirmed case of COVID-19 in NAUTH so far,” he added.

However, he said that all the necessary precautions were taken and all those that attended to the confirmed patient used Personal Protection Equipment.

MORE READING!  Sanwo-Olu set to mark one year in office with virtual, on-site commissioning of projects

He also gave an assurance that the hospital would remain vigilant.

Continue Reading

News

Sanwo-Olu set to mark one year in office with virtual, on-site commissioning of projects

Published

on

Sanwo-Olu set to mark one year in office with virtual, on-site commissioning of projects

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state is set to mark one year in office after he won the state Governorship election in 2019.

According to the report, a number of programmes have been slated to commemorate the event, starting with an address by the Governor.

The report added that in the course of the one-week celebration, Governor Sanwo-Olu will embark on virtual and on-site commissioning of Housing, Education, Transportation and Road projects in fulfilment of his promises to renew infrastructure in critical sectors of the economy.

MORE READING!  Lagos finalises register to open guidelines, set to restart economy

Sanwo-Olu will visit Ikorodu to commission the 360 units Lagos Homes Igbogbo Baiyeku IIB Estate, the Courtland Villas in Femi Okunnu Estate in Lekki will also be launched to mark the first year anniversary of this administration.

READ ALSO: Oyo firm, iSON Xperiences, records six more Covid-19 cases, total now 149

In the Education sector, Governor Sanwo-Olu will conduct virtual commissioning of completed classroom blocks in Maya Secondary School, Ikorodu; Eva Adelaja Junior School, Bariga; and Saviour Primary School, Ifako-Ijaiye, among others.

MORE READING!  Teacher who sexually assaulted pupils begs judge for castration, gets 12 years jail term

The virtual commissioning of completed works such as the Concrete Jetty in Baiyeku, Ikorodu; the Aradagun – Ajido – Epeme Road in Badagry; and the Maryland Signalisation Project also form part of Mr Governor’s itinerary to commemorate one year in office.

However, prior to May 29, Governor Sanwo-Olu will deliver a Children’s Day address on May 27, which coincides with the 53rd anniversary of Lagos State.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Edo discharges four patients, records 25 cases, one death

The anniversary commemorative events are instructively low-key to reflect the realities and challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

 

Continue Reading

News

Manager of demolished hotel among 27 new cases of COVID-19 in Rivers – Commissioner

Published

on

Emergency rule: Some citizens plan to cause a breakdown of law and order in River state, says govt

The Manager of one of the two hotels demolished by Governor Nyesom Wike has tested positive for COVID-19.

Rivers State Commissioner for Information and Communication, Paulinus Nsirim, who made the disclosure Sunday evening said the development validates the State Government’s proactive fight against COVID-19.

Nsirim stated that the Manager of Prodest Hotel, Bariledum Azoroh, is among the 27 new cases of coronavirus recorded in the State on Sunday.

“This latest development validates the State Government’s proactive approach towards the fight against COVID-19.

“Recall that Prodest Hotel was demolished two weeks ago because the owner violated Executive Order 7 which banned the operation of hotels.

“The COVID-19 Taskforce members from the Local Government who went to enforce the Executive Order were brutalized and dehumanised leading to the death of one of them,” the statement reads.

Meanwhile, the owner of the demolished Prodest Hotel in Alode Community in Eleme Local Government Area Rivers State, Gogorobari had earlier raised the alarm of an alleged plan by the Rivers State Government to frame up his manager by, “unorthodox hired medical officers.”

MORE READING!  Lagos reduces 2020 budget from N1.17trn to N920bn

Gogorobari in a statement claimed that he has an intelligent report that the manager of Prodest Hotel in Eleme, Bari, “who is a now a sinister convict of the Rivers State Government will be framed up to have tested positive to COVID-19 from alleged illegal detention facility in Elekahia.

“I have it on good authority based on intelligent report reaching me today – 24th May 2020 that the manager of Prodest Hotel in Eleme, Dr. Bariledum Job Azoroh, who is a now a deliberate and sinister convict of the Rivers State Government and also a prisoner of the Rivers State Government has been framed up by an unorthodox hired medical officers recruited by Governor Wike with a report that he has tested positive to COVID-19 whilst in detention with the Rivers State Government.

“The illegal detention facility is in Stadium, Elekahia, Port Harcourt and the Federal Government has since kicked against all forms of illegal detention in Rivers State. The Administration of Governor Wike has no regard for rule of law and feelings for the poor masses.

“You will further recall that the manager was held by the Administration of Governor Wike and kept in this gangster Stadium facility and surreptitiously tried and convicted last week with a fine of N50,000 and to be isolated for 14 days. This is the worst abuse of citizens’ human rights under the Quarantine Act.

“The Rivers State Government and Governor of Rivers State must be held liable for infecting my manager who is in their custody for over 15 days with COVID-19. He was a very healthy person before his arrest. It is, therefore, medically impossible that the infection occurred before his detention.

“It is a known fact that I and the Rivers State Government are at daggers drawn over demolition of my hotel. It is a beastial act for the same Government to convict my manager and now infect him with the novel Coronavirus. It is also known that the plan of the Governor is to kill my manager and his lawyer by conducting some unorthodox medical tracing to the lawyer.

“The manager is currently under pressure to take some unorthodox drugs that are non-compliant to the NCDC prescription and treatment procedures.

“The whole world should be aware that Governor Wike wants to kill the manager to convince the public that infected persons were in the hotel, all in an attempt to justify his illegal demolition of the hotel on the 10th of May 2020. The society should therefore be concerned just as I am worried.”

Continue Reading




Trending