Connect with us

News

Popular German evangelist Reinhard Bonnke is dead

Published

Reinhard Bonnke

Renowned German Pentecostal evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke, has died at the age of 79.

Popularly known for his gospel missions throughout Africa, Bonnke passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family, on Saturday, December 7, a statement on his official Facebook page said.

The announcement of his demise published on his Facebook page read:

It is with sorrow that the Bonnke Family would like to announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, and grandfather, Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke.

“He passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family, on December 7, 2019.

“For the past 60 years he has preached the glorious Gospel of Jesus throughout the entire world. We want to thank you on behalf of him and our family, for your kind love and unwavering support, which enabled him to preach the matchless message of salvation to countless people,” the statement read.

Bonnke is a well-known figure in Nigeria. In 1991, during Bonnke’s visit to Kano, northwest Nigeria, caused riots in the city as some Muslims protested over remarks he had reportedly made about Islam in the Kaduna.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Air Peace sacks 70 pilots

He, however, returned to preach in Nigeria nine years after the incident.

READ ALSO: Bonnke’s successor, Kolenda, arrives Calabar for crusade

In November 2017, he was in Nigeria again for what he described as his ‘farewell crusade’ where he also introduced his successor, Evangelist Daniel Kolenda to Nigerians.

 

See the Facebook post:

MORE READING!  Nigerian health worker bags 11 years jail term for raping 73-year-old Alzheimer patient in Ireland

News

JUST IN: WAEC releases 2020 WASSCE timetable

Published

on

WAEC Candidates

The West African Examinations Council has released the timetable for the 2020 West African Senior School Certificate Examination, The PUNCH reports.

The Federal Government had announced that the examination would begin effective August 17, 2020 through September 12, 2020.

 

Details later…

MORE READING!  Sanwo-Olu pays debt of 45-year-old man who attempted to commit suicide on third mainland bridge (Photo)
Continue Reading

News

FG to resume Digital TV broadcasting- Lai Mohammed

Published

on

The federal government says it will “very soon’ resume the rollout of Digital Switch Over (DSO) – a transition from analogue to digital television broadcasting – across the country.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, stated this on Tuesday in Lagos at a ceremony to unveil the new amendment to the 6th Edition of the Broadcasting Code.

Fielding questions from stakeholders at the ceremony, the minister said the DSO suffered some setbacks which led to hold after it was launched in six states.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: WAEC releases 2020 WASSCE timetable

He reiterated the commitment of the government to spread the massive benefits of digital television to the people, stressing that it was the fastest way to create jobs.

The roll-out of DSO commenced in Jos, Plateau in April 2016 and moved to Abuja, Ilorin, Kaduna, Enugu and lastly in Osogbo in February 2018.

MORE READING!  Father of three commits suicide after strangling sister in Enugu

The minister assured the stakeholders that they would hear from the government on the resumption of the DSO roll out in the coming weeks.

Mr Mohammed also told the stakeholders that the government had been implementing policies and programmes to reposition the creative industry.

He said one of the major recommendations of the Post COVID-19 Initiative Committee on the Creative Industry chaired by ace comedian, Ali Baba, was a restructuring of the industry.

MORE READING!  Ganduje frees 29 inmates‎

The minister reassured that the government would soon set up a committee on the implementation of the recommendations to move the industry forward.

The Minister also reiterated government’s commitment to assist the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria in securing the N10 billion Nigeria Media Intervention Fund from the Central Bank of Nigeria.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NAN

Continue Reading

News

Covid-19: Imo postpones resumption of schools for graduating classes

Published

on

Imo State Governor, Senator Hope Uzodinma, has directed that all schools in the state should remain shut down pending the fulfilment of all laid down COVID-19 protocols.

The Governor gave the directive through a press release signed by the state Commissioner for Education, Prof. B. T. O Ikegwuoha.

The release said a resumption date will soon be announced by the Governor as soon as the modalities and conditions given by the state COVID-19 task force, World Health Organization and the Nigeria Centre For Disease Control have been fulfilled.

MORE READING!  If you once had a sugar daddy, you have no right to fight your husband over his side-chic (Video)

The WAEC/WASCCE examination, according to the release will commence on August 17, 2020 as against the resumption date earlier slated for August 4, 2020.

In the other news, the Edo State Government has said secondary schools in the state will not resume tomorrow, August 4, 2020, as announced by the Federal Ministry of Education but on Monday, August 10, 2020, for graduating students.

MORE READING!  China loan: Nigeria will pay back in 20 years- Amaechi

Only students in SS3 who have enrolled for the WASSCE and schools who have enrolled for the NECO Basic Education Certificate Examinations (BECE) are to re-open on Monday the 10th of August, 2020.This is to enable operators of schools in the state to complete the modalities for a safe school re-opening.”

“A date for the re-opening of other classes will be announced in due course. Meanwhile, proprietors of private schools are to strictly comply with the provision of school re-opening guidelines obtainable from the Ministry of Education in the 18 Local Government Areas of the state, the state said.

Continue Reading




Trending